View Full Version : Week on Boston Harbor!!!

Fisherwoman
06-22-2002, 09:28 AM
What a great week we had with my mom and dad. Got a lot of nice bass, saw some amazing sites as the fish were on the feedbag BIGTIME. They are on there way home to PA. I am so thankful that I had this great time to spend with them. I am headed to the couch for some well needed healing time. We couldn't have had better weather or better fishing.

Yesterday were went out again to find that huge school of fish, but they were not to be found yesterday. I think they may have moved North as when we had them the day before they were on the move and we ended up chasing them almost to Marblehead.

More fish are still coming thru though, and all the fish have really been covered with sea lice. There is also alot of heering out there and some mac's but the mac's are definatley thinning out. The fish this year are very healthy and very heavy.

Have to take a break for the next couple of days, so we won't be out over the weekend. I hope you all do well and get into some nice school's that have been coming thru. Keep in touch out there and help each other out, it will make your day more fulfilling.

Van good to see you yesterday at the dock. Hope you got into a few last night.

JohnR, I am sending you some pictures from the week. I f you get a chance will you please post them and add them to our web page. Thank You, hope you are doing Ok. Need to get you and Gwen out on the water for a day of therapy.

Got Stripers
06-22-2002, 09:31 AM
You know the fishing has been good, when you have to take the WEEKEND OFF to mend, glad things worked out well for your parents visit.

Fisherwoman
06-22-2002, 09:43 AM
You got that right GS, body is beat up badly. Need to take a break. Hope you get out there on the water this weekend. Hope things are going better for you. By the way we used some of those long curly tail smoke & white rubba's on chartrues jigs and did some wire line jiggin, we hammered the bass on them. Needless to say we only got a couple of fish before the tail was ripped to crap if that is any indication of the fish we were catching!!! It worked awesome!!! Gotto go take a nap man. Hope to hook up with ya out there soon.

Brooksie
06-22-2002, 11:21 AM
I went on a Charter 6-20 and it was a good evening, our biggest catch was 34", We caught about 7 keepers and a ton of schoolies. Being a shore fisher this was great. I need a boat! Better yet, I need one of my buddies to get a boat.;)

Fisherwoman
06-22-2002, 05:43 PM
Congradulations Brooksie, glad you got into some of those fish.

Van
06-23-2002, 09:19 AM
FW:
Nice to see you also. I took the kids towards Boston harbor friday night for tubin' wormin' but the wind was howling. We ended up near thompsons but got skunked.
Went out Saturday with my son and we did OK, with a few shorts and one fat 30". I posted his pic last night
"13 yr. old out-fishes his dad".
He is really getting good, i have to watch my back. LOL:D

Taking today of yard work and so forth, I might get a day again this week. Hope the weather cooperates.

;)

Fisherwoman
06-23-2002, 02:26 PM
Hey Van, Good for your son, he looks like a pretty happy camper in the pic. He will get better, you better watch yourself. LOL

schoolie monster
06-24-2002, 09:58 AM
FW, I hear you on the quality family, made especially clear by the recent hardships of our friends here on the board. My dad and I had a great time last weekend... how can you possibly spend better time together than being out there fishin'. I really enjoy the look of life-long freshwater anglers when they hook into a hot fish. I still probably have that look.

Wish I had seen some of those schools of large, but never quite worked out for me... but I'm not complaining... not giving up either, but I gotta a little twinge thinkin' about what woulda, coulda happened.

Anyway, I now know why I couldn't raise the Alternative on the radio on sunday. Hope you enjoyed your break (I feel one coming on).

Van, I thought I caught some radio traffic mentioning the Karavi on Sat... I recognized the name of the boat, but wasn't sure of the who. After a couple days of monitoring, I'm starting get a handle of the boats using 69. Sounded like things were tough outside this weekend. Slow was a common adjective.

I was way inside Sat. trying to get away from traffic and salvage my day with some schoolies. Will post report.

Van
06-24-2002, 10:12 AM
Boat name is correct, and I was hailing for a bit.
I did get ahold of Mike B on Ave' Maria. Talked to him a bit before I hit the throttle. I turned it on occasionally during the day.
Hailing MSBA or SB....

Next time.
How did you make out?? Let me know.

I did only fair with some shorts and one keeper my son got.
Posted his pic in stripertalk.

later.

JohnR
06-26-2002, 09:06 PM
Here are FW's pictures from the week (FW, I took the liberty of adjusting the color a little) :

http://striped-bass.com/images/bc/bostonlight1.jpg

http://striped-bass.com/images/bc/graveslight1.jpg

http://striped-bass.com/images/bc/momsbigbass1.jpg

http://striped-bass.com/images/bc/dadsbigbass1.jpg

Fisherwoman
06-27-2002, 08:15 AM
Thanks JohnR, appreciate that. I had to adjust the color in that top photo too when I blew it up for mom. How are you doing?
Missed ya last night at the meeting.

JohnR
06-27-2002, 08:39 AM
Doing OK... I was hoping to go to the meeting but between lack of sleep Tuesday and being pretty bummed out yesterday (would have been my dad's 60th birthday I realized in the afternoon) plus the train breaking down on the way to the garage, I just had to go home. Only wound up doing work for the main job anyways :af: ...

(I really need to become independently wealthy :smash: :smash: - this "work" thing sucks)

schoolie monster
06-27-2002, 09:11 AM
JR, keep your head up, play with the kid for awhile... best therapy around. Just for a few hours, put yourself inside their head... no worries, no responsibilities... oh, daddy's here... play, play, play.

Generally works for me.

FW, you're killin' me with those fish. The 'rents must have been freakin' out. Good shots. 99% of people probably go thru their whole lives without catchin' a sunrise out on the water. One of my favorite things.

You guys ever shoot any video of those fish? Dad got a couple really cool ones of sailboats off Boston Light in thick fog. He only sent me fish pictures, so I'll get that one up when he sends it.

Fisherwoman
06-28-2002, 08:43 AM
JohnR, Hang in there buddy, time heals alot, but it dowa take time!!!. I think I need to take you out for some Aqua therapy to help you out. Goin to be available any time soon??????

SM, I love taking sunrise shots. I took a couple more that morning that came out fantastic, But I didn't want to bore anybody. Mom and dad had a great time. I think we couldn't have timed it better if we tried. But it all worked out awesome. Those shots of your dad and you came out great too. Was glad to finally meet him.