View Full Version : somebody please explain to me

fishpoopoo
01-14-2007, 09:32 AM
why God lets this happen

:realmad:

Federal Agents Arrest North Carolina Man Suspected of Decapitating His 4-Year-Old Daughter

Saturday , January 13, 2007

RALEIGH, N.C. — A man suspected of decapitating his 4-year-old daughter and leaving the body for her mother to find in their suburban home was arrested in Washington, D.C., early Saturday, authorities said.

Investigators have not found any history of domestic or mental health problems at the home, and still have no leads as to a possible motive in the killing, said Clayton police Lt. Jon Gerrell.

Click here for more crime news.

Amber Violette told police Friday evening she had found her daughter, Katlin, with her head severed from her body, police said.

An "edged weapon" believe to have been used in the killing was found in the house, though Gerrell declined to give more details.

"This is devastating for the whole community as a whole, and it's the most horrific thing I've seen in 13 years of police work," said Sgt. S.P. Lapsley. "That a father could do this to his child, I just can't believe it."

John Patrick Violette's vehicle was found at Raleigh-Durham International Airport, and investigators learned he had taken a flight to Washington. Deputy U.S. marshals arrested the 37-year-old after police tracked his credit card to the hotel, Lapsley said.

Police said Violette, 37, would be held in Washington pending an extradition on a murder charge expected to be filed in Clayton, about 15 miles southeast of Raleigh. The U.S. Marshals Service said an extradition hearing is expected to be held Tuesday.

The mother is not a suspect in the investigation, and Lapsley said police don't expect to make any more arrests.

Police said John Violette quit his job at a home improvement store on Thursday, the News & Observer of Raleigh reported.

Lori McCreary, who lives across the street from the Violette home in Clayton, a suburb about 15 miles southeast of Raleigh, described the family as "very private, but normal."

"They went to church every Sunday. They just seemed like a very happy, normal couple," McCreary said. "This is just so very, very shocking — and devastating."

labrax
01-14-2007, 10:59 AM
There is nothing to explain....it must be someone who has a mental problem, because no sane person could do that to a kid. That is not excusing it, as I believe the bastard should be killed, as obviously he is a whack-job and is no use to society, and they should not be housed at 50K+/yr in a overcrowded prison or psych ward of prison.

It makes me sick to my stomach to read stuff like that. You wonder in some way if all the tabloid-style media attention might fuel some of this depravity in some perverted attempt to become 'known' or get their '15 minutes' of exposure.

Swimmer
01-14-2007, 11:58 AM
I have great difficulty reading beyond the first paragraph, so I dont.

Ditto what Labrax says.

pops02
01-14-2007, 02:11 PM
Thats a good question, i find myself asking that as well, with 9/11 and other attrocities as well. Do you believe in what i call the big book theory ? Everything is pre determined , in the big book ?

Skip N
01-14-2007, 02:16 PM
Thats a good question, i find myself asking that as well, with 9/11 and other attrocities as well. Do you believe in what i call the big book theory ? Everything is pre determined , in the big book ?

Do they sell this "big book" at borders? I'd like to get me a copy :laugha:

pops02
01-15-2007, 10:37 AM
:laugha: I would be very afraid to read the big book, if i were YOU.:pop:

basswipe
01-15-2007, 04:57 PM
I can.

Its all part of HIS plan.

Give me an effing break!Plan,what plan?

echoisland
01-15-2007, 06:16 PM
it's called psychotic behavior. the guy is a whacko.