View Full Version : And with the 1st pick in the 2007 NFL draft

Raider Ronnie
12-31-2006, 05:03 PM
My team is on the board with the #1 pick :hidin: :hidin: :hidin:
What a misrable season !!!, thank god it's over !

Squid kids Dad
12-31-2006, 05:21 PM
God help the Raiders.....:rolleyes:

Raider Ronnie
12-31-2006, 05:30 PM
God help the Raiders.....:rolleyes:

I don't know about god!
Satan help the Raiders is more our style !

JohnR
12-31-2006, 05:46 PM
I don't know about god!
Satan help the Raiders is more our style !

Looks like Satan has been at the helm for a while - hence the high s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&ess factor :laughs: :splat: :liquify:

chief10
12-31-2006, 06:27 PM
Mike Tyson would fit right in with the face tattoo and his IQ.

ProfessorM
12-31-2006, 08:02 PM
Time for Al to step down he is a dinosaur.

Squid kids Dad
12-31-2006, 08:04 PM
I would have to agree...:kewl:

Raider Ronnie
12-31-2006, 08:12 PM
Time for Al to step down he is a dinosaur.

I agree also !
He's the reason Jon Gruden left and no other decent coach wants the job of coaching them !

The Dad Fisherman
12-31-2006, 10:20 PM
I heard thier Scouts have already been checking the Up-Coming Work Release programs and Out Patient Rosters from the Local Clinics so they'll be well informed when they have to make that pick. :hee:

Mike P
01-01-2007, 10:14 AM
Are you guys going to waste it on a typical, overhyped Notre Dame QB?

I'd take Brady Quinn only if I could be sure that Weis comes as part of the package ;)

Raider Ronnie
01-01-2007, 10:54 AM
Are you guys going to waste it on a typical, overhyped Notre Dame QB?

I'd take Brady Quinn only if I could be sure that Weis comes as part of the package ;)

I agree ! Don't want Quinn
We should have taken Matt Lainart,
But F***ing Al Davis thinks guys with big strong arms are the way to go and look where that has got us !!!
Rich Gannon didn't exactly have the strongest arm!!! but he was a winner and Leinart has the same quallities!
I'll bet money, when Dallas releases Drew Bledsoe, he will be on the next plane to Oalkand to meet with Al and sign a contract !!!
I hate to admit it, but the only way my team will make any changes and start to get better is if Al Davis dies, so hopefully his day is coming soon.
After the last few years I know how Pats fans felt all the years when the Sullivans owned the Pats !!!

"uffah!!"
01-01-2007, 01:18 PM
It seems that to have a GOOD team, you have to have shallow pockets. These new players all want multi-million dollar contracts. Pretty soon, they'll price themselfs out of the sport!!! JMO!!

riverrat55
01-01-2007, 06:18 PM
Raiders need more then a #1 pick!!!
They need, Well they need EVERYTHING!!!
LOL'S!!!!!!!!!!

Raider Ronnie
01-01-2007, 09:01 PM
Raiders need more then a #1 pick!!!
They need, Well they need EVERYTHING!!!
LOL'S!!!!!!!!!!

No,
We had a pretty good defense , Ranked # 3 (may have been even better if the offense could have put drives together once in a while so the defense could rest )
We need lots of help on offense , a head cach , and new owner, and some scouts who can find talent!

BigFish
01-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Yeah....Raiders don't need much! They should just move again and leave the team behind and start fresh!:hihi:

Raider Ronnie
01-01-2007, 09:58 PM
Yeah....Raiders don't need much! They should just move again and leave the team behind and start fresh!:hihi:

Go look at the stats on nfl.com #^&#^&#^&#^&head !!!
Raiders defense # 3 and on the field most of the game because the offense is so bad !!!
Pats # 6

The Dad Fisherman
01-02-2007, 08:28 AM
Go look at the stats on nfl.com #^&#^&#^&#^&head !!!
Raiders defense # 3 and on the field most of the game because the offense is so bad !!!
Pats # 6

Thats Total Yardage, but in Points allowed the Pats are #2 behind only Baltimore.....the Raiders are #18 in that respect

and the Raiders were only on the Field, on average, 2.25 plays per game more than the Pats.....not a huge Differential

beamie
01-02-2007, 11:49 AM
I'll bet money, when Dallas releases Drew Bledsoe, he will be on the next plane to Oalkand to meet with Al and sign a contract !!!

Ronnie, Getting Bledsoe would be the best thing Oakland could do. Surely a great QB would then follow shortly after Drew collaspses.

BigFish
01-02-2007, 03:57 PM
I would give my left testicle to see Drew in Oakland!!!:bl:

Ronnie....you sound so....bitter and angry?:bsod:

Raider Ronnie
01-02-2007, 06:25 PM
I would give my left testicle to see Drew in Oakland!!!:bl:

Ronnie....you sound so....bitter and angry?:bsod:

Look who's calling the kettle black !!!:biglaugh:
Go back to bitching in the Grumpy Old Farts forum !!!

Raider Ronnie
01-02-2007, 06:29 PM
[QUOTE=The Dad Fisherman;446781]Thats Total Yardage, but in Points allowed the Pats are #2 behind only Baltimore.....the Raiders are #18 in that respect

Look at all the defensive stats and they were a very good defense , especially against the pass, and thats where all the high draft picks have been going for quite a few years!

BigFish
01-02-2007, 06:31 PM
Ron....you have become a bitter young man!:rotfl: :laughs: :bl:

Raider Ronnie
01-02-2007, 10:56 PM
Ron....you have become a bitter young man!:rotfl: :laughs: :bl:

Not at all Larry!
I just love messing with you !!!:uhuh:

BigFish
01-02-2007, 10:57 PM
Have not seen you in awhile? Hope all is well!:kewl: Maybe the next MSBA meeting?

Squid kids Dad
01-02-2007, 11:21 PM
:hidin:

riverrat55
01-03-2007, 09:41 PM
I thought the Raiders would have gotten better when the PATS gave them GABRIEL back, but in his 1st game as a RAIDER he comitted a BONEHEAD play, which did not endear him to well to the owner Al Davis!!!
As davis said, "Maybe that is why the PATRIOTS got rid of him?"LOL's

boot man
01-04-2007, 07:46 AM
SOUTH BEND, IN--Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn threw for 315 yards in a win against UCLA on Saturday, culminating in a 45-yard touchdown pass with 30 seconds left to give his team the victory. His performance was witnessed by a handful of NFL scouts, including one from the Oakland Raiders, who are considered favorites to draft Quinn. After the game, Quinn assured the Raiders scout that he's not that good.

“I’m actually pretty overrated,” Quinn told the scout, Ray McCloughan. “You hear a lot about me being this golden boy quarterback, but it’s really just a bunch of media hype. It’s all part of the pro- Notre Dame bias that’s so prevalent in the media. If I’m Oakland, I’m drafting Troy Smith. He can beat you in so many different ways. He’s not a one trick pony like me. Also, if they pick me I'll refuse to sign with them. So there’s two strikes against me right there.”

McCloughan disagreed with Quinn’s assessment, and said the Raiders would love to have a player of his caliber on the team.

“Obviously any team would love to have a player like Brady Quinn,” said McCloughan. “We haven’t made any decisions on who we’re going to draft, but I have to say I’m very impressed with his poise. As far as him not wanting to play for us, it’s disappointing, but it's not a deal breaker. If we took that into consideration every time we drafted someone we wouldn't have any players at all. ”

Quinn said he didn’t want to engage in a prolonged legal battle with the Raiders, which would be inevitable if they drafted him. Instead, he recommends the Raiders choose one of the many superior players available.

“You’ve got Troy Smith, who’s probably the best quarterback in college football right now,” Quinn said. “You’ve got Adrian Peterson, whose toughness would be a great addition to any team, and you’ve got the dazzling Ted Ginn Jr. Me? I’m just a dime a dozen quarterback. I can make some throws but I’m not going to win you a Super Bowl. Plus I have a lot of nagging injuries nobody knows about. And I’m an alcoholic. And I like to pick up teenage girls on the internet.”

The Raiders, a hapless team that is likely to wind up with the number one pick in the 2007 draft, are said to be eyeing several players, including Ginn Jr and West Virginia’s Steve Slaton. Both players said they’d be willing to play for the Silver and Black.

“Of course I would play for the Raiders,” said Slaton, one of the front runners for the Heisman Trophy. “They have such a great history. I can’t imagine somebody turning these guys down. I know they’re struggling right now, but this kind of thing is cyclical. Give it a couple more years and the Raiders will be right back to being mediocre again. That's going to be an exciting day in Raider Nation. I just hope I can be a part of it.”

Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis doesn’t care what team drafts his star quarterback. He just wants Quinn to stay focused on next week’s opponent and put thoughts about his future on the back burner.

“I could give two %$%$%$%$s who drafts Brady. What I need from him is a laser like focus on the task at hand,” said Weis. “I always tell him, it doesn’t matter which team drafts you. You go to the team that picks you, you get your signing bonus, and you go through the motions. If you’re successful, great. If not, you can still make a good living somewhere as a backup quarterback. And when you become an aging, ineffective backup quarterback, you can always find work with the Raiders. So either way, he’s probably going to end up in Oakland.”

BigFish
01-04-2007, 01:17 PM
Quinn sounds as though he would be a good fit! The Raiders have lots of players who are "not that good"!:happy: :btu: :wavey: :bgi:

The Dad Fisherman
01-04-2007, 03:53 PM
Quinn sounds as though he would be a good fit! The Raiders have lots of players who are "not that good"!:happy: :btu: :wavey: :bgi:

Does he Have a Police record? Any History of Substance Abuse? Gotta Make sure he is going to fit in.

Raider Ronnie
01-04-2007, 06:40 PM
Brady Quinn sucks !!!
I don't want him !!!
Saw enough of him last night !!!

BigFish
01-04-2007, 06:45 PM
I think there is a better than even chance you will see Bledsoe in Oakland....especially since he is from north of there!:bgi:

Raider Ronnie
01-04-2007, 07:21 PM
I think there is a better than even chance you will see Bledsoe in Oakland....especially since he is from north of there!:bgi:

Bledsoe couldn't be any worse than Aaron Brooks!
And Drew won't come off the field smiling after going 3 & out, fumbling, or throwing (another) int. !!!

riverrat55
01-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Well, the Raiders made their 1st smart move by getting rid of their coach Art Snell!!! Now, if Al Davis would retire???