View Full Version : E-Tex spray....Anyone try this?

Ake G
12-05-2006, 03:43 PM
Did an AC Moore paint run today and picked up some Envirotex clear coat spray in a can! Looks great for a thin coat option when Etex lite is more than you need...

Anyone try this?

ProfessorM
12-05-2006, 04:57 PM
U-Pol probably give you the same results too. What is the price and size of can?

EricW
12-05-2006, 05:42 PM
Did an AC Moore paint run today and picked up some Envirotex clear coat spray in a can! Looks great for a thin coat option when Etex lite is more than you need...

Anyone try this?

I have tried it. For me anyway it takes 3 or 4 coats applied thinly. Apply it like you would spray can paint. I think it gives a pretty nice finish. One big thing I noticed is that if it is at all humid outside and I mean just barely you will get a dull finish. A few coats applied later when it is real dry seem to fix that. It is also the most toxic smelling stuff I have ever encountered so I Would say outdoor spraying with a respirator is a must. I believe it is best sprayed when it is 70 out. I think a can is around 10.00

Anyone know where to get Upol. Wanted to try that eventually. Isn't that the stuff made for auto paint applications?
Eric

redneck24
12-06-2006, 06:38 AM
I have tried it. For me anyway it takes 3 or 4 coats applied thinly. Apply it like you would spray can paint. I think it gives a pretty nice finish. One big thing I noticed is that if it is at all humid outside and I mean just barely you will get a dull finish. A few coats applied later when it is real dry seem to fix that. It is also the most toxic smelling stuff I have ever encountered so I Would say outdoor spraying with a respirator is a must. I believe it is best sprayed when it is 70 out. I think a can is around 10.00

Anyone know where to get Upol. Wanted to try that eventually. Isn't that the stuff made for auto paint applications?
Eric

ebay

The Dad Fisherman
12-06-2006, 08:05 AM
I use it for a scuff coat....doesn't hold up as well as an epoxy does.

Ake G
12-06-2006, 10:21 AM
Envirotex Spray 4013 Crystal Clear 12.5 ounce $6.99 @ AC Moore.

Dad and the Erics, at optimum temperature What's the Dry time you've been getting?

The Dad Fisherman
12-06-2006, 10:32 AM
I pretty much do every step on an overnight basis. Scuff coat I let dry until next day

ProfessorM
12-06-2006, 11:24 AM
I use it for a scuff coat....doesn't hold up as well as an epoxy does.

That is what I use it for. It stinks to high heaven too. Don't use it in your house or you will be sorry.
http://www.levineautoparts.com/upclear1uvre.html.

Canalman
12-06-2006, 12:11 PM
Neither of those products are very tough as far as finish goes, but they're great scuff coats.

-Dave