View Full Version : lamiglas ssu 1201

jim sylvester
01-05-2007, 12:46 PM
anybody have experience with this blank?

hearing some good things about it

emailed lami....says its action is that of a gsb 1201

wanting to get some first hand before amking a decision on getting it wrapped

thanks

jim

SeaWolf
01-05-2007, 12:53 PM
jim, i've only built on the ssu1081m. the action of slightly faster than a gsb-series blank, but not as fast as the arra-series, like the 1084 or 1205 blanks. the blanks are a composite blend. i am hoping to get a couple ssu1201m's this winter as i have interest from a coulpe customers in this blank as well. thhe series was not truely released until the middle of the year last year, even tho it was in the lami catalog. also, this series has a blue hue tinted coating over the blank.

jim sylvester
01-05-2007, 01:01 PM
fonts

too fast for eels????

jim sylvester
01-05-2007, 01:01 PM
jim, i've only built on the ssu1081m. the action of slightly faster than a gsb-series blank, but not as fast as the arra-series, like the 1084 or 1205 blanks. the blanks are a composite blend. i am hoping to get a couple ssu1201m's this winter as i have interest from a coulpe customers in this blank as well. thhe series was not truely released until the middle of the year last year, even tho it was in the lami catalog. also, this series has a blue hue tinted coating over the blank.

fonts

too fast for eels???

SeaWolf
01-05-2007, 01:39 PM
if the action of the series is similar to the ssu1081m i built on, i would throw eels with them. but, i would like ot have a ssu1201m in my hands first before i give a true comment on that. the 1081m could throw smaller eels.

Nebe
01-05-2007, 04:46 PM
fonts

too fast for eels???

IMO rod action is less important than the hook shank size when casting eels- a narrower hook like a gamagatsu octopus hook will rip out while a beefy hook like a gamagatsu live bait will hold true no matter what the blank.

jim sylvester
01-05-2007, 04:53 PM
IMO rod action is less important than the hook shank size when casting eels- a narrower hook like a gamagatsu octopus hook will rip out while a beefy hook like a gamagatsu live bait will hold true no matter what the blank.

respectfully disagree my dear surfhogness

last year, 1201 m in the shop- for a retape on the cork

took out my rogue 905, with gami live bait hooks

threw 6 out of 8 eels to the abyss, and was not trying to load the rod, kind of like that super fast loomis action

i know what your saying eben, but if you don't want to lollygag a snake out there and really put some ass into a cast, you need the rod to load for you and a fast rod will not be helping as much as the "right rod" for the situation

getting back to the point though, live baits with a fatter shank does help more

mikecc
01-05-2007, 06:01 PM
I have the whole series coming soon.