View Full Version : leftover thread

Goose
02-01-2007, 05:41 PM
I thought I'ld try something different and use up some left over threads on a boat rod.
Very easy wrap anybody can do it. I thought useing a pearl white mettalic underwrap would bring out color, I think a black mettalic would look good too.
All 7 guides have the decorative wrap, easier then it sounds.

First lay all underwraps then lay a thread from one end to the other, left to right...(forgrip to last guide at the top)
Start at any angle to the blank, then going in the opposite direction with a different thread and a different angle go the length of the rod.
Just keep doing that till your satisfied.
Thread size does not matter, I used A, C, D and E in any order.

Now, just as if you where doing in a butt wrap you need to wrap between guides just so they hold when you cut your threads.

When I tie the guide I start at the top of the guide foot then half way down I tape, cut threads then go back and tie where I started. Its very easy try it.

Goose
02-01-2007, 05:53 PM
Thanks JR

stripersnipr
02-01-2007, 06:34 PM
I like it.........your on to something there.

reelecstasy
02-24-2007, 08:44 AM
:btu:

"uffah!!"
02-24-2007, 11:13 AM
What do you think of these???

reelecstasy
02-24-2007, 11:30 AM
I think you are a patient man, very nice weave.

Goose
02-24-2007, 12:54 PM
That is a work art that can only be appreciated by those who do what you do. To put that under its own thread isn't enough never mind your modesty of putting that under 'left over thread' thread. If you have that much patience I can only imagine the potentual you have to catch fish. You got skillz.