View Full Version : Who Turned out the lights??????

Fisherwoman
06-26-2002, 11:13 AM
Been out on the Harbor the last several days, and there is only one word to discribe it. Dead!!!! Marking alot of fish but they just don't seem to be on the feed, and we have tried everything we have. Live bait, jigs, articificials, eels and NADA. Hope it picks up again soon.

It's what happens when you get spoiled for days on big schools of feeding bass, LOL. If it didn't humble you, those good days just wouldn't be as good!!!!!

On another note there are bluefish moving into the area, so get those steel leaders ready. Hope you all are having better luck out there.

We did do well shore fishing the other day and caught about 20 schoolies in one of the local rivers.

Fishing the cape is still recommended. Schools of small blues and bass mixed in are still feeding on the cape in places like Pomponesset and Cotuit, also Chatam is holding a good bit of fish. If this boat thing doesn't pick up soon we may have to put the waders back on and go gettem that way.

schoolie monster
06-26-2002, 11:42 AM
If that river was the river I think it is, that's where I might possibly have found a few fish over the weekend as well (including the infamous "legal fish" from my other post).

Yah, I marked alot of fish around jacknife sunday early morning and Karen and I fished it for awhile mainly due to the fog.

Didn't get a touch on shads, jerkbaits or topwater.

Saturday, same thing on west end of spectacle... even tossed an eel into the rocks and dragged it behind while fishing artificials. They were not interested in my game.

And actually, when we got into some brief action on top in the Fore river area before pulling the boat on Sunday, I had been cruising slowly along the channel edges and saw a huge mass of bait, so we stopped to fish. Then shortly after, the fish came up top.

These fish have been on the feed for two months... will they take a break? Might they have really scattered the bait up? I'm just guessing.

Fisherwoman
06-26-2002, 12:04 PM
SM, those are also some fish that will reside in area's for the season. As for the bait, there is alot of herring out there right now, and those fish are there to eat in the rivers. I have found it strange that the fish in the rivers will feed, but not the fish in the outer harbor islands. Some of the bait is thinning out, after all we had some big schools of fish out there over the last 2 weeks eating hard and that can put a hurtin on the bait. As for the river, that is the one you are thinking of!!!