View Full Version : Brain-teaser

cow tamer
02-09-2007, 06:20 PM
When do you use a teaser or wish you had or wish you hadn't?
I had often thought to use one but seldom due do to the risk of getting hung up or worse yet getting hooked when in hand to fin combat with a fish.

bloocrab
02-09-2007, 07:20 PM
When do you use a teaser or wish you had or wish you hadn't?

When do I use one: Hardly Ever, although my bud Milo just gave me a few bags of interesting creatures that could be teased.

When do I wish I had?: When the guy next to me who's USING a teaser catches a Large on it.

When do I wish I hadn't?: When I do use one and it gets hung up and I lose both the teaser and the plug. Unless I'm fishing with Goose, he'll just swim out to it and unstuck it for me. :D

EricM
02-09-2007, 10:14 PM
When do I use one: When fly fishing for weakfish; when nothing else is working with spinning tackle; and in front of (and behind) the bigger roberts lures

When do I wish I had?: When I read in the offseason about how everyone catches bigger fish on the teaser, and same as above, when my buddy spanks me using the teaser.

When do I wish I hadn't?: When the whole rig tangles up.

Swimmer
02-10-2007, 11:44 AM
Two years ago on the Vineyard of the first seventeen albies I caught, 12 were on the teaser. It is pretty much the same with bass.

Pete F.
02-10-2007, 02:07 PM
wish I had'nt when a bluefish steals my plug, or when I don't leave inough drop and catch my line right between first guide and tip and end up cutting out the horrendous mess and tying on a new leader. Of course that only happens when there are fish around.
However I catch a lot of fish on the teaser and oddly enough sometimes when they are consistently whacking the teaser, I will sometimes get doubles but not plug only.

baldwin
02-10-2007, 03:43 PM
...when my buddy spanks me using the teaser.

Sounds kinda kinky.