View Full Version : Done Fishin headin to PA for some Bambi

Fisherwoman
11-17-2006, 08:56 PM
Hitting the road in the morning to head for PA to see the family and get my annual hunt in. Just wanted to wish everybody a very healthy and happy turkey day. I will send pictures if I get a big one.

See ya all soon!!!

BigBo
11-17-2006, 09:14 PM
Good luck Jules. Bucktail season.:smokin: :wave:

tper
11-18-2006, 07:20 AM
Just returned from my yearly hunt -- 1st time in 20 years the group came back empty.. We did see buck chasing does etc.. just nothing close - Great trip overall but we give it 2 reasons why no deer --
What do you think??
PA new rules

1) Buck must have 3 antler on one side to be legal
2) Muzzle loader season for a full week shooting does before the
archery guys get in the woods.. In-line also so they really are shooting rifles at does for a week :realmad:

What do you guys think?

JohnR
11-18-2006, 07:28 AM
Good luck Jules

tynan19
11-18-2006, 08:31 AM
Best of luck!

Swimmer
11-18-2006, 08:51 AM
Had four in the backyard this morning at 6:00 a.m. Jules. Save some gas money and stop by tomorrow morning. Say hello to your folks for me.

Fisherwoman
12-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Just checkin in, Well the buck count is low but the doe count is getting better. Got my 2 doe tags filled,:liquify: one on Sat and one today. No Bucks yet, have seen a few but none with 4 points on one side.
Here in Armstrong county they have to have 4 points on one side.
I think the season is getting too long, for does. You have archery season for a whole month, then bear season for 3 days, then rifle season for 2 weeks, then muzzle loader season after that. so yep too many days of pressure in the woods.:zup:

MY sister in law got a really nice HUGE 8 point that has a 19 1/2 inch spread. I will put pictures up when I get home. We also had alot of really big bucks come in to the butcher shop. Mostly off of posted ground, loosing ground just as fast for hunting as fishing. Used to be able to go to any adjoining farm next to my mom and dads and hunt, not any more!!!!

We need snow as the brush here is pretty think so its hard to see them, and you could walk right past them and unless you step on them they won't even twitch.

Hope everybody had a happy turkey day. I will check back in a little later. Just wanted to say Hi !!!!!

Sgt_Nutz
12-04-2006, 11:30 PM
Good job out there. Just got my first doe tag filled this am. :)