View Full Version : Sea Tow vs Boat US

Got Stripers
02-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Signed the P&S yesterday, I'll be back on the big pond this spring, can't wait. One thing I need to get enrolled in before I do is both towing on the water and on the road. I was using Sea Tow, but looking online the Boat US pricing is less and their roadside towing isn't as restrictive. Looks like Sea Tow is $159 with the $10 add on for trailer towing, but the trailer towing limits you to $150/tow. The Boat US is $130 with the same $10 add on, but it's a 100 mile trailer limit which is going to cover most tows. Towed my Lund with a fried axle it is was $275 some years back, so a $150/tow limit won't pay for more than half. Just curious who's had good and bad experiences, if your lucky you've had none, tight lines.

ps: Are there any discounts through AAA for either?

Clammer
02-08-2007, 09:08 PM
BOB

First >>>> best of luck

I switched to Sea TOW for one GOOD reason // they are on the water 24/7 365 ;;;

Goose
02-08-2007, 09:51 PM
Something told me to get Boat US's tow boat last year(1st yr I got it) and it paid off big time I saved loto-money on one tow, it was a pleasant experience maybe because I fell asleep on the ride home in calm seas. Had I been on the south side of Elizabeths woulda been a different story.

Clammer
02-08-2007, 10:18 PM
RUN OUTTA GAS ???????????????:btu:

Raider Ronnie
02-08-2007, 10:28 PM
They usually have a deal on sea tow at the boat shows

teaser
02-08-2007, 11:27 PM
I have Boat US and they came for me out by Squibnocket, I broke the steering arm off the outboard and couldn't steer anymore. That was a $625.00 tow that was now free thanks to the unlimited package, they were there in 35 minutes. I think it's like 10 or 15 bucks more for the unlimited package, very WELL worth it! Very smooth tow back home too, I almost had the nerve to troll while being towed back in! lol :bl:

Bigcat
02-09-2007, 07:09 AM
For me it's Boat US. they have service close to all the places I fish.

MrHunters
02-09-2007, 09:45 AM
its all about where you fish and who covers it... just like bigcat says.

the extra 30 bucks either way is really not something that should be an issue when it comes to otw safety.

wfmdfm
02-11-2007, 08:36 AM
Spent 2 weeks on the Vineyard in August 2006. On my last day as I was bringing the boat back to Wareham the drive froze up. A friend towed me back to Lake Tashmoo and I called Sea Tow. We scheduled a tow back 2 days later. 3 hour tow to Talor Point ramp. $900 tow. Thank god I had SEA TOW !! End of my season and the drive is still being repaired.

ktugboat42
02-11-2007, 09:20 AM
It doesn't matter which company you use to get your boat towed because if your service doesn't have a boat in the area, they'll find you another service. You'll have to pay for the tow out of pocket but then submit the receipt to your service and they'll reimburse you.

blaruffa
02-11-2007, 09:45 AM
IMO... Tow Boat was great. I was out on the water in April last year. Had issue with the motor. Called them up on the radio, they got right back to me. He had to come from Oyster Harbour to the Vineyard, to tow me back to Falmouth. Tow was ~500, made my money back on all those years I'd been paying. But I heare great things about SeaTow as well.

But as ktugboat24 said, take a look at where you primarly boat and see who is closer / has more boats, that would be who I choose.

BTW Congrats on the new purchase.

RIROCKHOUND
02-11-2007, 11:04 AM
I switched to Sea TOW for one GOOD reason // they are on the water 24/7 365 ;;;

Yup!
We carried both when we went to Long Island to work, but when we are going to be local, SeaTow gets my vote.