View Full Version : Small Engine Repair??

BigFish
11-16-2006, 11:56 AM
Can anyone recommend a good place to get my Craftsman snowblower serviced in the Hanover Ma area?? Looking for a small shop....owner operated....not Sears Service Center as they take my unit in and ship it to another location which I don't like!

chief10
11-16-2006, 12:20 PM
#^&#^&#^&#^&'s in hanover is really expensive...Morrisson's off of exit 5 in plymouth does agood job and doesn't charge and arm/leg. I can't remember the name of the small engine place on the duxbury/kingston (rt. 53) line but my father takes his there and never complains.

Swimmer
11-16-2006, 12:41 PM
Larry there is a guy on West Washington street, in Hanson, a couple of houses away from the corner of Wesy Wash. St., and County Rd. who works out of his garage, older fellow, its all he does. My neighbor and a few other people have gone there. Prices were reasonable. It is easy to find. If you came up from Hanover into Hanson ctr. say on Brook Street. Go up country road towards East Bridgewater behind Shaw's. When you get to the blinker take a right and he is right there on the right.

chief10
11-16-2006, 12:41 PM
duxbury fix it shop is the name. not as expensive as #^&#^&#^&#^&'s in hvr.

fishsmith
11-16-2006, 12:49 PM
Duxbury fix-it on RT 53. They aint cheap either, because it's Duxbury (he he).

Did it run last year?

If so, there shouldn't be much to do other than new gas/oil/plug and clean the filter.

You make nice plugs, this project has trade writen all over it.

I have to do the same thing this weekend, I'd offer to help you, but fire shoots out the muffler of mine, so I might not be the best bet.

BigFish
11-16-2006, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the plug compliment Fishsmith and for the advice to NOT have you fix my thrower....but I do appreciate it! Yeah, the gas evaporated and the carb is probably gummed up!! My brother never maintained it after my Dad passed away so I took it!!!:btu:

afterhours
11-16-2006, 05:22 PM
a little carb clean in the bowl and lines add a new filter if equipped and one new s/plug should be it. $10 and 30 minutes or so.....