View Full Version : Any Locksmiths out there

tattoobob
12-28-2006, 06:09 PM
I am in need to recore my locks in my home, we have Best Locks
Billerica is having a problem with break ins, We are missing a couple of spare keys, and I don't want to have a problem. Best locks are the beast out there now a days so I want to keep them, the old owner was a sales rep. for Best Lock so he never had a problem getting the serviced.

bourque
12-28-2006, 09:24 PM
you should have a control key, that takes the core out of the cylinder. if you do, take it out and bring it to a locksmith, and they can rekey it. if you do not have a control key, bring the cylinder in and they can give you another brand, like arrow, eagle, medico....bourque

bourque
12-28-2006, 09:30 PM
i forgot to ask, who was it.(first name) i buy from best, best just moved to wobon, ma. i think that is how they spell it, i do that lock work at umass dartmouth, housing....bourque

mikecc
12-28-2006, 09:33 PM
Don't want to steal the post but welcome aboard Bourque.

bourque
12-28-2006, 09:36 PM
hi mike, i might get some wood sat....burkie

Squid kids Dad
12-28-2006, 09:40 PM
I agree with bourque

tattoobob
12-28-2006, 09:48 PM
I don't have a control key, (I don't know what one is) I guess I will call a locksmith in my area and take the cores in, will they have a control key?

bourque
12-28-2006, 10:09 PM
when you put the control key in the core, that is the part that turns, the core would come out, that is a control key. its hard to explane, anyway if you are in the boston area, it will be big bucks, to have a lock guy come to your house, bring it to them....burkie

tattoobob
12-28-2006, 10:24 PM
My wife just told me she knows the locksmith at her work and I grew up with his cousin Rhonda, So my wife is going to talk to him tomorrow.

We haven't locked our doors in over 25yrs. now this stupid a F'n drug addicts, The Police called us and told us to start making sure all the doors and windows were locked. I locked myself out today :eek:

bourque
12-28-2006, 10:39 PM
i do the lock work at umass dartmouth, dorms, and we have best locks, do you have a deadbolt, if you do, you need a rim cylinder. if it is in the doorknob, then it has he be drilled out. it also could be a mortise lock, and all you would need is a cylinder, plus the core. one question, you did not lock the doors, because they don't work, or do you need more keys? burkie

tattoobob
12-28-2006, 11:41 PM
I have 3 Doorknobs and 2 dead bolts,

they didn't get locked because we are trusting. and maybe lazy
the problem is to many keys out there for this house alot are
missing and I don't know who has what and where they are.
I am thinking of just going and either taking them out and bringing
them to a locksmith, or just buy new replacements with matching
keys. what ever is cheaper, I knew from work that these would be a
problem when we bought the house 4.5 yrs. ago. I may try to
contact the previous owner. Best Lock Sales Rep.

bourque
12-29-2006, 01:31 PM
i have been on vaction this week, but i just got called in to work, the phone number for best is 17814496900 , and see if you get anywere. what was the guys name, maybe i know him...bob