View Full Version : Clothing ?

skiharder
02-14-2007, 11:33 AM
Not sure if this is the forum for this question but here it goes.

I'm looking for input on dry tops/ surf jackets. I've seen a few aquaskinz EVO 2 tops for sale and just wondering how they hold up. I'm also looking at LL bean jackets. Are they breathable for use in the summer? Most of my fishing is the CT and RI coast with an occasional trip to Block and Cuttyhunk.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Steve

toddonbi
02-14-2007, 11:44 AM
The orange Simms dry top is the best one I've had by far. It's pretty comfy. I have a aqua skins pull over as well and like it too. You will probably have to get a coffee can and put it in the neck on most dry tops to strech it out or else:eyes: I really like the breathables and as far as quality Gore tex is still the top dog if you want to shell out the money for it. Make sure you look at the seams in the wrists and make sure they are smooth-some of them gets itchy as hell. If you find a top you like and want to relax the neck gasket a bit you can cut it one small ring at a time until it feels better...but not loose. Go and try them on, not really the kind of thing you want to buy online in my opinion.

eelman
02-14-2007, 11:52 AM
Not sure if this is the forum for this question but here it goes.

I'm looking for input on dry tops/ surf jackets. I've seen a few aquaskinz EVO 2 tops for sale and just wondering how they hold up. I'm also looking at LL bean jackets. Are they breathable for use in the summer? Most of my fishing is the CT and RI coast with an occasional trip to Block and Cuttyhunk.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Steve

Check your PMs........

cheferson
02-14-2007, 11:53 AM
Simms dry top $140 at the salt water edge.

eelman
02-14-2007, 12:02 PM
I am selling mine, will be up soon...$100.00 plus shipping, worn maybe 3 or 4 times its an XL..Simms Drytop

cow tamer
02-14-2007, 12:15 PM
I like the idea about the coffee can. I'll have to give it a try.

Swimmer
02-14-2007, 12:26 PM
Ya coffee can, good friekin idea. Need something for the wrist also.

BasicPatrick
02-14-2007, 01:03 PM
I would wait a little bit before you make a final decision. Aquaskinz is coming out with two new products this Spring. The Phantom and The Nor'Easter. The nor'easter is the answer to the question all the boat and jetty guys have been asking Aquaskinz. The Phantom is well, very very special. A Semi Dry Top that has well, some really cool features...more like a wading Jacket but is , well just watch out folks...another innovation by Aquaskinz

Clogston29
02-14-2007, 01:14 PM
The aquaskinz will keep you dry but you have to baby them if you want them to last, especially the neck and wrist gaskets. I look at them as a necessary evil in my fishing gear - I need them for deep wading but I don't wear them unless I have to. Unless your gonna be deep wading and taking waves over the head where you need the dry top for safety and comfort, I would go with a wading jacket instead of a dry top. I really like the simms pac lite (long enough to get a belt over, velco/neopreane sleave closures, packable into its own pocket for carrieng on summer nights). For me, being able to get a belt over my wading jacket is important (it may not be for you) and most wading jackets are very short so that's something to consider when deciding.