View Full Version : Thread closed? Lame!

Skip N
12-06-2006, 01:36 AM
The SB.com political correctness police have struck again! They start hearing a point of view they dont agree with so they close up the thread. Guess we can't share our thought about Gay marriage around here aye? Or if we do, it better be in favor of it! Or the thread gets closed!

Freakin lame!

Whats truly funny, is that the thread didnt get closed when the likes of Nebe and Raven use the word Fag to describe Gays a couple days ago. But when a legitimate debate gets going the PC police close it up. Must be becasue Nebe and Raven are in the "in" crowd around here, so they are aloud to call Gays Fags and the Bosses let it slide. But when myself and others voice much less harsh view points, we get trashed and and called intollerent. Where is the outrage when Nebe and Raven call Gays fags!?!?! Oh wait, they are allowed too.:smash:

Gotta love "selective" outrage!

This is so lame, the ultimate in double standards.

spence
12-06-2006, 06:32 AM
Actually I think Raven was slapped all around for his posts.

Nebe, well...nobody really cares about his posts anyway :hee: :happy:

Start a new thread in the politico forum then...so I can nuke it :devil:

-spence

JohnR
12-06-2006, 07:10 AM
The SB.com political correctness police have struck again! They start hearing a point of view they dont agree with so they close up the thread. This is so lame, the ultimate in double standards.

Actually, the SB Political Correctness Police (from here on known as the SBPCP) closed it because it was getting stupid on many levels, not just yours. If it was about hearing a point of view, yours, that some of us don't agree with a lot more threads would be shut down. So unfortunately you can't use your views as a benchmark for things getting shut down by the SBPCP.

Don't assume that you are so righteous that you are the reason it was shut down. It's not always about you Skippy.

Now Skip, if you chose to debate the issue in the Poli forum and bring some facts to the table then you can discuss the issue.

Sincerely
Chief Censor
SBPCP

Slipknot
12-06-2006, 07:11 AM
The SB.com political correctness police have struck again! They start hearing a point of view they dont agree with so they close up the thread. Guess we can't share our thought about Gay marriage around here aye? Or if we do, it better be in favor of it! Or the thread gets closed!

Freakin lame!

Whats truly funny, is that the thread didnt get closed when the likes of Nebe and Raven use the word Fag to describe Gays a couple days ago. But when a legitimate debate gets going the PC police close it up. Must be becasue Nebe and Raven are in the "in" crowd around here, so they are aloud to call Gays Fags and the Bosses let it slide. But when myself and others voice much less harsh view points, we get trashed and and called intollerent. Where is the outrage when Nebe and Raven call Gays fags!?!?! Oh wait, they are allowed too.:smash:

Gotta love "selective" outrage!

Skip, get a life
I didn't even read that whole thread and political correctness had nothing to do with closing it so go ahead and ask John to open it again if he wants to, instead of blasting the moderators for doing a thankless job. The pictures posted at the end were not neccessary , you guys want to do that crap, do it on another forum. thanks:bshake: Not everyone has jobs where we can sit all day on internet sites and spend hours moderating posts in order to keep threads open, sometimes closing them is quicker. go back to the politics forum and talk about gay marriage all you want. Criticize yourself once in a while, you sound like a whiner.

fishpoopoo
12-06-2006, 08:06 AM
The SB.com political correctness police have struck again! ...

Skip, just my $0.02.

These kinds of discussions (political, religious, sexual orientation, etc) should be in the political forum, not here in the scuppers, and I think that's what the moderators are trying to say here.

These topics are almost always divisive and make the Scuppers a less than happy place. I'd just as sooon look at pictures of hot lesbians kissing, licking and slurping rather than listen to the heated the back-and-forth of non-fishing related vexatious online exchange.

While I don't disagree that Larry's post would ultimately veer in a political direction, I think it was wise to lock down that thread. Might not have been a bad idea just to move it.

In any event, why don't you start a new thread on the topic in the political forum?

It's not super easy to find, so I've posted the link here for you:

http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66

BigFish
12-06-2006, 08:16 AM
Bassturbed is right! I already apologized to John for my mistake of starting that thread...it was innocuous in its inception and I should have known that the children must play.....some people always have an agenda!

I love Slip....right to the nitty gritty!:btu:

Mike P
12-06-2006, 08:39 AM
You'd think that a guy with such strong conservative values would recognize the fact that SB.com is the personal and intellectual property of John and that it's his call on what constitutes appropriate conduct.

One would also think that one of that mindset would recognize that the first amendment applies to government censorship of thought and speech, and not to a private person's opinion of what constitutes appropriate speech on his property ;)

JohnR
12-06-2006, 09:07 AM
You'd think that a guy with such strong conservative values would recognize the fact that SB.com is the personal and intellectual property of John and that it's his call on what constitutes appropriate conduct.

One would also think that one of that mindset would recognize that the first amendment applies to government censorship of thought and speech, and not to a private person's opinion of what constitutes appropriate speech on his property ;)

Though contrary to popular belief we shut down far less threads than we probably should. Especially WeeWee's threads...

Bronko
12-06-2006, 09:16 AM
Lock it up! :laugha: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IpHHtl8gC4

The Dad Fisherman
12-06-2006, 09:35 AM
Sorry Guys, I should have bowed out earlier on it instead of keeping it going. My Apologies.

spence
12-06-2006, 09:42 AM
I'm make that, a guy who thinks he has such strong conservative values ;)

-spence

Mr.Mom
12-06-2006, 09:58 AM
Will somebody please post some Lesbian pics......

BrianS
12-06-2006, 10:03 AM
The thread had to be closed
There was grave danger of "the gay" spreading....

It must be contained!

*sigh*

spence
12-06-2006, 10:16 AM
There was grave danger of "the gay" spreading....
I think a little leaked out...I just ordered a dozen premium suit hangers to spruce up my closet :blush:

-spence

Skip N
12-06-2006, 10:43 AM
Skip, get a life
I didn't even read that whole thread and political correctness had nothing to do with closing it so go ahead and ask John to open it again if he wants to, instead of blasting the moderators for doing a thankless job. The pictures posted at the end were not neccessary , you guys want to do that crap, do it on another forum. thanks:bshake: Not everyone has jobs where we can sit all day on internet sites and spend hours moderating posts in order to keep threads open, sometimes closing them is quicker. go back to the politics forum and talk about gay marriage all you want. Criticize yourself once in a while, you sound like a whiner.

The guy with 8000 posts is telling me to get a life!? Now thats funny! :laugha:

But seriously guys, lighten up!! You know i love to be a balll buster and call out things that seem a little hypocrytical. And knowone can argue my point about the Mods letting the Fag references be thrown around in obvious hate talk. If any reason a thread should be closed, its from guys like Nebe and Raven calling gays fags. Hell even i dont use those terms, and i dont support all that gay lifestyle stuff.

And who really carew where the hell that topic was debated? Scuppers or the Political forum, like it makes any difference!

Skip N
12-06-2006, 10:48 AM
Now Skip, if you chose to debate the issue in the Poli forum and bring some facts to the table then you can discuss the issue.

Sincerely
Chief Censor
SBPCP

Actually, the facts i brought to the table proved TDF to be wrong. So i did my fact checking. :bl:

fishpoopoo
12-06-2006, 10:59 AM
Scuppers or the Political forum, like it makes any difference!

Skip, it does to me (and likely others) because I would like to see political discussions and the like isolated from the rest of the s-b forums. Less clutter and less aggravation.

likwid
12-06-2006, 11:00 AM
If you want to be shocked and offended go watch this movie:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0290673/

striperman36
12-06-2006, 11:16 AM
This is a place about bass and fishing. Politics as pertaining to fishing only!!!

RIJIMMY
12-06-2006, 11:27 AM
:cputin: get back to work.....

Skip N
12-06-2006, 01:31 PM
If you want to be shocked and offended go watch this movie:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0290673/

That from your personal video collection? :err:

JohnR
12-06-2006, 01:59 PM
I forgot to post this earlier

But seriously guys, lighten up!! You know i love to be a balll buster and call out things that seem a little hypocrytical. And knowone can argue my point about the Mods letting the Fag references be thrown around in obvious hate talk. If any reason a thread should be closed, its from guys like Nebe and Raven calling gays fags. Hell even i dont use those terms, and i dont support all that gay lifestyle stuff.

And who really carew where the hell that topic was debated? Scuppers or the Political forum, like it makes any difference!

None of us have the time to sit on each individual thread and act as a tennis judge. I was not following that thread until I chimed in on it - I probably would have pulled that thread earlier had I seen some of it. However, when something approaching a sense of Cumbaya had been achieved I let it stay becuase it was - at times - good and interesting discussion.

Actually, the facts i brought to the table proved TDF to be wrong. So i did my fact checking. :bl:

Some places require sources when posting facts in debate - but that would be too much of a pain...

Canalman
12-06-2006, 02:51 PM

Cop out :cheers:

chris L
12-06-2006, 04:00 PM
a big discussion on gays . good luck to you all !

A bundle of sticks !?

likwid
12-06-2006, 05:36 PM
That from your personal video collection? :err:

Its a good movie until the end.
But at 3:30am when you're watching the end, you can't turn it off for some reason.

Swimmer
12-06-2006, 09:25 PM
Any movie with Monica Belucci in it is O.K. whatever the subject content.

tattoobob
12-06-2006, 10:25 PM
"Tolerance" that's all I have to say

Raven
12-07-2006, 06:39 AM
.http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/ravenob1/golden1.jpg

JohnR
12-07-2006, 06:43 AM
Hey Raven - what's that ruffling the surface in that pic at the end of a medium cast?

UserRemoved1
12-07-2006, 06:46 AM
John it looks like the guy is standing there watching breaking fish...saying to himself

"WTF I drove 200 miles and forgot my rods and lookit the damn fish breaking":hee:

fishsmith
12-07-2006, 08:18 AM
looks more like he's holding a roach after a big hit :smokin: .

Karl F
12-07-2006, 08:21 AM
caption could read.. "It was.. this big"

BigFish
12-07-2006, 08:31 AM
Or it could read..."Thats the last time I post on one of BigFish's threads...stupid computer!".:laughs: :bl: :bsod: