View Full Version : Moving on

Striperhound
01-15-2007, 03:14 PM
It is a sad day since I have to put this in writing. I am moving away from the Saltwater and little Rhody. Took a significant promotion with my company and will be relocating to Albany NY. As a result I have been blowing up the classifieds forum selling off most everything. Its funny how priorities change with kids. Low cost of living, great schools and endless opportunities for my little ones. I just hope someday they realize the sacrificies that were made for them to have the best. I am sure they will. In any event the SB community has been part of my family for a while and will continue to be so in the future. Good people here!

Warren

BigFish
01-15-2007, 03:18 PM
Warren....I wish you and your family all the best in your new home!:kewl: I have not had the pleasure to meet you as yet but I hope to before you move...when is moving day? Always a great guy here on S-B....enjoy chatting with you from time to time....and you make some of the nicest plugs I have seen....thats no BS! I do hope you continue to hang out with us here online?

Again...all the best!:)

Larry

tynan19
01-15-2007, 03:39 PM
Wish you the best Warren. Albany is not that far from the Salt.

UserRemoved1
01-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Warren I wish you the best. You might be losing the saltwater but you got some great stuff in the tri-city area.

Zweigles :humpty:

crash
01-15-2007, 04:22 PM
Best of luck Warren!

I went to school in western Mass, not too far from Albany. Get yourself a flyrod, and enjoy. And get some wool socks too, its freezing out there.

Nebe
01-15-2007, 04:27 PM
good luck warren. remember, the bass will always be there.

Karl F
01-15-2007, 04:29 PM
Warren, I'd like to echo all that has been said.. best of luck to you and family in new endeavors.. you are going to be in some prime freshwater country near your new digs.. and, with the new job and all, I hope it affords you some saltwater time.. I have 2 of your dannies, you make an awsome plug, I hope you continue to build :D

Striperknight
01-15-2007, 04:52 PM
You are moving into trout central. Fishing is not over for you..its just changing.

tattoobob
01-15-2007, 05:58 PM
Warren good luck, do you have a VS300 FOR SALE?

Remember you can always vacation near the ocean

afterhours
01-15-2007, 06:13 PM
good luck and God bless warren! not far from pulaski.........

echoisland
01-15-2007, 06:13 PM
hey warren,

i'm sure you'll find plenty of fish up there. hudson river spring striper run.
steelhead in pulaski, thousand islands, etc. you will have a great time. and i'm sure you'll make one or two surf trips. don't sell everything. best of luck.

Slipknot
01-15-2007, 06:44 PM
Congrats on your promotion and condolences on moving away from the surf. I'm sure the family will appreciate your sacrifices from what you wrote about it, it sounds like a better opportunity. Best of luck and remember, Albany is not that for from the ocean, you can vacation and still catch stripers, lots of people do that.

Are you gonna still make plugs?:huh:

vanstaal
01-15-2007, 07:17 PM
good luck as I have not met you it's tough to give up something u love and have a passion for as we all do don't give up the plug making I have seen your work and it's good and for every plug you make it's thats much more of you that is staying here !!(you can take the man away for the bass but u can't take the bass out of the man ):tm: peace

Clammer
01-15-2007, 07:29 PM
Good luck BUd //wish only the best for you & your family :;;

I,ll give ya all the credit Ihave //cuz 35 years aGo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.....
I let waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay toooooooooooooooo many // opportunties & chances of quality time with the family pass right on by >>>>>>>>> back then it was fishing , fishing & F #$%^& everybody & everything else ;;

again >>>>... best to all of you //

PS .. the kids may not know what you & your wife have given up // but they will know & see many more things with Mom & dad ><>< ><><

Swimmer
01-15-2007, 08:19 PM
Trout fishing is awesome in N.Y. plus look at all the great hiking. Numerous hills in the teens upstate. Good luck and take care.

BassNuts
01-15-2007, 08:35 PM
Good luck in Albany!!! Look at it this way...it's only 30 miles or so down Rte 9W to the Athens area...good spring bass fishing there on the Hudson....big fish...so don't get rid of all your stuff!!!

GattaFish
01-15-2007, 09:12 PM
Glad you are putting you family first,,,,,I am in TX and still find time to get to CT-RI to fish,,,, I am sure the 5 hr drive would always be worth it for you...

Good luck and wish you and your family the best....

taJon
01-15-2007, 09:38 PM
time to start salmon fishing! always a silverlining somewhere. Good luck

gone fishin
01-15-2007, 11:53 PM
:boots: Good luck Warren. :boots: I hope you saved a rig for the getaway to salt and for that mental health vacation! You have plenty of good sweetwater fishing in that area...............Salmon River...:fishslap: :fishslap:

labrax
01-16-2007, 12:05 AM
With the money get yourself a boat setup and hit the spring Hudson River run of stripers - when I lived in WMass - some people would head that way for stripers in the spring. Bet you can hit Conn or Jersey or MA coasts in reasonable drive and still use some gear.

Save the korkers for Salmon River fishing and those waders too.

Good luck with the move and the job - congrats on the promotion!

JohnR
01-16-2007, 06:49 AM
Good luck Warren :btu:

A third of the crazy folk on this board drive 2-3 hours to fish so can you :tooth:

So let us know when you head out and we can still fish :btu:

(and who needs a promotion when you can just sell all the stuff :eek5:

MakoMike
01-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Best of luck! You won't be far from some good spring bass fishing in the Hudson River.

fishpoopoo
01-16-2007, 04:45 PM
warren -

it's not that long of a drive from albany to the south shore of long island.

heck, i drive that long to get to soco from where i am.

Saltheart
01-16-2007, 06:57 PM
Best of Luck!

Good freshwater fishing up there.

Raven
01-16-2007, 07:10 PM
warren.... also my middle name... :btu:

good luck out there... your doing the right thing!

for your kids to appreciate the sacrifice your making

you need to take them fishing more often...

i don't know their ages.....but having been uprooted
in my early years and re-planted... i can tell you

that it can be stressful unless you seek the silver lining.

chief10
01-16-2007, 07:11 PM
Best of Luck with the move. make sure you make a trip or 2 to the salmon river.:kewl:

Diamond Tackle
01-16-2007, 08:10 PM
Best of Luck to you and your family in Albany. NY is not such a bad place, really good freshwater fishing , the Adirondacks are just an hour or so up the northway. Im sure your kids will enjoy it a lot.

MrHunters
01-16-2007, 09:38 PM
you are going to appreciate every striper you catch from now on more than you could have ever known.

thats not a bad thing.

good luck sir

chris L
01-17-2007, 11:30 AM
enjoy !!!
your moving into good trout country . a few hours ride to the shore . your doing the right thing for the right reasons . dont be a stranger and maybe we/the site can have a trout get together near albany someday . Dont want you to be lonely catching all those trout yourself .

Jay Dog
01-17-2007, 05:32 PM
Big Stripers in Albany in the spring, my brother was up there for a few years and fishing in may-june can be awesome.