View Full Version : Sinker Technology

cow tamer
01-21-2007, 09:00 AM
What do you find to be the best type of sinker that resists getting hung up on the bottom when 3 waying eels or plastics in a current?

tattoobob
01-21-2007, 09:46 AM
I usually use a bank sinker

Goose
01-21-2007, 10:09 AM
spark plugs

animal
01-21-2007, 01:54 PM
Three-waying sux,try sliding an egg sinker over your line ahead of your leader.

riverrat2
01-21-2007, 02:22 PM
Three waying can be deadly in the right situation. An egg sinker couldn't even replace a 3 way anyways, its a whole different presentation. I have found that the best sinkers for a 3 way are the cannon ball style ones. They are round with a brass hook on the top and bounce of most thinks apposed to a traditional bank sinker that can get hung up a little easier.

cow tamer
01-21-2007, 04:13 PM
My reasoning for the three way is to be able to attach a sinker that is tied to a snap that can clip onto the swivel. The line would be of lesser strength than the main line and leader in case of a snag. I thought the cannon ball was a better alternative than the bank sinker. In fact you might be able to have a snap at both ends and swap out to a heavier weight as the current increases. The egg sinker would require cutting the line each time, requiring more of an effort.

riverrat2
01-21-2007, 04:42 PM
If you are using a 3way the way you are supposed to forget the egg sinker. A 3 way should be used to present a bait vertically, usually in water greater than 25'. An egg sinker is a whole different ball game

cow tamer
01-21-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm looking to slow down a sluggo or an eel from being pulled along by the current. I'm also looking to get it down closer to the bottom where fish might be stationed or staged when the current is moving.