View Full Version : Hypothetical Question?

BigFish
01-15-2007, 03:35 PM
You are at a party at a friends house.......and you catch someone trying to sneak a bottle of wine into their pocket book that does not belong to them! You have told them to return it and called them on the fact that it is not theirs to take! Their response is..."They will never miss it!" though they do put it back! Question is......do you let it go at that......or tell your friend about what happened??:huh:

vanstaal
01-15-2007, 04:08 PM
i would stay out of it either the person u tell will some how get upset with you or the offender will, not a win win type of thing ..as my dear old mother would say(as long as it's not you dont worry about it )

crash
01-15-2007, 04:26 PM
Someone who steals is a lowlife, and I want nothing to do with them. So my friend will find out because I don't care what some thief thinks of me. If my friend got pissed because I was looking out for them then eff them too.

The Dad Fisherman
01-15-2007, 04:34 PM
What's your Gut feeling....thats what you need to go by.

Personally, If I thought someone was just out and out Stealing, I would say something.

Karl F
01-15-2007, 04:41 PM
The host ot hostess would've know what transpired imediatley, and it would be their call as to what to do, from there on out.. the party of the first part, needs to address their drinking and or klepto problem, ASAP.
Regardless, of wether they would miss it or not.. not only would the "perp" know.. but, if I'd witnessed it and called them on it, as you said.. then I would know.. me?.. I like to look at that guy in the mirror in the eyes every morning.....

blue oyster
01-15-2007, 05:50 PM
not sure what i would do in that situation other than not invite those people to my house .

echoisland
01-15-2007, 06:15 PM
just put yourself in the situation where someone is stealing from you. wouldn't you want to know about it? i would say something.

Swimmer
01-15-2007, 08:21 PM
How can you be sure thats all the person took. And if so .............it lends to many thoughts and possibilities.

tattoobob
01-15-2007, 08:36 PM
I would tell right away, I hate thieves and liars
then I would never invite them to my house.

jbuck
01-15-2007, 09:16 PM
I wouldn't invite that person to my house that's for sure.

Just the statement that they will never miss it bothers me

BigFish
01-15-2007, 11:04 PM
Thanks for your help! I have done exactly what many of you have said! This situation presented itself to me at a Christmas party and I did go with my gut and I told my friend what happened based on that if someone had done that to me in my home....I would hope someone would tell me! Well....it blew up on me a little as it was a girlfriend of a good friend of mine and I guess he is not happy I spoke up but....too friggin bad for him I guess! Sometimes doing the right thing can hurt a little....but I think I did the right thing!:huh:

tynan19
01-16-2007, 07:29 AM
I would think your good friend would be glad you brought out the clepto unless of course he told her to do it.

afterhours
01-16-2007, 07:41 AM
good for you larry- thieves suck..period.....and what frank said.

Raven
01-16-2007, 08:25 AM
they'd be wearing that wine..... grrrr....:whackin:

glad you spoke up....

but on the other hand you have to know

before hand what the wine takers relationship

is with the refridgerators owner... and what they've been

offered as in: "Help yourself to anything you want in the fridge."

Swimmer
01-16-2007, 01:10 PM
Thats why I like you so much Lar.........

Katie
01-16-2007, 04:47 PM
your a better person for telling him the truth, and some people just can't handle the truth.. in the end, they will thank you for it.

Tagger
01-16-2007, 05:54 PM
What to do ? never bring them over my house ..

justplugit
01-16-2007, 06:05 PM
Yup, the right thing to do is always the hard thing.

Backbeach Jake
01-16-2007, 06:28 PM
Hard but correct call. I hope your friend realizes you may have done him a favor. He should keep an eye out, a girl like that will ruin your reputation as an honest, hardworking man worthy of trust...Decisions like that can be heart breaking.

Karl F
01-16-2007, 07:25 PM
You did the right thing... let the chips fall where they may.

thortum
01-17-2007, 05:08 PM
You tell your friend, and then you make sure that you never invite the other guy to YOUR house or lend him a fishing rod.

Van
01-18-2007, 05:09 PM
Blackmail 10 bucks out of them to keep your mouth shut!!!

Then tell anyway !!!:laughs:

Adamfishes
01-22-2007, 04:21 PM
Tell him you won't tell anyone if he gives you the bottle of wine. JK I hate whine and I hatin MFing liars+thieves. I had a friend acuse another friend of stealing something "like" whine um yeah and he definitly did NOT steal it, not the type at all. And I later told my friend how the other acused him I was glad I did. Now we are both not friends with mr. paranoid. Kinda of the oppisite of what happened in your case but it still deals with the situation of do you take sides or not.