View Full Version : what's the best lure to use in MA surfcasting

theyreoutthere
06-14-2002, 02:09 PM
have always used bait (herring).

fish on Cape Ann in Rockport and Gloucester, from shore. what is the best lure (s) to use---thanks.

Fisherwoman
06-14-2002, 02:18 PM
You Might want to try, chrome creek chubs, pearl 4 inch shad with a 3/8 oz jig head. Bucktail jig with a white curly tail grub on it. Gibbs pensil popper, white/red head. hope this helps!!!

theyreoutthere
06-15-2002, 10:09 AM
thanks, just what i needed, a few ideas---kind regards,

theyreoutthere.

Stroth
06-15-2002, 08:37 PM
1. Bucktail Jig

2. Darter

3. Popper

Nothing beats a bucktail.

Got Stripers
06-16-2002, 09:07 AM
Split tail, 8" grub, popper in that order for me. You water is probably very similar to my favorite and likely very rocky. You might want to give my jerkbait article a read http://www.ledgerunnerbaits.com/striper.htm as it will have some helpful information. If your water is as rocky as some of the water I fish, working a jig on the bottom is like throwing your money in the air, which is why I weight my split tail hooks as I do. It would be a natural for any shore bound presentation as well as it's almost snag free, but at the same time you have some weight for casting and depth control.

Stroth
06-16-2002, 03:25 PM
What got said.

His baits are the best in the business.

Which reminds me. Do you have a shop in halifax or should i order over the phone?????

Slipknot
06-16-2002, 05:41 PM
Atom popper, in blue and white. throw it to bass feeding and you will hook up. :)