View Full Version : ONE LAST TIME!

PoPin Plug
11-20-2006, 03:01 PM
going to the canal one more time this season..... found another rod that isnt broken and gonna sling some eel's out there all day long..... any advice?!?! umm also this is kinda a stupid question, but what do you guys prefer what drifing eel's at the canal??? circle hook or a regual hook....

- the sped, popin plug

Canalman
11-20-2006, 03:09 PM
Probably a bit late, but I'd use regular hooks for drifting in the canal. I use circles everywhere else.

-Dave

MarshCappa
11-20-2006, 03:26 PM
Good luck! I'll be curious to see your next report after your day in the ditch. I haven't seen anyone posting anything here in awhile that have caught anything significant. Give me a reason to get my gear out of the shed!!!!!! My plug bag is still in my jeep though so I haven't totally packed it in yet.

PoPin Plug
11-20-2006, 04:04 PM
well just givin it a shot....... idc what i catch as long as i'm catching something....like i said in anothewr thread i'll probly also go for mac's toooo

The Iceman 6
11-20-2006, 04:12 PM
Kinda unrelated but went off my buddy's boat on Saturday am in CT and took nothing but "gator blues." Lost a lot of fluro leaders as I was too stubborn (I mean stupid) to switch as I was hoping for a bass which never hapened. I dunno, I always "though" that if the blues were still around - then the bass didn't entirely migrate yet. I'll give it one more try off my buddy's boat (I begged him not to pull it in) this Saturday morning. Time will tell. I'll prob. surfcast 2 more weeks after that then I'm done.

Ice

PoPin Plug
11-20-2006, 04:17 PM
Kinda unrelated but went off my buddy's boat on Saturday am in CT and took nothing but "gator blues." Lost a lot of fluro leaders as I was too stubborn (I mean stupid) to switch as I was hoping for a bass which never hapened. I dunno, I always "though" that if the blues were still around - then the bass didn't entirely migrate yet. I'll give it one more try off my buddy's boat (I begged him not to pull it in) this Saturday morning. Time will tell. I'll prob. surfcast 2 more weeks after that then I'm done.

Ice

well hopefully that will happen to me because i realy dont care what i catch aslong as they give me a fight

:angel: praying for the bass though:angel:

bttfish
11-21-2006, 09:14 AM
Good luck! Got nothing all day Saturday at teh Canal. There were plenty of Macks at the end of scussett pier Sat morning. Also, tons of guys and boats were there too..

PoPin Plug
11-21-2006, 02:50 PM
blaaa... right now i dont think i'll be going for bass because of noone reporting anything but i'll probly go for mac's.... is there a size limit and a limit on to how many you can keep for mac's bc if i catch a bunch if i still got time i'll just start drifing mac's

SPech
11-21-2006, 08:01 PM
I was at the East end on Sunday AM. Four micros SB plus one at 26'' in one hour.

PoPin Plug
11-24-2006, 07:12 PM
nothing today:af: :crying: but i herd about umm 12 there was scoolie action in whereham...

the waves at scusset beach were nutz!!!!