View Full Version : A seemingly easy task ... help

Finaddict
12-24-2006, 12:26 AM
Okay guys, I was hoping one you might have some insight on something that should be very easy ... we have a Maytag refrigerator, that has the freezer on the top ...

...both light bulbs in the main cabin or refrigerator section went out ... they are located right on the top of the inside of the refrigerator when you open the door, right up front.

They have a plastic gasket over each one ... and there is no definable way to pop it out ... I don't want to break it and the lightbulb itself is on very, very tight, I have been able to sneak a couple of my fingers through so I can grab the bulb, but cannot turn it ...

... any thoughts? Thanks for the help. :huh:

Finaddict
12-24-2006, 12:30 AM
p.s. - The manual says nothing and I cannot find anything online ... again, replacing a lightbulb is not hard, and it should be easy ... but I don't want to break anything, especially the bulb leaving the stem in the socket ... thanks for any advice you can provide ...

Raven
12-24-2006, 07:00 AM
when bulbs get broken is to shove a piece of potatoe over the stem which allows you to turn it

UserRemoved1
12-24-2006, 07:27 AM
i think you should put this in the GOP forum :) Those things are sometimes tough, but raven is right a potatoe works good, just make sure you unplug the thing first.
If you can't get it out then break the thing with a bag under it and when you get to the base a pair of needlenose pliers can be used to gently turn the base kinda like an inside spanner wrench.

REMEMBER TO UNPLUG IT FIRST :EEK:

Finaddict
12-24-2006, 01:03 PM
Thanks guys ... yes ... unplugging is a good idea ... cheers