View Full Version : I Got A Pain in the 'Bow

Jimbo
01-19-2007, 11:53 AM
Started a few months ago, but I can't remember what I was doing, maybe fishing. Just about positive it's Tennis Elbow from what I read on line about the symptoms. I've tried some of the easier ways recommended to heal it, but there's so many everyday things one needs to do or does without thinking that involve the forearm, I guess I keep reinjuring it.
Anyone else ever suffer from this? And what helped most in the healing? brace, ibuprofin, RICE? It's such a nagging little injury that won't go away.

stripersnipr
01-19-2007, 11:58 AM
My Doctor prescribed Naprosyn and it worked wonders in about three days.

wader-dad
01-19-2007, 04:07 PM
Jimbo-- I have had tennis elbow and it drives you crazy. You know you have it if you have no pain at all if you lift anything with your palm up but if you tried to pick up a can of coffee by grabbing the top of the can palm down, it kills you in one spot on the elbow. I went to physical therapy twice a week for 10 weeks, used a tennis elbow brace, motrin and a night wrist brace and did exercises and nothing helped. Finally I was going to Cuttyhunk and I could hardly cast. So I got a cortisone shot and the pain was gone-like a miracle for 6 months and then it was back so I got another shot and now I am 4 months into that shot. The tennis elbow brace helps- at least you can shake hands with a guy without it killing you. They say try the brace and excercises first- but if it is bad you will need the cortisone. The claim it happens if you do a repetitive motion with that arm. Good luck Rob Cohn PM me if you need more info.

MakoMike
01-19-2007, 04:18 PM
Ibroprofen always made it go away for me.

fishaholic18
01-19-2007, 04:20 PM
Yup. Had it in both arms. I had Golfer's elbow, which is inside part of your arm,elbow, Tennis is outside. Wicked painful. Went thru therapy, didn't work, cortizone shots, first set lasted 6 months, next set a few months, then they'd only last a month, think I had 6 total in each arm over 18 months. Pain was getting unbearable after dealing with this for years. Then tried a cortizone shock thing, sent electric pulses into my arm for a half hour a day 3 times a week, didn't work, tried braced and the arm band things, nada. Doc finally decided to operate to release the tendon I think. The Percosets were NICE:btu: . Arms are better but still a little sore in the spot he did the surgery, no more shooting pain to the wrist though. Been about 8 months on left and 3 on right after surgery.

Good luck.

Raven
01-19-2007, 05:42 PM
did the surgeries work well Dave or what?

fishaholic18
01-20-2007, 03:38 PM
did the surgeries work well Dave or what?

I'm not 100% happy with the outcome. May need more time though, still have pain in elbows but no shooting pain to the wrist.

Slammer223
01-21-2007, 08:58 AM
Remember,it's inflammation,best thing is rest.Be very mindful of what motion causes the pain and then you can avoid that motion.I know that is easier said than done,but who wants surgery if it can be avoided?