View Full Version : Dunkin Donuts

Raider Ronnie
01-18-2007, 08:14 PM
Anyone else notice the tip cup/jars gone ???
I was told at one place that any extra change has to go in the register or they will be fired !!!
This true ?

Raven
01-18-2007, 08:16 PM
it might be at individual D-D's ...because as of yesterday
one i went to.... still had a tip cup.

Swimmer
01-19-2007, 12:56 PM
I NOTICED IT ALSO AND i'VE BEEN IN FIVE DIFFERENT DD'S IN THE LAST WEEK. The owner must be a lurker here.

striperman36
01-19-2007, 01:33 PM
I went to a Mobil station in Mansfield today, they had a tip cup!! For what? amazing.
My son's bus driver doesn't talk to me now because I didn't give him a Christmas tip !!

BigFish
01-19-2007, 01:38 PM
The ones nearest me all have them...Tedeschi's Dunkies in Hanover, the one at Home Depot in Rockland, quite a few of them actually over here have them!:uhuh:

BigBo
01-19-2007, 01:51 PM
Hey Larry. Did you see we're getting yet another DD in Rockland at Lukes Liquors Plaza? This brings the total to five DD in a town of @ 16,000. Plus several other's including mom & pops and Honey Dew. Plenty more in the surrounding towns as well.:tm: Wouldn't one or two suffice in a town of this size?

chief10
01-19-2007, 01:54 PM
watch the one in plymouth off exit 5 on the water side. when you give them the $$ they walk around the corner with your cash. most people drive away figuring it isn't worth the wait. if they stay the employee comes back and pretends she forgot their change. happenned to me twice stayed both times. usually if you give them $3 and the bill is 2 something. then I was sitting down inside with my dad and happenned a couple more times. never go back.:liquify:

Raven
01-19-2007, 01:54 PM
an Alien invasion

talk about drug abuse

Mike P
01-19-2007, 03:31 PM
Hey Larry. Did you see we're getting yet another DD in Rockland at Lukes Liquors Plaza? This brings the total to five DD in a town of @ 16,000. Plus several other's including mom & pops and Honey Dew. Plenty more in the surrounding towns as well.:tm: Wouldn't one or two suffice in a town of this size?

I'm pretty sure Bourne can top that ;) There are 4 right at the bridges--two in Sagamore and two at the rotary, if you count the ones inside the gas stations. Then there's one on 28 just past the go-cart track. There's 5 right there.

I think we're only 14,000 people, give or take.

Tagger
01-19-2007, 03:53 PM
some do ,, some don't .. noticed alot of people from Brazil working at all of them .. not speaking much english .. I thought Brazil was nice .. Why leave it ,, honestly don't know .. I don't mind leaving change for someone that gets up as early as me .. not a cheap bastagde

snake slinger
01-19-2007, 04:53 PM
the one my town has one the next town over doesent

sok
01-19-2007, 11:20 PM
Malden near Revere
1.5 mile radius from home I have five DnD.
3 mile radius I have twelve.
5 miles - probably 40+.

I have heard that Brazil is a nice place to visit but you really wouldn't want to live there. Shorter life expectancy.

The closest DD I used to go to they were all Romanian.

BigFish
01-20-2007, 12:03 AM
Yah I been watching that one Bob! Should be ready to open any day now! I think once that opens you might see one of the others close....either the one by the tracks we went to or the Tedeschis!

BigBo
01-20-2007, 12:13 AM
Probably the one at the RR tracks because they can't put a drive-through window there. Probably the same owners and they're loosing business because of the lack of window service.:huh: :wave:

Jenn
01-20-2007, 03:00 PM

This city I live in is about 46 square miles.....and we just got our 7th dunkies hmm that one for every 7 square miles....not bad huh? actually three of them are on the SAME road, owned by the SAME person all within a mile and a half of each other!

Adamfishes
01-22-2007, 04:14 PM
Beats star bucks. Anymore small business in this country or what?

Bigcat
01-22-2007, 05:12 PM
I'm pretty sure Bourne can top that ;) There are 4 right at the bridges--two in Sagamore and two at the rotary, if you count the ones inside the gas stations. Then there's one on 28 just past the go-cart track. There's 5 right there.

I think we're only 14,000 people, give or take.

One more up at Barlows Landing Road.
DD's master plan is if you have a store you must open another in a certain time frame or they will pull you franchise.

BassNuts
01-22-2007, 06:04 PM
I went to one on LI this morning...BOTH cups were still there...right at the front edge of the counter

gone fishin
01-23-2007, 12:09 AM
Most DD's in the same town are owned by the same owner. Usually they open up close by to avoid the competition of another. Also they will sometimes have a bakery in only one location.:scream:

taJon
01-23-2007, 09:06 AM
its true up here. the people that work there make pretty much nothing and tips are FORBIDDEN. The owner will take the extra and put it in his pocket straight from the worker. well thats what I was told. crappy

Karl F
01-23-2007, 12:47 PM
January 23, 2007
No coffee but cash taken at Dunkin’ Donuts
HYANNIS – A thief made off with a small amount of cash after breaking into a Dunkin’ Donuts yesterday evening, according to Barnstable Police Sgt. Sean Sweeney.

The store, at 153 Corporation Street behind the Cape Cod Mall, lost less than $100 cash after someone apparently broke in through the back door about 8 p.m. and knew which button to push on the register, Sweeney said.

Barnstable police K9 officer Troy Perry found that a safe was untouched. No arrests were made, Sweeney said.

Four other Dunkin’ Donuts stores, including one in Cedarville in Plymouth, were burglarized on Sunday, one of the workers at the Hyannis store told police.

-By Hilary Russ

HighTide
01-23-2007, 02:13 PM
This city I live in is about 46 square miles.....and we just got our 7th dunkies hmm that one for every 7 square miles....not bad huh? actually three of them are on the SAME road, owned by the SAME person all within a mile and a half of each other!
You probably have more but just don't know it.
https://www.dunkindonuts.com/aboutus/store/Search.aspx

I thought we had 6 in Braintree but there's 11

Jenn
01-23-2007, 02:52 PM
High tide....here is the scary part......they only listed 5 of 7 on there! So you could have MORE than 11!!!!