View Full Version : Striper's in Warwick

warwick_bass'n
06-19-2002, 03:22 PM
hey all, well the fishing has been good in the Warwick area. It's been mostly schoolies lately but man are they fun on light tackle. here's a picture of sunrise this morning to wet everyone's appitite for fishing before work...

http://striped-bass.com/images/warbassn_egcove.jpg

Saltheart
06-19-2002, 03:58 PM
Welcome to the board warwick-bass'n

STRIPER77
06-19-2002, 04:02 PM
Welcome a-board warwick-bass'n. Real nice photo--Watch out Fish_Eye !!:laughs:

Clammer
06-19-2002, 04:49 PM
Looks like the back of E/G cove or Greens river
nuce shot///////////////////////

Jenn
06-19-2002, 08:54 PM
nuce shot??????? too many clams for the digger! HA!HA!

perty......:D

Clammer
06-19-2002, 08:57 PM
JEnn ,you be careful girl ///////////////
Where you been this season ??
YOu no like our company???

Jenn
06-19-2002, 09:24 PM
clammer you know I luv ya.......just havent been able to get out to the ocean!!!!!!! I have been hitting the freshwater pretty hard though...its been good for me..........well....with tonites exception!!!:mad: but for the most part I just needed to fish! so I made a decision that I was going to do as much as possible this year.......salt or no salt.....but I needed to!!!! (crazy???? yup!) and since I dont live close enough to the salt to go after work.....I made some adjustments!

believe it or not I miss ya bud! you have a knack for lifting my spirits!!!!!! we need to fish!;)

Clammer
06-20-2002, 07:47 AM
Jenn, I agree & understand////////////

You know what your missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;) :p ;) :p ;) :p ;) ;) :p :p :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

warwick_bass'n
06-20-2002, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. The picture is actually in my back yard which is appanaug cove. Last night we hit it and caught one small bass. It seems to be slowing down. Although a blue and silver plastic minnow seems to still be the magic pill.

Hey Jenn, it doesn't matter is it's salt or fresh. I live on the cove and still fish fresh water 50% of the time.

Thanks again for the warm welcome gang and keep your tips up!

JohnR
06-20-2002, 09:12 AM
Warbass'n, I'm across EGBay at the beginning of the Neck (not the end shucks darn) - welcome to the site...

warwick_bass'n
06-20-2002, 09:16 AM
A buddy of mine caught a 25# bass at the end of Nausaucket (sp?) rd. last week. How has the bass'n been on the neck? Can you walk through the light house property out there?

JohnR
06-20-2002, 10:13 AM
No walking out there - even to the point that one fella claims he'll protect his property with his gun...

Apparently there is supposed to be a right of way there but it has been, uhh, assimilated into another property :af:

That area would be good, maybe even on par with So County but there is zero access. If I hit the big one, I wouldn't buy there unless forced to live in Warwick :D - I'd go next to the ocean and not in the bay ;)