View Full Version : Insant replay.

fishaholic18
01-27-2007, 09:34 AM
There have been many blown calls in the NFL in Big Game situations that could have changed the outcome of the game.
What do you think of the coaches being able to challenge anything they want? Penalties and all. They will still only get their 2 precious challenges and an extra if both are correct as it is now. I say..Why not.
The game has gotten so fast, we can't really blame the officials blowing calls at real speed. So why not make it honest.

What do u think?

afterhours
01-27-2007, 09:40 AM
i agree- 3 challanges, penalties and all. give a set time for reveiws. way too many bad calls that affect games. so sick of horrendous calls...

Mike P
01-27-2007, 11:59 AM
Yeah, I think a 6 hour game would be the greatest thing since canned beer :rollem:

Cause you know TV isn't going to cut out any commercial breaks even if there are a gazillion replay reviews :humpty:

Hire full time officials and send them to training camp so they're in shape enough to stay with a play, and you won't need to change the replay rules.

The NFL is the most profitable sports orgainization this side of Formula 1 racing and yet still does it on the cheap with the officials.

nightprowler
01-27-2007, 12:19 PM
I'm not trying to defend bad calls made by officials...
but I think officiating is one of the hardest things to do in sports. you are wrong 50% of the time, no matter what, and when you make the right call it usually goes unnoticed. I think that being able to review officials calls by replay is a bad idea. players, coaches make mistakes. its part of the game. officials make mistakes too. take the duke bball game the other night, everyone is talking about the travisty of the clock being run incorrectly...what about the fact that clemson let duke take the ball the full length of the court and make a lay-up in 4.4 seconds?
bad/questionable calls are part of the game.
every league does what it can to obtain the best officials available. they are the best of the best at the proffesional level especialyl with the magnitude of the pats game.
The fact that these guys can officiate an entire game and make 1 bad /questionable call i think is pretty impressive.
when was the last time you performed perfectly?

fishaholic18
01-27-2007, 01:03 PM
Yeah, I think a 6 hour game would be the greatest thing since canned beer :rollem:

Cause you know TV isn't going to cut out any commercial breaks even if there are a gazillion replay reviews :humpty:

Hire full time officials and send them to training camp so they're in shape enough to stay with a play, and you won't need to change the replay rules.

The NFL is the most profitable sports orgainization this side of Formula 1 racing and yet still does it on the cheap with the officials.

How would it change the length of the game, they still get the same amount of replays.

How are better conditioned officials going to see better. The game is fast you know and your eyes can deceive you at game time speeds, especially when view is blocked by players.

riverrat55
01-27-2007, 10:17 PM
I think the penalty phase should be changed!!!
If you are inside the 10, and pass interferance occurs in the endzone, then you should get the ball on the 1 with 1st and goal!!!
Outside the 10, you should get the ball on the ten with 1st and goal!!!