View Full Version : speaking of insurance ... for the new truck

MikeTLive
12-10-2006, 12:07 PM
as many of you know I was in market for a new truck.
I found one that fit all my needs. - a few years old and low miles to keep it under BtoB warranty. 4dr, short bed,
blah blah - look for the old post. :)
its a 2005Ram1500QuadSLT. dom=12/2004, purch 1/2005.
I bought it outright. (no payments). about 20K.
I could trade it in and get more than that towards a 2007 if I want to.

Title is in the mail and now I need to insure it.

for years I have been bombarded with ads from gieco, allstate, progressive... and NONE of them sell to MA.

I want to get an anonymous ballpark idea for insuring my truck to cover complete replacement of it. and the minimums for everything else.
any ideas?
what are *you* paying?

Karl F
12-10-2006, 04:19 PM
MA insurance is state regulated, call an agent Monday AM, the qoute you get from that agent, will be the same, if you call another.
You say replacement cost.. Ins. companys in MA insure for ACV.. (actual cash value), less your deductable, unless you insure for a "Stated Amount".. and that will cost you more $$$.
Cost will also fluctuate depending on your driving record in this State, your points will dictate that.

Hey :D.. Nice Truck, good luck, and enjoy :D

I have talked to friends and relatives that live in States that Geico, etc. sell in.. and they are not too happy with them.. NJ has the highest auto rates in the US.. but they all sell there.
Our insurance system is far from perfect, not saying different, but, there are places that are worse.

Squid kids Dad
12-10-2006, 04:29 PM
Very good answer..Right on un fortunaely

Swimmer
12-10-2006, 04:33 PM
the other insurance companies dont sell here because they dont have a main office here. Companies that are unwilling to have offices in Mass are not allowed to sell insurance, (and this is where the savings occur for you, no office no overhead) here. Reason why is much the same as many other post and rants in regard to other topics here and that is no one to talk too or bitch too when you have a problem. It woud be easy to sell insurance over the phone and it is just as easy to dictate to you as well, which is what those companies like Geico can and most likely do. If you have a crash they send an appraiser that works from a pool and not directly for Geico. It may work some places I dont know. Might even work here, who knows.