View Full Version : Anyone else having this problem?

teaser
02-15-2007, 12:41 AM
When I open say like ebay for example and click on a listing then add it to my watch list, it saves it okay but then when I hit the back button it stays on that same page. It acts like it's going to go back but then it just comes right back to the same page I want to get off.:wall: I have had it happen here in StriperTalk too, I'll read a post and then hit the back button and nothing, I have to hit the damn thing like 4-5 times in a row fast to get it to go back.

I thought maybe my modem was doing it so I bought a new one and the same problem. I'm running XP Professional and just downloaded the new Internut Explorer 7 and ever since then it's done this. I have uninstalled IE7 and reinstalled it several times and still the same. Any ideas out there on how to resolve this before I hit my PC with a sledgehammer?:bsod:

Thanks!

Raven
02-15-2007, 08:15 AM
:think: have you right clicked the icon on the taskbar and clicked close...?

sorry if i'm sleepy still and you already did that...

perhaps a solution is to change your browser options
to....------->>>> open page in new (separate) window...

then you can minus them to the task bar...

there are some features i like about IE7.... indeed ,
but
the new firefox allows you to close multiple tabs which i like :uhuh:

Raven
02-15-2007, 08:30 AM
most of the time.... i have both browsers open and sometimes

i have two pages of S-B open simultaneously... either way i can go

back ..... and i will quickly click the red white and blue s-b logo
up top of the page to get transfered back to all threads.:musc:

Katie
02-15-2007, 08:29 PM
Thats because, the pages you have open are the Before and Afters. The S-b page contains your post, and the other one doesn't, and the Ebay page you'll notice how it says ' This Page is being watched ' and then you click back, and it says ' Watch This Item' -- Theres nothing wrong, you just have the Before and After pages open. :)

teaser
02-15-2007, 11:08 PM
Thats because, the pages you have open are the Before and Afters. The S-b page contains your post, and the other one doesn't, and the Ebay page you'll notice how it says ' This Page is being watched ' and then you click back, and it says ' Watch This Item' -- Theres nothing wrong, you just have the Before and After pages open. :)

Hi Katie!

I know what you mean in this statement but the page doesn't go back, it stays right on the same page after I hit the back button. :hs: It looks like its making the transition of going back a page and the screen even flickers but it doesn't go back at all unless I hit the back button really fast 4-5 times continuously. if you have any more ideas I'd really appreciate it as this is driving me nutz!:wall:
Thanks again.