View Full Version : New Storms

scoobe
11-25-2006, 08:56 PM
You guys checkout the new line up of soft swimbaits? They are really riding this one for all it's worth. Here are the herring and bunker.

scoobe
11-25-2006, 08:57 PM
Here is the goby.

tattoobob
11-25-2006, 09:20 PM
To bad there hooks are junk

t.orlando
11-25-2006, 09:34 PM
To bad there hooks are junk

Never had one bend or fail, on big fish too.

sapo
11-25-2006, 11:24 PM
wow WHO'S GOTTEM'?

scoobe
11-26-2006, 02:51 AM
Storm uses VMCs on their plastics. True the hooks are a bit light on the smaller lures, but I haven't had one fail yet. They do seem pretty beefy on the larger sizes, though.

Here are the sardine and anchovy models. I know the anchovy isn't new... not sure about the sardine. The anchovies woulda been nice to throw this year when they invaded MA waters.

justplugit
11-26-2006, 08:30 AM
I like that herring. :hihi:

SirWinston
11-26-2006, 10:16 AM
The 4" anchovy is a definite xmas stock-up. Just have to find someone who sells them!!
This month I was at CGH and a gentleman was hitting them time and again from the wall. They were cookie-cutter smalls, but they were the only ones around. The rest of us just couldn't convince the fish to co-operate (well, I did have one who was kind enough to be interested in a small pearl shad and stopped me from being skunked!). He was kind enough to show us what he was using, and kinder to let me use one of the 4" anchovies..... next thing I know we're hitting them side-by side every couple of casts. I know that this may not happen again, but I would prefer to have a couple in my bag just in case.....:D

Another fisherman tried everything in his bag, cocohoes included. When the first guy left, he gave the him another of the anchovies. The tide had turned, and the bite slowed down. He fished for another half hour until a fish finally hit, played it to the wall, lifted the line to pull the fish up.........only to have the line break, thus losing the only fish to have said hello to him, and the only lure that they were interested in....

He took it in good heart!

BMEUPSCOTTY
11-27-2006, 05:18 AM
Lake Erie smallmouth will looove that goby.

Mr. Sandman
11-27-2006, 06:36 AM
The anchovy has been around for most of this season. I used it a bunch. Looks and works great. The hooks are on the lite side but are passable when they are new... keep in mind this is a disposable bait. They rust fast quickly though. The only real problem I have with swimbaits are bluefish. As you know one small whack from a 3# blue and a swimbait is worthless. But they look amazing in the water.