View Full Version : WHY

UserRemoved1
12-26-2006, 09:02 AM
Do I always get so sick either on Thanksgiving or Xmas that I want to curl up and die

7 freakin pounds gone in 24 hours
:yak::yak::yak::yak::yak::yak::yak::yak::yak::yak: :yak::yak:

3 years in a row now. :smash:

luds
12-26-2006, 09:08 AM
stress of the holiday. no rest. for me the holiday weekend means increased hours in the days leading up to the extra day off. then you pile on christmas preperation and constant commuting between christmas events. again, no time to rest. oh, and then throw alot of booooooz into the mix.

Sluggoslinger
12-26-2006, 09:44 AM
Maybe you eat some food that you only eat once a year and you have a allergy you never knew of.

Raven
12-26-2006, 10:31 AM
Maybe you eat some food that you only eat once a year and you have a allergy you never knew of.

stress of the holiday. no rest. for me the holiday weekend means increased hours in the days leading up to the extra day off. then you pile on christmas preperation and constant commuting between christmas events. again, no time to rest. oh, and then throw alot of booooooz into the mix.

a mystery you say salty....i think not!
lets examine the evidence...
expertly listed by sluggoslinger and luds48

1.)eating something just on the holidays-> result -> food allergy
2.)increased hours, plus, no rest ,plus Stress =a lowered imune
system which would put you out in the public inhaling the flu bug
in that condition while shopping for Christmas, THAT would be considered a common denominator
3.)ALCOHOL.... consumption

here's the proof
Overdosing on sugar !!
Eating or drinking 100 grams (8 tbsp.) of sugar, the equivalent of one 12-ounce can of soda, can reduce the ability of white blood cells to kill germs by forty percent. The immune-suppressing effect of sugar starts less than thirty minutes after ingestion and may last for five hours. In contrast, the ingestion of complex carbohydrates, or starches, has no effect on the immune system.
2. Excess alcohol
Excessive alcohol intake can harm the body's immune system in two ways. First, it produces an overall nutritional deficiency, depriving the body of valuable immune- boosting nutrients. Second, alcohol, like sugar, consumed in excess can reduce the ability of white cells to kill germs. High doses of alcohol suppress the ability of the white blood cells to multiply, inhibit the action of killer white cells on cancer cells, and lessen the ability of macrophages to produce tumour necrosis factors. One drink (the equivalent of 12 ounces of beer, 5 ounces of wine, or 1 ounces of hard liquor) does not appear to bother the immune system, but three or more drinks do. Damage to the immune system increases in proportion to the quantity of alcohol consumed. Amounts of alcohol that are enough to cause intoxication are also enough to suppress immunity.

so we have you out in the public shopping ...with an imune system
that is close to 60% suppressed by sugar and alcohol combined with the lack of sleep and the stress of the holidays...

the chances of you inhaling the flu bug is at high risk.

maybe you didnt get a flu shot? i didnt either...
you probably dont take echinacea or other herbs to stimulate your imune system... or extra vitamin C maybe...
i do! and i still caught a cold... luckily no yakin..:yak: phew.

ANYWAYS next year.....
dont drink...as much !
shop online !!
watch your sugar intake
beef up your imune system
and do everything different
than the LAST THREE YEARS!

i hope ya feel better soon:rtfm:

UserRemoved1
12-26-2006, 04:38 PM
I went to one store 3 days before :yak:

I never drank anything :yak:

I felt like crap before I ate :yak:

Every muscle in my body hurts right now. :yak:

I didn't even open a single xmas present yet :yak:

I missed all my kids opening their presents. :yak:

Man whatever this thing was wiped me on my butt. I spent the day on the couch again today. Literally no energy and this pressure behind my eyes feels like someone is stepping on them. I never ran a temp at all but my body hasn't been able to regulate it's own temp since it started. I put a sweater on cuz I'm cold, then rip it off 3 minutes later when I start sweating.

Merry Grumpness :yak:

MAC
12-26-2006, 06:40 PM
It ain't menopause is it? :hidin:

Sorry, couldn't resist. Hope ya feel better. The flu bug is going around pretty good. Usually doesn't hit you until 4 or 5 days after exposure. My wife has been sick for the better part of 2 weeks with it.

I've been lucky so far as I am on antibiotics for an infection that set in after I decided to try self surgery last thursday.:wall: I guess I should have cleaned the knife with alcohol first.:uhoh: Spent 2 hrs Sat. getting an IV then 2 hrs Sun. getting one. Now it's 500 mg every 6 hrs for the remainder of 10 days. Next time I'll leave the cutting to the doctors.

Get well soon. The flu suks.

BigFish
12-26-2006, 07:19 PM
MAC....you peaked my curiosity? What were you working on?:bl:

Karl F
12-26-2006, 07:48 PM
ah..MAC... home surgery, nuttin like it.. and yeah a little alcohol on the blade, and internal is the only way ta go ;).....

Scott.. I hope ya feel better soon.. and meybe it is holiday stress and strain, if it always seems to hit you on the holidays.. :huh:.. could be.. the brain runs the whole show, and if the stress is the trigger.. it could well be.

Slingah
12-26-2006, 09:05 PM
hope ya fell better Salty.....that's a bummer