View Full Version : The price of dental work.

FishermanTim
02-02-2007, 11:43 AM
:crying: :bc: :splat: :bc: :crying:
I knew going in that I was going to get a dental implant.
Big bucks right from the start. Insurance doesn't cover them.
Found out that because of the bone atrophy I needed 3 instead of the 1 I thought I was going to get
The only positives I can think of right now are:
1.) They can't get tooth decay
2.) I can claim them on next years taxes.
3.) Because they take so long to fully heal, I'll be on a weight loss plan involving very little solid food for a while.

I thought my big dental bills were all behind me, but I spoke too soon.

Finlander
02-02-2007, 12:15 PM
I can feel our pain, I just finished a cap, than two weeks later became baddly infected, almost had to have surgery, but a root cannal and two weeks of tooth aches final took care of the problem. Next week start another cap, tough to get older. Good luck!!!

Chris

PaulS
02-02-2007, 12:17 PM
I lost 2 teeth in an accident about 10 years ago. Got 1 implant (with the 2 teeth on it) and haven't had a problem with them since. Insurance picked up most of it b/c it was an accident thought. Implants are the way to go if you can swing the cost.

FishermanTim
02-02-2007, 12:32 PM
The price is the big issue.
I've already gone the route of crowns and bridges, and paid enough over the past 10+ years to buy a couple of BMW's.
I was lucky enough to have good roots, but the tops had been filled more times that a Boston pothole.

Luckily I can tap into my 401K for a loan, which I pay back to myself (with interest), and is taken directly from my paycheck.

Man, it's tough getting old(er).

justplugit
02-02-2007, 03:56 PM
No insurance here, so i just automatically send my wife's dentist $100 a month and it still doesn't cover her bills. :smash:

Karl F
02-02-2007, 06:43 PM
:crying: :bc:
I don't even wanna think about it...
expensive winter for my mouth...
aging process sucketh.
no skiff $.. all for teeth..

gone fishin
02-03-2007, 12:18 AM
Fisherman - I can identify. I just recently sprung for $3200.00 for my dental work and it still is not done. My wife now is in need of a three tooth bridge and it will probably cost at least $3500 bucs..

Finlander - ya better find another dentist. If you had an infection after a cap you can blame the Doc. If the tooth became abcessed after the cap he didn't do a good job preparing the tooth.:tooth:

Swimmer
02-03-2007, 08:38 AM
Did you guys know that the teeth bridgework is attached to last only about five years?

riverrat55
02-03-2007, 12:31 PM
My wife and I now have all dental work done free!!!
It is amazing what a dentist will do for you when he screws up!!!
After 2 trips to the emergency room (one in Boston) because of his screw ups, I get free care forever!!!
Oh Yeah, The Screwups!!!= Blew my face up and chest with air while drilling a tooth out (Caused "Crispies") and then dropping a pin down my throat while during a root canal!!!
Why go back? He is a family friend and has been my dentist for 30 years!!!