View Full Version : Need Rubber squids?

MakoMike
01-06-2007, 10:57 AM
If anyone is interested the guys on Noreast.com may have a group buy going on for shell squids. I thought that You guys that make your own bars might be interested. http://www.noreast.com/discussion/ViewTopic.cfm?topic_ID=80757&page=1

thefishingfreak
01-06-2007, 12:54 PM
thanks for the heads up Mike

MTC
01-06-2007, 03:47 PM
I've been loading up on these Green Machine bars and dredges...

I want t use my downriggers with the dredges.... If the Rotocuff and Ruptured Bicep tendon that I just had surgery on heels before the Tuna come...

keeperreaper
01-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Are we going to be able to buy what color we want and size as individuals or is it one size one color for the group? This is a great idea.. Thanks :kewl:

Uncle Matt
01-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Whats a dredge MTC? How do they work? This was my first year chasing bft so please excuse me if my question sounds stupid. Thanks.

big jay
01-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Not a group buy or anything, but I sell my 9" squid for $2.00 each. I stock 3 colors - Black, green zuchini, and rainbow. They come in bags of 15.
They are Big T brand -- heavier than the POS sea strikers, not as heavy as the ocean lure concepts. Overall, very good quality.

I don't think any site sponsors sell bulk squid, if they do, please delete this John.

-Jay

MTC
01-07-2007, 09:53 AM
It's like an umbrella rig but for tuna that you can run deep in your spread

keeperreaper
01-07-2007, 06:33 PM
A dredge is a lure to attract not catch it has no hooks. similar to a teaser.

MTC
01-07-2007, 08:51 PM
I'll get a photo of one... these have a stinger bait with a hook in them

striperondafly
01-08-2007, 06:52 AM
I've been loading up on these Green Machine bars and dredges...

I want t use my downriggers with the dredges.... If the Rotocuff and Ruptured Bicep tendon that I just had surgery on heels before the Tuna come...

green machines are the bomb - I like to run a single one wayyyyy back in the center when I fish on my friends Contender.

I dislocated my shoulder - doing rehab now better be ready come june we run from NJ to the lumpy bottom in VA if the fish havent moved up into NJ waters

MTC
01-08-2007, 06:55 AM
I could make a teaser out of the staples in my shoulder

striperondafly
01-08-2007, 06:58 AM
holy **** - wow that has to hurt!!!!

I popped mine trying to climb back on a jetty after getting blown off. Was going to pull myself up on a rock when another wave came over - I tried not to let go - shoulda!

taJon
01-08-2007, 08:08 AM
that'll leave a pretty good scar I bet. I wonder why they did it that way?

MakoMike
01-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Right now everything is up in the air. Hopefully you ahould be able to buy any color/size you want.

Jay,
Ifd you want to send me a sample, PM me for my address, but I'll prewarn you that at $2.00 you're twice as high as the other potential suppliers.

MTC
01-08-2007, 02:51 PM
Back to the squids... I make my own spreader bars also but find it hard to find good quality squids at a good price. All the bargin prices have bargin squid... I'd like to get one in my hand (Has to be the Right one) to see feel the quality... before I ordered a bunch... I have a 100 junk squids in my basement...

keeperreaper
01-08-2007, 03:37 PM
I agree with MTC quality squid is worth the money. Those cheap flimsy ones just dont fish well and certainly dont hold up well at all over a season of fishing. They need to hold their shape and color throughout the year and also be able to withstand the vicious hits of the blues and tuna. It is understandable that even the best will rip and tear but some hold up better than others.

big jay
01-08-2007, 07:01 PM
Right now everything is up in the air. Hopefully you ahould be able to buy any color/size you want.

Jay,
Ifd you want to send me a sample, PM me for my address, but I'll prewarn you that at $2.00 you're twice as high as the other potential suppliers.

Mike - Thanks for the offer, but that wasn't meant to be a bid for the group buy. I have a little side business where I sell some squid bars and gear, and was just offering some extra bulk squid if any members wanted them.

While I think what you're doing is admirable, its one headache/can of worms that I just wouldn't want to be mixed up in.

-Jay

MTC - nice staples, my knee looked just like that in October.