View Full Version : Hailing at cab at 5am when its 8 degrees out.

likwid
02-05-2007, 02:16 PM
Sucks.
Alot.

That is all.

luds
02-05-2007, 02:29 PM
Sucks.
Alot.

That is all.

Try it on _ _ _ _ _ when you've been up all night. :behead:

likwid
02-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Some of the Avenues in Manhattan turn into wind tunnels in weather like this.

Although someone on 77th (Around 77th and 2nd) has a quad cab 4x4 pickup with a rod rack on the front and a rack on the roof of the cap. (Ben? any clue who this is?)

goosefish
02-07-2007, 12:10 PM
I hear ya on the avenues. Cold and wind. Went for a walk on the Hudson last weekend and froze my face off. Northwest wind coming down the river, didn't make me think of bass or shad or eels or anything else.

fishpoopoo
02-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Some of the Avenues in Manhattan turn into wind tunnels in weather like this.

Although someone on 77th (Around 77th and 2nd) has a quad cab 4x4 pickup with a rod rack on the front and a rack on the roof of the cap. (Ben? any clue who this is?)

not an unusual sight in manhattan or long island. hell, if you hang out in the summer time, you'll see guys chunking the east and hudson rivers. :yak:

actually some pretty good fishing in the area considering that the hudson is the cradle of striperdom. i used to go weakfishing a lot down by the canarsie pier in brooklyn ... and even chunked battery park city (pre 9/11) by the seawall. humungous stripers there - 35+ lbs during the daytime!

without fail ... here are the times you might as well walk or duck into a bar ... heavy rain ... snow ... cold temps ... transit strike ... while on 5th/6th avenue in the '50's and times square while swimming upstream amongst a throng of tourons (xmas/new years).

likwid
02-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Maybe I'll have to leave a schoolie rod and a few storms at the gf's apt?
Atleast in spring while she does her triathalon training I can go sit on the river and fish. :D

fishpoopoo
02-08-2007, 01:38 PM
oh, so THAT's why you're down in the City. Wondering why you were so relaxed lately. :eek: :eek5: :lasso:

likwid
02-08-2007, 01:53 PM
oh, so THAT's why you're down in the City. Wondering why you were so relaxed lately. :eek: :eek5: :lasso:

May the power of laid compel you. :hihi: