View Full Version : It's officially over for me...

Flaptail
11-28-2006, 09:40 AM
Last at Scorton Creek, outgoing tide, wind fresh southwest and overcast I made my last casts for the year. One Dropped, one caught and two bumps all on needlefish in a three hour period. What started on April 17th in Cotuit ended in Sandwich on November 27th.

Thirty-one weeks of fishing for Striped Bass, now to wait out the next 19 weeks.

Not a bad year year all in all, no complaints. Now to the cellar to bang out the Christmas presents. The lathe gets fired up tonight!

Hope your season was a good one too!

Swimmer
11-28-2006, 11:52 AM
Great places to start and end. Could be a book in between.

Bigcat
11-28-2006, 12:31 PM
I finished up there yesterday myself, all my fish were on flys in less then three feet of water :cool:

Lower
11-28-2006, 12:47 PM
I hear you on those Christmas presents...I started to bang out a few last night. Christmas sneaks up to quickly.

Congrats on a great season.

Ed B
11-28-2006, 02:13 PM
now to wait out the next 19 weeks.

Flaptail, You are a lying sack of sawdust!!!!:hee: It ain't ever totally over for you and I know about twenty people who could back me up on this. Between now and next April "No fishing for you". I don't believe it.
Warm spell in Dec- Trout rod will be out if your not looking for schoolies
First cold snap-tilts come out
Ice out- Back to trout rod

I predict at least 20-30 trips between now and next 19 weeks.:uhuh:

Ed (see you on the water)

Karl F
11-28-2006, 02:28 PM
Flap.. make the plugs :D.. take note tho.. fish with stripes.. mid twenties,(inches).. to legals.. still hanging from RP to my beach...
some Nice trout in the ponds in my big back yard.. and some smallies too.....

And Ed's right.. it's never over for you.

Canalman
11-28-2006, 02:51 PM
19 weeks really doesn't sound bad at all when you put it that way. I've still got 3 weeks to go so 16 weeks... I can do that... I think :crying:

-Dave

Flaptail
11-28-2006, 02:59 PM
now to wait out the next 19 weeks.

Flaptail, You are a lying sack of sawdust!!!!:hee: It ain't ever totally over for you and I know about twenty people who could back me up on this. Between now and next April "No fishing for you". I don't believe it.
Warm spell in Dec- Trout rod will be out if your not looking for schoolies
First cold snap-tilts come out
Ice out- Back to trout rod

I predict at least 20-30 trips between now and next 19 weeks.:uhuh:

Ed (see you on the water)

Jeesh Ed it sounded so good! Your right, it ain't over yet and won't be. Holdover bass in Waquoit, Scorton, Barnstable and Wellfleet, Ice fishing for trout and salmon, jigging perch and bass in Wequaqet Lake, Spring (is February considered spring?) trout fishing from Bourne to Truro and finding a tall lanky guy from Rhode Island in my 8 acre trout pond in Sandwich.

Karl, maybe I can go for one more night down that way! Hmmmm......

It's a viscious freakin' circle it is!:bl:

Sluggoslinger
11-28-2006, 03:00 PM
:think: I like Christmas Presents for anyone that wants to hook up a hoe:angel:

:wave:

FishermanTim
11-28-2006, 06:37 PM
My friends and family thought that the end of striper fishing was the end until next year. Then I bombard them with my regiment.
Mind you, I don't stick to it because some seasons may last a little longer from year to year.
Spring - trout fading into early stripers
Summer - stripers and all sorts of saltwater fishing.
Fall - stripers fading to trout
Winter - Ice, Ice baby.
Now when I say I have plans, they roll their eyes and say "let me guess....Fishing!"

Skitterpop
11-28-2006, 11:15 PM
Steve :cheers:

jimmy z
11-28-2006, 11:36 PM
:soon: I have at least one or two left in me.
I agree is been a real decent season.

stiff tip
11-29-2006, 05:56 AM
stevie.... who,s sh-tin....who......1 call from dwn south n we all ,,would b gone...call. eric....

Flaptail
11-29-2006, 06:51 AM
Okay, okay let's re-define this. I am done "NIGHT" fishing for the year. There, happy?:heybaby: