after so many hours....

i no longer have sounds....

and i have to reboot just

to reload all my drivers again..

it's been happening daily. or close to it

pain in the Ass

MrHunters
01-17-2007, 10:53 AM
what sound card? not that i think that has anything to do with it but I experienced the same thing with my audigy xfi card

not that this makes any sense either but i changed pci slots and it resolved

Raven
01-17-2007, 11:49 AM
a realtek....but the whole system seems buggy/ lockin up lately when i play farcry real hard....i wind up back on the desktop...poof
(might have been that trilinear setting in advanced options :uhuh: )

oh well good time to check email....

i empty the box constantly... heh heh...

i've been thinking about a dual boot scenario with either linux
or formatting the hard drive and throwing windows 2000 pro on it.
seems slow now... with dual processors..

and wipe the slate clean... lotsa winxp issues i dont like...

the hard drives A 300 GIG... i haven't even dented it...

MrHunters
01-17-2007, 01:57 PM
you want to talk about bugs....you should try vista beta...

YUCK!

what are you system specs you dont want to be wasting your hardware money by putting 2000 back on.

what kinda xp issues you having?

i like wiping the slate about every year or so.... unfortunatly files are getting so big these days its not so easy anymore.... more time invested in the project.... game graphics sure do kick arse these days...

ill take my rig over xbox 360 anyday.

Raven
01-19-2007, 09:01 AM
and i thought to try it...too.... (maybe not)

the media wars between media player, quick time ,java ,winamp (which i like alot) is a pain in the butt... xp fights you...seems like.

i disable all the operating system sounds... the beeps~!!!! exclamation sound warning stuff because i simply hate them... :af:

i'd rather program in my own signifigant sound for that action...or occurance....it could be a Dolly Pardon fart...:rotf2: what ever... something natural...:rotfl: a loon call..maybe

i do it too..

MrHunters
01-19-2007, 09:13 AM
i disable all the operating system sounds... the beeps~!!!! exclamation sound warning stuff because i simply hate them... :af:

AMEN! The ONE thing i was hoping for when I booted up Vista was that they changed their startup jingle and shutdown jingle.

not much to ask. and they must know after 6 years that it might be getting on peoples nerves.... but there it was........ there it was. bleh.

im mean i could get over the 600 meg in RAM on fresh install.

Raven
01-19-2007, 12:19 PM
loaded a supposedly latest /greatest video card driver and wound up with a slighlty blurple blank screen,,,,froze there... and had to reboot to the last known good configuration....

a case where it wasn't broke but i tried to fix it anyway's :doh:

Raven
01-19-2007, 12:24 PM
what i need is partition magic.....:drool: