View Full Version : I Just Want Coffee!

BigFish
01-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Go to Dunkies at the Tedeschis down the street from me.......nobody in line when I get there....nobody even in the store! I need to get milk and spring water from the store so I decide to do that first! Takes 1 minute! By the time I am done there are 5 people in line and of course they all want friggin breakfast sandwiches and stuff that takes forever to make!!!! So finally the woman in front of me orders a small caramel latte'......guy says.....how do you want it? She does not answer....is not even paying attention! He repeats it and she responds....."How do most people get it?":smash: :wall: So he proceeds to lay the groundwork for "building" her coffee and he runs down the milk/skim milk/sugar options and still.....she...cannot....make....up.....her....mi nd! By now I want to throw a forearm smash at the back of her head and she finally says..."milk and sugar I guess"......so he proceeds and then she says..."you know what....I can just add the sugar later if I want it!.....so he dumps the cup and starts from scratch!!!!!!! 15 minutes later I get to the counter and I am done in 7 seconds.....damn it I just wanted coffee!!!!!:wall: :smash: :wall: :smash:

spence
01-27-2007, 10:58 AM
This is why yuppies don't patronize the D&D.

Our time is simply much too valuable.

-spence

NIB
01-27-2007, 11:43 AM
Sounds like u need to try decaf..

Swimmer
01-27-2007, 12:14 PM
one for moonbat yuppies

:btu: and one for regular people.

Raven
01-27-2007, 12:31 PM
i can't bring myself to go to
Dunkin Doughnuts ...anymore

there is always the thought of....
:think: i'm paying way to much
for this cup of hot water and bad flavor.

Real coffee ok!, made from extra fresh beans is a sweet
very enjoyable beverage on its own with incredible flavor..

the coffee business doesn't want you to know this.

the coffee we get is so bitter that we have to
sweeten the %$%$%$%$ out of it
with flavored creamer and sugar
to get it to taste good again

i buy coffee at BJ's wholesale now....

Probably costing ....
me 25 cents per cup
so to go and throw another buck (one deer hide)
and a half or more at them is a waste....

so you if you pay $ 3.00 per per day going there
on average....not counting afternoons or evenings
trips... thats $1095.00 Dollars per year

thats alot of cash that could be better
spent else where

stripersnipr
01-27-2007, 07:14 PM
Your story reminded me of this:

A sign in the Bank Lobby reads: "Please note that this Bank is installing new Drive-through ATM machines enabling customers to withdraw cash without leaving their vehicles. Customers using this new facility are requested to use the procedures outlined below when accessing their accounts.

After months of careful research, MALE & FEMALE procedures have been developed. Please follow the appropriate steps for your gender."

MALE PROCEDURE:

1. Drive up to the cash machine.

2. Put down your car window.

3. Insert card into machine and enter PIN.

4. Enter amount of cash required and withdraw.

5. Retrieve card, cash and receipt.

6. Put window up.

7. Drive off.

FEMALE PROCEDURE:

1. Drive up to cash machine.

2. Reverse and back up the required amount to align car
window with the machine.

3. Set parking brake, put the window down.

4. Find handbag, remove all contents on to passenger seat to
locate card.

5. Tell person on cell phone you will call them back and
hang up.

6. Attempt to insert card into machine.

7. Open car door to allow easier access to machine due to
its excessive distance from the car.

8. Insert card.

9. Re-insert card the right way.

10. Dig through handbag to find diary with your PIN written
on the inside back page.

11. Enter PIN.

12. Press cancel and re-enter correct PIN.

13. Enter amount of cash required.

14. Check makeup in rear view mirror.

15. Retrieve cash and receipt.

16. Empty handbag again to locate wallet and place cash
inside.

17. Write debit amount in check register and place receipt
in back of checkbook.

18. Re-check makeup.

19. Drive forward 2 feet.

20. Reverse back to cash machine.

21. Retrieve card.

22. Re-empty hand bag, locate card holder, and place card
into the slot provided.

23. Give dirty look to irate male driver waiting behind you.

24. Restart stalled engine and pull off.

25. Redial person on cell phone.

26. Drive for 2 to 3 miles.

27. Release Parking Brake.

Raider Ronnie
01-27-2007, 08:05 PM
Larry,
You were overdue for a grump !!!
It's been over a week since the last !!!

gone fishin
01-27-2007, 10:07 PM
Larry - you have the damndest luck at DD. You have to find an alternative or you will end up with coffee rage and slug someone..:fishslap:

Raven
01-28-2007, 09:58 AM
Larry - you have the damndest luck at DD. You have to find an alternative or you will end up with coffee rage and slug someone..:fishslap:

we should do a U-TUBE of Larry going to dunken doughnuts and slugging someone
....(a paid S-B actress) then dumping the coffee on them

that would be AWESOME.... :btu::happy:

hunan
01-28-2007, 11:30 PM
s.s., i've seen that before but it's still some funny stuff. hey larry, i work at hi-way safety on circuit street. just give me a call when you need a coffee and i'll order it in portuguese for ya.:claps: you'll get it asap.

The Dad Fisherman
01-29-2007, 09:48 AM
But look at the Bright Side....The guy at Dunkin Donuts gave great Customer Service.......wasn't that an older Grump :hihi:

Rockfish9
01-29-2007, 12:09 PM
Sounds so familar... I dont go to Double D's much, but some nights when I'm headed to the boat i do stop for a coffee for the ride...

I posted this story elsewhere awhile back, but the above incident brough back the memory...

I was on the way down to my boat for a night of bass fishing, I stopped for a coffe at a DD on my way, after waiting in line for what seemed like an eternity ( I have the pateints of an oyster) I get my turn, the young blond with about 20 piercings asks what I would like... so, I say medium BLACK coffee... she replies... CREAM AND SUGAR? she then says just cream... I say "no black please" she makes the coffee and hands it to me... having been through this before, I pop the lid... yup... cream and sugar... so I tell her (not so politely) that I just want a BLACK coffee... she smiles all nice and says "some people like cream and sugar you know" in the mean time, the janitor that was mopping the floor(at least 20' away) sets down his mop, walks over and gets me a BLACK medium coffee....

Pretty bad when a janitor wearing a head set listening to an I-pod can hear/understand your order better than the person you are speaking too!

As TDF said... all I wanted was a cup of coffee!

FishermanTim
01-29-2007, 01:34 PM
You're better off just brewing your own.
You get better service, better quality, and you can hav it when YOU want it.
I don't drink a lot of coffee, but I'll brew it at home and bring it to work, and save myself the time, money and aggrevation.

I agree, there should be 2 lines.
1 for all those stupid combo coffee drinks and 1 for just coffee.

Backbeach Jake
01-29-2007, 06:14 PM
I can just see the cashiers at DD when BigFish pulls up. "Look, there he is, the big guy who turns purple....Watch this..."

BigFish
01-29-2007, 06:23 PM
No drive thru Fred....EVER! The DD's I go to they know me and my coffee is waiting for me just the way I like it....and I do tip them well....its worth it when its just the way you want it!:gu:

Others here have seen the coffee fly across the parking lot before!!!:hihi:

Squid kids Dad
01-29-2007, 06:23 PM
Good one...:laugha:

gone fishin
01-29-2007, 10:47 PM
:rocketem: Boy it's a good thing they don't serve beer at DD. Now that would cause a few nutties when they screw up a cup o' beer. :faga: I can just hear the gripes - too much head - too warm - too flat - not a full cup etc. etc etc ...............:laugha:

Raven
01-30-2007, 08:33 AM
i put gold in my coffee.... :wavey:

i like the rich taste....

gone fishin
01-30-2007, 10:49 AM
Did anyone read the article in the Globe about the coffee service in Washington? State of that is.. The various companies are showing a lot of flesh to entice their customers to buy from them. Some are actually serving coffee in bikinis..Clammer would be in heaven. Larry would have a caffeen tic for sure & raven would have his fix. And I think it should spread east!:jump:

The Dad Fisherman
01-30-2007, 11:52 AM
I remember Hitting a Topless Coffee Shop down in Florida years ago :shocked: :drool: everything was a buck.

I was afraid to ask for extra cream in my coffee though

Rockport24
01-30-2007, 12:49 PM
i can't bring myself to go to
Dunkin Doughnuts ...anymore

there is always the thought of....
:think: i'm paying way to much
for this cup of hot water and bad flavor.

Real coffee ok!, made from extra fresh beans is a sweet
very enjoyable beverage on its own with incredible flavor..

I keep hearing this about the fresh coffee, where do we get it?

ThrowingTimber
01-31-2007, 08:58 AM
make your own coffee stop whinin' sally.

Rockport24
01-31-2007, 09:21 AM
make your own coffee stop whinin' sally.

LOL - I do make my own coffee, but where do I buy the fresh beans that aren't bitter tasting?

BMEUPSCOTTY
02-12-2007, 07:46 PM
dd has great beans, just grind them immediately before brewing and SHUT THE HEATER OFF UNDER THE POT, if you can w/your coffee maker. Drink it all or put it in a thermos but don't heat it. When you get a bad cup at dd it was sittin on the burner to long. I tip well at the 1 shop I go to most frequently and my cup always comes from the fresh pot.

Now as far as hot barristas, when I was doin some landscrapin on the side a few years back, whenever we did Braintree we would stop into Marylous, and not just for the coffee. Tiny little shop with worktrucks lining the street outside all day long. To funny!

bassmaster
02-12-2007, 08:31 PM
i would love to own a coffe shop. ground infront of you and when u drink it you shake and have to take a caffene chit.
coffee from dd's and other places sucks man , low grade beens=bitter plus some dd's the coffee taste burnt on top of this or has the metal i tast like chit tase
Bigfish when i see you im going to slap the chit out of you. i hate u more than flaptail

stiff tip
02-13-2007, 06:15 AM
bass.... e-z w/all that love ,,,,youll b hurtin my feel goods, w/ all your love...........p.s. can you still walk on water

Big Dave
02-13-2007, 12:39 PM
Big Fish

Leave my Ole Lady alone. Just be glad you were not behind her at Starbucks. Oh my lord, it would have been bad.

Big Dave

Raven
02-13-2007, 04:10 PM
when he goes into Dunkin Donuts

well...at least in Fantasy ...and me two.. :uhuh: :kewl:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/ravenob1/DD-waitress.jpg

BigFish
02-13-2007, 06:23 PM
Bassmaster....been driving around Yarmouth the last 2 days looking for your shack.....I want plugs. By the way...I have grown 8 inches since you saw me last!:)

Raven....me likey!:drool:

Karl F
02-13-2007, 06:29 PM
[QUOTE=BigFish;462633]. By the way...I have grown 8 inches since you saw me last!:)

QUOTE]

Girth... or height? ;)

BigFish
02-13-2007, 06:30 PM
4 high and 4 wide....smart guy!:bl:

Slingah
02-13-2007, 06:47 PM
[QUOTE=BigFish;462633]. By the way...I have grown 8 inches since you saw me last!:)

QUOTE]

Girth... or height? ;)

:jump: hahahahahaha...good one Karl!!!

BigFish
02-13-2007, 07:52 PM
Matt...how has that weight maching been working out for you this winter...do the clothes dry faster hanging on it?:bl: :musc:

bassmaster
02-13-2007, 09:18 PM
:hihi: :hihi: Bassmaster....been driving around Yarmouth the last 2 days looking for your shack.....I want plugs. By the way...I have grown 8 inches since you saw me last!:)

Raven....me likey!:drool:

:boots:

Slingah
02-13-2007, 10:42 PM
Matt...how has that weight maching been working out for you this winter...do the clothes dry faster hanging on it?:bl: :musc:

no...I dont hang clothes on the weight machine....I hang them on the new exercise bike debbie bought me......
and by the way...Im in shape...................round is a shape :usd:

BigFish
02-14-2007, 08:28 AM
More like "pear" shape!:jester:

bassmaster
02-14-2007, 01:40 PM
give me a plug b4 i slap the chit out of you Larry