View Full Version : Man that wood stove feels good!

Swimmer
12-08-2006, 05:59 PM
All the cutting, splitting, stacking, more stacking, and cleaning up is all worth it when the weather turns this chilly. Just finished dumping wood where I'll finish stacking the six or seven cords I split earlier this year. A friend of mine let me use his Kubota tractor, whcih has a 1/2 yard scoop and a backhoe on it to get the wood from where I split it to where it is stacked for future use. Back gets a little sore from all the bending this way and that, but when your sitting in front of the tube with the stove going, well little else needs to be said. Merry Christmas everyone.

UserRemoved1
12-08-2006, 06:52 PM
i laughed today when I walked out back and there was 5 brazilians in the back of a dump truck with sledge hammers trying to get something out of the body that was froze solid. They were there for about 2 hours.
unreal.
Cooooooooold today I was sposed to be up in Maine on a tower job but the pilot couldn't fly with the wx up there so thanks God we cancelled.

missing link
12-08-2006, 07:37 PM
I know what you mean, nothing like wood heat. I'm feelin it now, wood stove crankin!!
Link:jump1:

tynan19
12-08-2006, 11:29 PM
Oh yeah. Love those branches. My 3 year old is out there saying see daddy wear those lines are curved that is why you need the wedge. No %$%$%$%$! Damn good feeling when it heats the whole house.

vineyardblues
12-08-2006, 11:59 PM
Mr bugger, How is dad doing ?
Send them a Merry X-mass please
VB

Bigcat
12-09-2006, 06:37 AM
Stove is cranking, and it feels great:btu:

sok
12-09-2006, 08:12 PM
I worked outside for 10-12 years.
Nothing better than a real fire afterwards.
Lived in a condo with a fireplace for three years.