View Full Version : fishing today in boston harbor

Mr. Kav
06-13-2002, 06:23 AM
i am going out fishing after work today is anyone going to be out there ? i will try channel 69 and give a shout out and see if anyone is listening.

STEVE IN MASS
06-14-2002, 07:06 AM
So, results?

STEVE IN MASS
06-14-2002, 08:27 AM
Hmmmmm, awfully quiet......must have got the skunk.....:p :smash:

Mr. Kav
06-14-2002, 08:54 AM
when out for a test run yesterday to make sure everything is ship shape for sunday ( fathers day) . the boat ran fine and everything else for that matter. started off trolling a niner rig in the harbor on my way out to the mackeral grounds and all of a siudden WHAM. i picked up the rod and thought i had a 30#er on the line and ended up pulling in 4 schoolies on the same rig. thought i had a real nice fish for a minute or two. didn't really fish only for an hour or so it was more of test for the boat. i called for s-b members on 69 but didn't get a reply. i saw a guy with a trolling motor on the bow pulling in a small schoolie and i went over to him and said " schoolie monster ? "

schoolie, i think you had mentioned that you have a trolling motor on your bow. Anyway the guy said "no it isn't a monster it is a small one " so i realized it wasn't you. anyway did catch one fish in the 32" class on a yozuri squid lure didn't find any macs and returned in.

STEVE IN MASS
06-14-2002, 08:58 AM
Gee, 4 at once, that must have been a fun mess to untangle...:)

Mr. Kav
06-14-2002, 09:08 AM
your are right but the scars on my hands my have something different to say about that.

Van
06-14-2002, 02:02 PM
Kav:

4 schoolies x 8 lbs ea. = 32 #er !!:happy:

Congrats!!:D

Are you thinking of heading out this weekend? Weather looks bad with the NE wind. I may stay home.
Finally got the boat in the water last weekend right up the river from you. So of course now the weather sux.:mad: :af:

AveMariaCharters
06-14-2002, 03:40 PM
MR. KAV
I heard you calling on channel 69 last night but I didnt realize that you are calling striped-bass members....sorry
i run 24' privateer red hull white top , captain's cove marine
AVE MARIA
i scan channel 69

19Mako
06-16-2002, 04:47 AM
Mr KAV,
I'll see you out there, my brother is picking up my dad as I'm typing this.......... should be on the water by 630, see you out there.

Striper1
06-16-2002, 01:34 PM
Mr. Kav, You find any bait up in the bay yet ?

I was up there this AM still no bait around there.

One small bass trolling white cd18 on lead core.

plus some flounder.

I'm off friday thinking of doing an overnight...:D

Mr. Kav
06-17-2002, 07:18 AM
well how was fishing the harbor this weekend. i never went yesterday because my father wasn't really up for it. i am thinking of going tonight after work looks like it is going to be a nice day.

van,
i like your math but unfortunately i think the total was under 20lbs. oh wait i think i could have got it to 32lbs if i weighed the fish, the rig and the 5 gallon bait bucket ( full of bait).

mako19
how did you do?

bass master
i was saying s-b s-b s-b, at least i know it works i will be more specific next time. Were you anchored up in front of the treatment plant ?

striper1

the only bait i have caught so far is out of the harbor, there was quite a bit out in between hardings ledge and " b " bouy. last thursday on my way in i did mark 2 different schools of bait by wessegusset and the other at the split of the four and the town rivers.

Van
06-17-2002, 07:47 AM
Kav:
I went out for a little while sunday, but it was later in the morning.
Lots of birds were working in front of wessagusset YC. right around the "GO SLOW" sign. There were quite a few boats there already, and with the increasing traffic it seemed to drop off quickly. I would bet they did well early in the morning before I got there. I trolled a bit NADA. :mad:

Then I tried to go outside, the swells were huge just outside the gut, so I went back to the marina and did some work on the boat.

I planing to go out tomorrow. The seas should calm down by then.:rolleyes:

Mr. Kav
06-17-2002, 08:05 AM
Van, are you going out in the am tomorrow? i am thinking about going out a few times during the weak but i don't get out of work until 3:00pm.

STEVE IN MASS
06-17-2002, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Mr.Kav
but i don't get out of work until 3:00pm.

3:00? Slacking again?....:p :smash: :smash:

Mr. Kav
06-17-2002, 09:08 AM
steve, no slacking here, i leave at 3 most every day now. i get in at 6:30 am though now.

Van
06-17-2002, 09:21 AM
Kav :

Yes, for sure tomorrow, starting at 6am. I will probabaly be back in by 3-4 pm, my son has a 5pm baseball game.

Wednesday is the MSBA meeting, so I might go out again Thursday after work that would be around 5pm tides should be good.

Steve: Tough crowd !!
Besides work only interferes with fishing time !!!!!

I tried SB SB SB yesterday-no answear, but when I did MSBA MSBA, I got Mike B. He was fishing that area I mentioned in the last post. There was a lack of boaters yesterday anyway, but that's a good thing !!!!:D

STEVE IN MASS
06-17-2002, 09:25 AM
Van, just busting his stones, we used to work together....

Kav - 6:30, gee I'm impressed, for you, anyway....:p.......another hour earlier like I used ta do, and THEN ya won't be slacking.....;)

Van
06-17-2002, 09:37 AM
Opps:

Just realized the MSBA meeting is next Wednesday not this week.
DUH !!!:rolleyes:

So maybe I will go out Wednesday after work.... Thursday may not be do-able anyway.

Mr. Kav
06-17-2002, 09:37 AM
steve, I RATHER SLACK

schoolie monster
06-17-2002, 09:50 AM
Mr. Kav, no that wasn't me... "no its not a monster, its a small one" That's pretty funny.

I was out friday and saturday... friday, I monitored 69 for different periods during the day.

I was out again sunday, and monitored for awhile. Alot of running though, so I probably would've missed anyone broadcasting.

I'll post a report in the "reports" section.

STEVE IN MASS
06-17-2002, 10:11 AM
LOL.....I have for 4 1/2 months now.....;)

Van
06-19-2002, 10:28 AM
Great day out there yesterday. I did reach an MSBA member on the VHF. That proved to be beneficial.

Check out my post in striper talk.
Great fishing day.

Kav: did you get out after work, I saw some prolines out there later in the day. One had twin mercs, i think.

Mr. Kav
06-19-2002, 12:27 PM
VAN, yes i was out there, but i have twin white evinrudes. i was out at b-bouy for a while and didn't come back in until after dark. realised two fish last night 32" and 36". caught on live macs

Van
06-19-2002, 12:49 PM
Good job Kav:

Did you get the macks and bass out at the B or in close.
In close is where I got some yesterday.

Mr. Kav
06-20-2002, 06:29 AM
Van, i got them out in the 70 ft range i was trolling and that is where they hit so i started jigging for a few minutes and got a dozen or so. i did mark a few small schools in the fore river on the way out but i wasn't rigged to catch any at that point so i kept going and waited tilll i got out there. The bass were near hardings in about 40ft and the smaller one in about 15ft.

Van
06-20-2002, 08:34 AM
Nice:
I could only get a few macks also. We caught fish at Boston light and Allerton. A guy at my marina was out tuesday at the graves and got several shorts also.

I intend on going out this weekend (hope the weather holds up).

Mr. Kav
06-20-2002, 09:09 AM
I will be either out friday night and into the wee hours of the morning or first thing in the morning saturday. i think saturday should be a hot one so it should be refreshing to be out on the water. i hear that there might be thunderstorms on sunday.

AveMariaCharters
06-20-2002, 10:39 AM
MR.KAV and VAN
YOU GUYS SHOULD BEEN OUT THIS MORNING THERE WAS MILES OF FISH ON TOP MORE KEEPERS THAN SCHOOLIES.
CAN YOU EMAIL ME WERE YOU BEEN GETTING MACKS THIS WEEK AND I'LL BE OUT SATURDAY AND SUNDAYT IF YOU NEED ANY INFO CHANNEL 69.

AVE MARIA CHARTERS
THANKS

Van
06-20-2002, 10:55 AM
I think my son and I will go out fishing Saturday.
But he don't like getting up early, so it may be later AM. :smash:

Maybe take the girls out sunday for a ride.:D

Van
06-21-2002, 12:32 PM
KAV and Mike:

I am cutting out of work early (like in 1/2 hour) and heading for the boat. Probably stay out till near dark. Will either of you be out there??

Monitor 69.. SB or MSBA hailing......

I'll also be out saturday most of the day.