View Full Version : Bahston Hahba Madness

Van
07-08-2002, 10:21 AM
What a morning Sunday, read schoolie's post on Saturday so I headed for Dorchester Bay/Boston Harbor early morning.

Found a huge school of fish busting the surface right in the middle of the main channel.

Birds were everywhere and so were the boats. (at least 70 of em'), but I did not witness any problems. Action was good for quite a few hours, then I split.
Check out the bird action in the image.:eek:

Thanks goes out to FW and BC.:D

Brooksie
07-08-2002, 10:47 AM
Wow! That's a lot of birds.

Fisherwoman
07-08-2002, 11:14 AM
Anytime Van, was nice to see you again, glad you had a good morning.

As the picture speaks for itself, there were fish everywhere yesterday morning, took some nice video of the madness. We caught a few fish off Spectacle Island early in the AM right about daylight, then all Hell broke loose over between Spectacle and Deer Island. What a rush. ALOT of boats as Van said, but everybody was pretty good considering the amount of people. We caught well over 100 fish between 20 and 34 inches, mostly on Gag's poppers and Chrome Creek chubs, then went to the queen coccaho shad and look baby, out double headers galore with teasers!!!

After the morning bite shut down about 12, we headed outside by Graves light and found another school of Bass & Blues busting the bait. Caught a few 20 lb class fish on wire line under the schools on top. also caught alot of rat blues to 4 lbs on topwater as they were just cruising around the surface.

Was a beautiful day to be out as far as it was alot cooler that the 4th, absolutely the hottest day on the water we have ever fished. These fish have been coming up every morning for the last week and a half, so if ya get a chance to get out, go there at 1st light and get ready!!!!!

schoolie monster
07-08-2002, 12:13 PM
I figured sunday would be good as well, but I killed the alarm. Did the same last weekend, but then fished sunday night and monday night, then thursday and saturday am. I took sunday completely off.

Took the kid to the park, cleaned both jeepsters.

Almost launched in the evening to go out for a few hours, but talked myself out of it telling myself I had really cleaned the boat and equipment off well on saturday.

I just was struggling so much on saturday, I figured I needed a real break.

Glad the fish were still around for everyone and the boats were well behaved. For the most part, people seemed to realize to stay put 'cause the fish were all around. You really don't need to be right on top of breaking fish all the time. But it only takes a few to make it hectic.

Fisherwoman
07-08-2002, 03:13 PM
SM, you should have gotten out of bed, I think you had better start taking some vivarin so you can get up and fish hard every day LMAO. It was a really good day, but weekdays are definately better, less people on the water!!!

Van
07-09-2002, 08:15 AM
FW/BC:

I am planning a day off from work and going out on Thursday this week. My brother-in-law is visiting from Florida so I am taking him fishing.

Will you be on the water Thursday??