View Full Version : OTW Fishing New England

Rockport24
12-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Did you guys see the OTW show this Sunday am? They did the whole show on Cutty and it was awesome, they actually did half the show in the surf!

Bronko
12-04-2006, 03:36 PM
Did you guys see the OTW show this Sunday am? They did the whole show on Cutty and it was awesome, they actually did half the show in the surf!

Great show. I DVR'd it and watched it last night!:D

Sluggoslinger
12-04-2006, 03:37 PM
I only caught the back half when they were trolling. What were they trolling? I couldn't figure out what it was...

bttfish
12-04-2006, 03:42 PM
I missed it.. :bc:
Had to do choirs with the mrs... :af:
Looking foward the whole week for my fishing shows...
guess I have to see if the website have it...

BigFish
12-04-2006, 04:07 PM
Missed it....when is it on again?:bc:

Squid kids Dad
12-04-2006, 05:37 PM
I looked for ya in the background Larry....:rotf2: Check there web page .I think the shows are listed there

Bronko
12-04-2006, 05:40 PM
I only caught the back half when they were trolling. What were they trolling? I couldn't figure out what it was...

J-Plugs.

tlapinski
12-04-2006, 07:08 PM
It is an old episode. One thing that erks me is how poorly they handle the fish from shore. Triple lindy release technique. :rocketem:

Tidalist
12-04-2006, 08:32 PM
Saw it as well - good episode. I know that FSN airs repeats on Fridays - 1:00PM I think.

nightprowler
12-04-2006, 09:13 PM
It is an old episode. One thing that erks me is how poorly they handle the fish from shore. Triple lindy release technique. :rocketem:

that erks me with a lot of the fishing shows that are on tv. I have been noticing that more and more with all of the shows. i was flipping channels tonight, and came across jimmy houston pike fishing, and he released a fish that was floating, the boat went over it and they cut to a commercial.:huh:

MotoXcowboy
12-05-2006, 01:13 AM
I've seen that re-run about 5times! Yeah I thought the same thing when they where tossing fish into the rocky/shallow water..I think they didnt have waders or something, and didnt wanna get their feet wet! The whole time im thinking wtf, why is being showed on OTW?

Atleast the guy who gets the big one towards the end released his properly..

tper
12-05-2006, 08:23 AM
Did anyone tape the show on stripers at Cutty? I would really like to get a copy of it -- Please PM me if you can make a copy - I will pay shipping and for the CD or VHS -- thanks

Rockport24
12-05-2006, 09:30 AM
I've seen that re-run about 5times! Yeah I thought the same thing when they where tossing fish into the rocky/shallow water..I think they didnt have waders or something, and didnt wanna get their feet wet! The whole time im thinking wtf, why is being showed on OTW?

Atleast the guy who gets the big one towards the end released his properly..

I was thinking the same thing, the water they were throwing them into looked really shallow, and you're right most of them had jeans on, not waders. My wife was watching it with me (she knows very little about fishing) and she saw that and said "doesn't that hurt the fish!!"
Even so, one of the things I like about the OTW show is that they sometimes recognize that not everybody fishes from a boat....

Finaddict
12-05-2006, 09:34 AM
I would like to see that episode ... but as for television fishiing shows abusing fish or not fishing properly, it drives me crazy. Even Mark Sosin when he had a saltwater show on ESPN, he'd keep the fish out of the water way too long in my opinion ...

... as this sets the tone for many newbie fishermen who may not give much thought to proper handling of fish and proper c-n-r techniques ...

... I will say that George Poveromo is always on target with his shows, he does an excellent job, as does Jose Wejebe.

... but if we want it done properly, we need to do our own show:laugha: :cheers:

Adamfishes
12-05-2006, 09:46 AM
In my day there was only one fish who could do a tripple linding he hailed from NJ:)

BigFish
12-05-2006, 09:49 AM
Tred Barta and Charlie Moore need release lessons!!!:hs:

Redsoxticket
12-05-2006, 10:28 AM
What is considered a proper released method after the bass have already been dragged thru the rocks with barbed trebles ?
I also took note of the fish tossing of OTW episode. They could have released differently for TV but in reality there was no harm done considering the size of the bass and there being tossed in water as opposed to a rock.

Bronko
12-05-2006, 11:13 AM

I am going to watch it again to be sure, but the guy who tosses the bass like a horseshoe into a less than a foot water filled with cobblestones is described as a local "cuttyhunk guide."

chief10
12-05-2006, 11:15 AM
I'm watching it now.

Fishpart
12-06-2006, 09:27 AM
Cutty show was good......

Unfortunately I must stop my subscription to OTW and boycott the show because I saw them releasing LIVE bluefish :rocketem: :nailem: on another show....

RIJIMMY
12-06-2006, 12:01 PM
I saw the show a few times and noted the release too. Its hard to judge, I wouldnt release a fish that way.
One fish, Borque looks and says "Thats an 18 lber." I thought it looked more like a 10 lber.

chief10
12-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Cutty show was good......

Unfortunately I must stop my subscription to OTW and boycott the show because I saw them releasing LIVE bluefish :rocketem: :nailem: on another show....

that blue at the end didn't look like it was going to make it back to the water. :behead:

all in all its good to see some surf fishing on the tube. It did seem to me that the trip was scheduled for a boat charter and they added the surf portion.

Krispy
12-06-2006, 12:24 PM
I saw the show a few times and noted the release too. Its hard to judge, I wouldnt release a fish that way.
One fish, Borque looks and says "Thats an 18 lber." I thought it looked more like a 10 lber.
TV adds 10 lbs :hs: