View Full Version : Plugfest 2007 - Thank you everyone!

JohnR
02-17-2007, 05:14 PM
No surprise but yet again you all pulled off a tremendous PlugFest - truly awesome and inspiring work that you did.

Congrats to the winners! Pictures coming (I saw a lot of people taking pics) and all the details will be put up soon.

Thanks to Fishpart for running the door so I wouldn't get anyone sick (which I'm getting to be again so off to nap I go in 2 minutes) and big round of applause to Slipknot for all he did on putting this together for all of of us :btu:

I'm off to bed for a power nap!

Thanks & again, Congrats :btu:

Raven
02-17-2007, 05:23 PM
did anyone turn the heat back on in the plugfest middleboro building?

ProfessorM
02-17-2007, 05:23 PM
Thanks John and Bruce for a wonderful time. Great to see all, especially the ones who drove from NJ, and some new faces too. Top notch get together. P.

thefishingfreak
02-17-2007, 05:26 PM
thanks for he shirt bossman.
good seeing everyone too.

plugs were :drool:

JohnR
02-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Oh, and one more thing. I still have some more cash to give out from the prizes. Tomorrow I will pick out the rest and send some PMs out. I figure I can PayPal that money to people - I will also put up a list for the those that need to send me their addy so I can send out the award plaques - thanks again!

mikecc
02-17-2007, 05:51 PM
Had a great time . More pictures to follow

gone fishin
02-17-2007, 06:04 PM
Many Thanks --- a great plugfest for sure. It was great too see old freinds and make some new. I will post a few pictures for all. No subtitles just pics.:jump:

PNG
02-17-2007, 06:05 PM
Plugapalooza '07:jump:

I'll be picking sawdust boogers for a couple days:shocked:

gone fishin
02-17-2007, 06:06 PM
More Pics .. If I am boring you go tell Clammer

gone fishin
02-17-2007, 06:07 PM
More:jump:

gone fishin
02-17-2007, 06:08 PM
More......

gone fishin
02-17-2007, 06:08 PM
more...........

gone fishin
02-17-2007, 06:09 PM
and once more ........

Raven
02-17-2007, 06:21 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/ravenob1/IMG_0166.jpg (http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/ravenob1/IMG_0166.jpg)
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/ravenob1/IMG_0168.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/ravenob1/IMG_0171.jpg

afterhours
02-17-2007, 06:24 PM
thanks S-B!! another great gathering of some very talented people great plugs guys :claps: nice to see some old faces as well as new ones. thank you lu!!!!!! and da bum- addy.

numbskull
02-17-2007, 06:26 PM
WOW......that was fun!

tattoobob
02-17-2007, 06:33 PM
Great time, Nice seeing everyone and thanks to the guys who gave me needlefish to add to my collection THere is alot of talent on this message board

Thank you all

MAC
02-17-2007, 06:35 PM
I had a great time. Thanks everyone. Oh and who could forget....the plug. Thanks Matt

saltfly
02-17-2007, 06:41 PM
1st I'd like to thank Flaptail and Karl F for inviting me to see the "masterpieces" on display.I'm quite humbled at the work[pleasure] of you guys.As a long time rodbuilder and flytyer you've messed me -up.THANK-YOU! BRAVO-ZULU

BigFish
02-17-2007, 06:42 PM
Great seeing and speaking with so many of you guys today! Amazing, amazing plugs there to say the least!:drool: Had alot of laughs and thanks to all who put it together and worked so hard....JohnR, Slipknot and the rest of the crew!:thanks:

Slipknot
02-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Another Amazing plugfest!
I had a great time seeing all you nuts again and meeting new ones.
Thanks for all the help everyone :uhuh: Thanks to Mrs. Slip for her help, thanks to those who brought food, drinks and supplies, thanks to those who helped out setting up and breaking down, Thanks to JohnR for a great site, thanks to bassmaster for spinning wood, and to PNG also.
Great group of people you all are. Thanks to those that make the long trek to join us at Plugfest 2007, you guys from NJ are dedicated for sure. Chumbucket, Thank you so much again for "THE Plug" :) it really made my day getting that swap plug from so long ago, you put alot of effort into that one and went beyond what was ever neccesary.
Thanks to all who entered contest plugs, it makes for a fun event for all :kewl:

I took a few pictures too, I'll get the rest up later

here is one of the plug I added to the novelty contest for someone since they couldn't make it ;)
and the next pic is of the awesome shirt JohnR designed and has to get going and pre-sell some so he can place the order of 150 so we can all have some too.:wave:

Slipknot
02-17-2007, 06:45 PM
couple more

Scotties' winner and canalmans'

Slipknot
02-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Karlf gives Flap a plug

and the second pic is of my stash from today, THANK YOU ALL
I gave out and traded quite a few plugs today, good luck with them.

Diggin Jiggin
02-17-2007, 06:56 PM
Plugapalooza '07:jump:

I'll be picking sawdust boogers for a couple days:shocked:

I learned a lot from watching you, thanks for sharing the technique.
As soon as I splurge on some steb centers I'm going to give it a try!

Slipknot
02-17-2007, 07:08 PM
contest

BigFish
02-17-2007, 07:09 PM
I heard many people say, and I also said how much we missed #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& today! :wave: You were missed Scott! Feel better soon!

Bob Thomas
02-17-2007, 07:19 PM
Man..those creations are fantastic!! Wish I could have been there!

MikeCC....starting the daughter on the "Plug Poaching" early? I like it! Nice score there!

Raven
02-17-2007, 07:38 PM
GEE .... now i'm wondering if i was an old fart
or a young fart ........or a silent but deadly. :huh:

afterhours
02-17-2007, 07:43 PM
the shaman moves in mysterious ways.

nightfighter
02-17-2007, 07:46 PM
Chit Chit Chit I hate when work F's up a perfectly planned roadtrip to a Plugfest..... Looks like a good time had by all.
Great pics. Karl, are there any shots you're not in????:tooth: Classic shot of Clammer's front, and Capesam's arse! go figure... Chris, I get dose sawdust boogers most days.....blow or sneeze real hard and can knock you out!

Best Ho-ing day of the year and I missed it.

Chit Chit Chit

JohnR
02-17-2007, 07:48 PM
Scott - you were missed but Slip got the Crazy Banana up in your honor - it was even through wired!

DZ - great to see you! Thanks as well for the donated trip!

And thanks to the long drive contingent. I think today had the most traveling from NJ so far and Lou, while only 100 miles away probably had to double that to get there.

Its also funny when someone (Karl Fahrverah) makes TWO novelty plugs that he needs to enter a can of :spam: into the fishable category :tooth:

Oh, and nice delivery from Herb Reed & Sluggo on those new squid colors - also cool to see the kids getting a couple of those in addition to the adults :hihi:

I said it before and I'll say it again, big thumbs up to Slipknot (and Melissa). He has done more for Plugfest and for many many years, than anyone !

bassmaster
02-17-2007, 07:49 PM
I Ho'd some awsome plugs today , it was fun to be there and fart from the awsome viddles. Mike that popper is nice u need to sell em in ya shop. Man U bums make some nice wood! nice to meet you guys taday" awsome wood !

my plug Ho powers must be tuned a lil better :D
slip I ho'd u haha

Diggin Jiggin
02-17-2007, 07:50 PM
I didn't bring much to trade today as I haven't gotten much done this year that doesn't already have someone elses name on it :D . Next year for sure.

Moses, here's what I walked away with.

After the fest I had some plugs I needed to test swim, so I tested these too. Lower your plug does just what you said it did. Sweet.

Striperknight, I know you said your water was frozen so I tested your little darter. Its perfect, slow -moderate retrieve and an occasional twitch and it was down 12-18" with a nice tight wiggle.

PNG
02-17-2007, 08:01 PM
I learned a lot from watching you, thanks for sharing the technique.
As soon as I splurge on some steb centers I'm going to give it a try!

Pics please and if you figure something new....

ProfessorM
02-17-2007, 08:01 PM
I Ho'd some awsome plugs today ,

I'll say. Now get to work. Payback is a bitch.

Tagger
02-17-2007, 08:10 PM
It just keeps getting better,,, left there shaking ,, Lots of amazing work there .. good to see old friends . Good to see all the Jersey, RI .. Ny guys . PNG thanks for the lesson . Great hanging with the geritol gang .. New friends and new ideas thanks for brass Crash . Numby your too much ,, You really have been hitting the bottle . Flap liked your entry in the contest .. Not a shoe horn ,,no way . Slingah we'll fish soon . Larry you owe me G2. Mike @ M&D's thanks for restocking my shelves,, Mac thanks for stainless.. Great job again Slip and John putting event on ... tremendous .. circut overload .. THE PLUG !!! THE PLUG !!! THE PLUG !!!......................:jump1: :jump1: :jump1:

Tagger
02-17-2007, 08:13 PM
I'll say. Now get to work. Payback is a bitch.

Wish I took your plugs Paul .. at least I gave you something ... oneway street there..

jim mullen
02-17-2007, 08:19 PM
Another great event, thanks from Jim, Mike and Joey Mullen.
Thanks for all the information I received from everyone I talked with.

eastendlu
02-17-2007, 08:21 PM
Just got home and what can i say only that i'll be there again next year.Thanks to John and Bruce for this event as i can't even imagine all of the hard work to put this together.Also it was great seeing friends that are as nutty as i am and making some new ones too.The plugs were out of this world!!!

Slipknot
02-17-2007, 08:22 PM
The day goes by so fast, wish it lasted longer.
I forgot, thanks EastendLu :btu: for the awesome Louuuper.
When you perfect the one for the rear, let me know :D

I learned some stuff also today, and Angler#1 gave me lots of advice:kewl: Also Stan's friend. I think I'll do more plugging in the canal this year and give my back a rest from so much jigging.

Bassmaster, ya , it figures. what was it you ho? the medium yellow howdy? :smash:

Lower
02-17-2007, 08:22 PM
Had a really great time a well! Always great seeing the old friend and walking away with new ones. Seems like every year I get to know more and more of you. Makes it that much more enjoyable.

There were so many incredible plugs I can't even begin to list them. Very, very impressive work. I also have to thank you for your kind words and encouragement. It's a huge compliment coming from this croud.

Can't believe you already got that plug wet DJ! I hope you stick a nice one on it. Slip...I owe ya...blame Karl...
Vinyardblues...I'll be in touch, get the beer on ice.

Skitterpop
02-17-2007, 08:42 PM
wow

thanks for all the pics and posts...... very nice....thing is growing!

vineyardblues
02-17-2007, 08:54 PM
All I can say is WOW !!!
The plug builders are getting better then ever! What a great time I had.
Thanks to everyone who pulled this event off, Trust me it was many.
Thanks again. Things have come a long way, from Slip's house to this!
It was great to see everyone again.
Here is a picture of The Bossman with "The Plug" made by Chumbucket

VB

eastendlu
02-17-2007, 08:59 PM
Thats a great pic!!!!

vineyardblues
02-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Thats a great pic!!!!

Ya Bossman with a smile !!!

vineyardblues
02-17-2007, 09:06 PM
A couple more very Happy Campers :smokin:
VB

mikecc
02-17-2007, 09:30 PM
I Ho'd some awsome plugs today , it was fun to be there and fart from the awsome viddles. Mike that popper is nice u need to sell em in ya shop. Man U bums make some nice wood! nice to meet you guys taday" awsome wood !

my plug Ho powers must be tuned a lil better :D
slip I ho'd u haha

The problem with giving you a plug as PM found out .It's like feeding a stray dog. They don't ever leave.:cheers:

BigFish
02-17-2007, 09:44 PM
KarlF....thanks for the sweet pencil! They are my favorite...and in white no less! That one goes in the bag!:btu:

Tagger....sorry I forgot the G2....I will bring it by this week if'n you like?:ss:

And who made that stew? I had 3 bowls of it in rapid succession thinking it was beef stew and someone finally informed me it was venison stew!:drool: IT WAS AMAZING!!! I could not stop eating it!! Need bigger bowls next year!:bgi:

Slingah
02-17-2007, 10:10 PM
I had fun...always great to chew the fat with everyone
I really want to thank everyone for the plugs....Im all excided to fish them...I owe you guys....
Thanks to Bossman and Bruce for all your hard work in this great "club"

bassmaster
02-17-2007, 10:35 PM
The problem with giving you a plug as PM found out .It's like feeding a stray dog. They don't ever leave.:cheers:

ya but he was in the skunk works and when he comes here he will be shown a very special plug, but how to build it. he came along way an im glad i was the guy who helped him , he will get to date rape my Cave:wall: his needles came along way an his work is awsome now hes showin me crap!

Flaptail
02-17-2007, 10:41 PM
First, Big thanks to Slip and JohnR for putting this together. John hope you feel better.

Professor Moriarty your nutz. Wow is all I can say.

Numby, your influence and help has been a tremendous asset to my turning. The stuff you showed today was a tremendous display.

Karl you dog you. Does that bottle plug come in amber? And, should I drill two holes in the back for added water and weight in casting? Nice Danny plug btw!

Tagger is that a Beantown needle? It's fabulous! (I can talk that way since I am "artistic" (or is that autistic or George mentioned something about hormonal imbalance)

PNG, I have just the place for that exquisite ( another artsy term) little white needle!

Chum! Nice to see you and thanks for helping me out of my dilemma of choosing which plug to enter! You were right!

FishingFreak thanks for the swimming plug it's got Elizabeth Islands written all over it!

Slip great Rocket, it will get abused that's for sure.

Bassmaster you master of mental mayhem. He's back!

I am sure I am forgetting someone, sorry old age and the 70's are reaping thier braincells form my noggin.

The two plugs I had to choose from Chum helped me decide on which one which was the top one.

Looking forward to plug night at Mass Striped Bass Association!

massmike
02-18-2007, 08:23 AM
What a bunch of talented guys! My dad and I had a great time at plugfest 07. Learned a lot, talked a lot , ate a lot. Can't wait until next year. Thanks John and all the rest of you crazed fisherman . Keep in touch- Massmike/mikescustomplugs@comcast.net :thanks:

tattoobob
02-18-2007, 08:27 AM
What a bunch of talented guys! My dad and I had a great time at plugfest 07. Learned a lot, talked a lot , ate a lot. Can't wait until next year. Thanks John and all the rest of you crazed fisherman . Keep in touch- Massmike/mikescustomplugs@comcast.net :thanks:

Great looking Plugs Mike

afterhours
02-18-2007, 08:29 AM
nice meeting you and your dad mike nice work.

massmike
02-18-2007, 08:30 AM
And by the way it was my wife who made the Venison Stew.....delighted you enjoyed it! If my luck continues during bow season 07 I'll be sure to bring bigger bowls, more spoons and 2 Crock Pots to Plug Fest 08! :drool::heybaby:

Raven
02-18-2007, 08:58 AM
bigfish and I will happily do a deer drive in your direction.... :hihi:

2 crock pots... :drool: :drool: i'll be there....that i KNOW

thank your nice wife and great cook.

Diggin Jiggin
02-18-2007, 09:17 AM
A few years ago my dad brought me some venison. I invited the in-laws over and we had 'beef' stew. Everyone loved it, and they all had seconds. When dinner was over I told em it what it really was.
:bl:

No way they would have even tried it if they had known what it was ahead of time. Funny how if you don't hunt, you don't think about where your food really comes from.

ProfessorM
02-18-2007, 09:35 AM
Sorry Ed I thought I gave you something. After a while I did not know what was going on.:sleeps: I was too busy keeping an eye on BM.:lasso: Anyway I will send you something in the near future. It would be my pleasure. Pm me your addy. :kewl: P.

Backbeach Jake
02-18-2007, 09:35 AM
That was a fun, totally awesome and humbling PlugFest! The quality just gets more amazing every year.:shocked: Very inspiring! At every table there was work to gasp at , I was light-headed. Great to see everyone again!:jump:

Raven
02-18-2007, 09:46 AM
sensor overload will do that to you...

sounds like the radio went dead....

ya keep turning the "on button" on but
the bulb is way too dim barely glowing amber....

Clammer
02-18-2007, 09:54 AM
JUST GOT HOME >>>>

Great time @ both places ///

you guys are awesome // the talent is just unreal // great to see some friends & to meet new ones ..

As usual A {HUGE} thanks for Slip >>> this is his baby >>> started in his workshop on a cold ass slippery day ;;;

ANF to John .. that needless to say ..if there was no S/B .com .......none of this would happen & so many friendships never would have been formed ;;

thanks again for all the efforts .

PS .. I know I was kinda low keyed yesterday >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> But I was saving it ><><><

Now back to BED {{AGAIN}} :lurk:

Swimmer
02-18-2007, 10:21 AM
Have to get there ealrier next year. I need to witness the plug trading that goes on when the doors first open. And next year on the way I'll call in and see whats needed when Squid Kids Dad and I stop at Cirelli's. The two guys I invited were absolutely amazed at all the plugs. One of the guys has an obsessive compulsive need for plugs and was upset that he couldn't buy anything he was drooling over. They will be there early next year and I'm sure we'll see them on S-B.com

Finaddict
02-18-2007, 10:59 AM
OHH ..,. THE HORROR OF IT ALL !!!! NOW I HAVE TO GO TO A PLUG HO'S ANONYMOUS (PHA) meeting ... :rotf3:

... it was a great time ... thanks.

DZ
02-18-2007, 11:16 AM
Great job to the organizers! My favorite "show" of all - I'm plugged out. Lots of very talented builders and I can appreaciate that because I hated wood shop. I really enjoyed speaking with many of you. Spent about 10 minutes talking needles with Bassmaster which was great. Never really got to share info with him before yesterday. Parked my needle display next to Flap and Numbskull and was able to relive some old days recollections. I take pleasure in discussing "why needles were desingned like they were" as there is a reason for each shape.
The plugs up for awards were very nice - who made the pink bottle plug? It was sweet. And Peter resurrecting the Norris Needle design: incredible job!

I don't "ho" plugs but some of the guys came up to me and gave me their works of art. Photo attached but I can't remember who gave me the second one down? I suck with name retention - we need nametags next year.

Top: Guimelli "Wad" 10 inches 4.2 ounces
Second: ?
Third : ProfessorM
Fourth: Capesams

Nice work.

On another note:
I took time to read the club display over the food line and learned of how the Mitchell Memorial Club came to be. Very somber when you read a "Dear Mrs. Mitchell letter" from WWII - really put things in perspective for me. Enjoy what you have.

DZ

The Dad Fisherman
02-18-2007, 11:25 AM
Great Time Yesterday, Slip did an outstanding Job with the event as usual. I brought a friend along who is not a member and he had a blast, the great group of guys there made him feel like he's been on the site for years. I'm pretty sure he's in the Garage today putting what he learned yesterday to good use.

John R you got a great thing going here :kewl:

Food was awesome too.....who made dem meatballs....those were awesome.

It was great to meet new people and see some great pluggage. Gonna have to give that off-set turning a try, that was a great Demo.

Once agian thanx for putting on a great event.

fish4striper
02-18-2007, 12:01 PM
Great time, thanks John and Slip. Awesome plugs.

Striperknight, thanks a bunch for the plug you gave my son, he's suped to toss it.

Striperknight
02-18-2007, 12:02 PM
I had a great time. What a blast!. Some much talent in one place.
I made an effort this year to talk with as many builders as I could.
Learned a few new tricks. Made some trades(thanks all) and scored
some wood in the parking lot.
I love the plug contest tables..you never know what you are going to see. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa .... I want a baby bottle plug. Way to funny.
The offset turning demo was great.

Some of my stash :boots:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/Bigred20/score.jpg

Tagger
02-18-2007, 12:05 PM
Thanks VB ,, for you know what .. :happy:

tattoobob
02-18-2007, 12:17 PM
DZ, the second one from the top is Karl F, We both got the same BI Color

Woodbuster
02-18-2007, 12:50 PM
All I can say is WOW. It was sure worth the trip. I wish I had a chance to get to meet more of the guys. Name tags would have been helpful even though most of you guys know each other already.
I learned so much, now I just have to remember it all and sort it out!!
I saw plugs in my sleep last night:rotfl:

eastendlu
02-18-2007, 01:30 PM
Glad you made the trip woodbuster it was nice talking to you.Reminder to myself --i have make more plugs to trade with as i never seem to have enough.:jump:

zacs
02-18-2007, 01:32 PM
great to see old friends and meet new people.

so much fun.

Thanks S-B!!!

Zac

Fishpart
02-18-2007, 02:04 PM
Great meeting all o fyou guys. The advantage ot working the door is that it helps you put some faces with names....

I ned to try that off center stuff......

I'll quietly go back to making wjat I call painted sticks compared when compared to what I saw yesterday...

Arne P
02-18-2007, 02:08 PM
Great event! Thanks to Slip and John and everyone involved. Chum and I had a real good time.
It was great to see some old friends again and to talk to a few more builders that I have been wanting to meet. The work you guys do is absolutely amazing.
When I see the names in this thread, it seems I missed meeting some more people I would have liked to talk to. Hopefully that will happen next time. :kewl:
Hope to be up your way again soon. Thanks for making me feel welcome. :)

Mr. Sandman
02-18-2007, 04:09 PM
I don't build plugs but I truly appreciate the skill level, talent, and time that some of you guys put into this unique art form. I am glad I stopped in and checked out all the activity which can only described as a cult-like.
I did learn a couple things and can't wait to give it try someday. To watch that fellow do an asymmetric turning and create a tapered fish like body in both directions was cool. I thought for sure that was going to fly off the chuck and take someone out. But the finished produced was very slick. Sorry I didn't get to talk to everyone. Nametags with screen names would be a good idea.

Striperknight
02-18-2007, 05:49 PM
Great time, thanks John and Slip. Awesome plugs.

Striperknight, thanks a bunch for the plug you gave my son, he's suped to toss it.

No problem!
I want a full report from you guys on how it performs.

Bob Thomas
02-18-2007, 05:58 PM
You know what...maybe it was better that I did not go. I could NEVER compete or even come close with my creations to all the creations I've seen here. All your work is truly amazing to see. Wish I could have seen it in person.

Great job folks....great job!

ProfessorM
02-18-2007, 06:43 PM
Bob you would have had a ball. There is no competitive atmosphere. It is all fun and enjoying and learning at all skill levels. Very refreshing. Always walk away learning something from someone.

Bob Thomas
02-18-2007, 06:52 PM
yep no competition, how can ya compete with a guy who machines his own custom swivels! :hihi:...
Paul.. yer the nutz!

:eyes: :eyes:

Wish I coulda been there. Work had be locked up all week/weekend. Next year for SURE! :musc:

Dr.fish
02-18-2007, 08:20 PM
Last yaer was my first encounter with the gang from SB...it was great...must admit it was another great day. Mickecc...thanks for your efforts for all of us. Tagger...Ya, whose older...you or me...LOL...Chum great to meat you and the talk about Charlie Murat, it was a real trip down memory lane for me...Vinyardblues...dang, didn't get to meet you...you'd have like the Murat stories...YA, I'm still the PROUD OWNER OF 2 MUREELS that Charlie gave to my dad and me.
massmike...don't forget to "adjust" the eel skin...and dam n it fish it...it's a great plug...remember...get them skins lookin' blue...LOL. Hi to your dad...now THERE'S the look of a seasoned vet!

BTW sorry gents for not posting something about wood. I am still close friends with a guy that owns and opperates a sawmill. His main products are shingles... and I'd be willing to bet that we all know what they are made out of!!! I had a load for Eastendlu and NJDon and Stripercrazy took what I had extra. Before the meeting next year I'll post his lates prices...I ONLY DO THIS FOR PLUG BUILDERS ON 2...MAYBE 3 SITES when there is a get together. If I know at least a week or 2 in advance he'll cut some stock for me. If you want TRUE 2" X 2" pieces HE CAN DELIVER!. I don't make a penny...well that might not be "true"...I'll get a couple of "free" sticks, but his friendship is worth much more. We sit and sip a wine now and then that his old pal makes...NO WOOD CUTTIN" on those days!!!:cheers:

Dr.fish
02-18-2007, 08:22 PM
Last yaer was my first encounter with the gang from SB...it was great...must admit it was another great day. Mickecc...thanks for your efforts for all of us. Tagger...Ya, whose older...you or me...LOL...Chum great to meat you and the talk about Charlie Murat, it was a real trip down memory lane for me...Vinyardblues...dang, didn't get to meet you...you'd have like the Murat stories...YA, I'm still the PROUD OWNER OF 2 MUREELS that Charlie gave to my dad and me.
massmike...don't forget to "adjust" the eel skin...and dam n it fish it...it's a great plug...remember...get them skins lookin' blue...LOL. Hi to your dad...now THERE'S the look of a seasoned vet!

BTW sorry gents for not posting something about wood. I am still close friends with a guy that owns and opperates a sawmill. His main products are shingles... and I'd be willing to bet that we all know what they are made out of!!! I had a load for Eastendlu and NJDon and Stripercrazy took what I had extra. Before the meeting next year I'll post his lates prices...I ONLY DO THIS FOR PLUG BUILDERS ON 2...MAYBE 3 SITES when there is a get together. If I know at least a week or 2 in advance he'll cut some stock for me. If you want TRUE 2" X 2" pieces HE CAN DELIVER!. I don't make a penny...well that might not be "true"...I'll get a couple of "free" sticks, but his friendship is worth much more. We sit and sip a wine now and then that his old pal makes...NO WOOD CUTTIN" on those days!!!:cheers

justplugit
02-18-2007, 08:46 PM
What more can be said, spending a day with "the best of the best" and being on plug overload-- Priceless. :btu:

Thanks to all you guys. :btu:

Cranium
02-19-2007, 04:18 AM
Bruce and John R thank you for all the time and effort you put into plugfest, I had a great time. It was great to meet a lot of you guys and make some trades. Numbskull and tagger thanks for the advice on making that angle cut, I Think I know what I will do. Fred I want my race plug back. The nice thing about an event like this, is meeting people you have "talked" to for a while. Karl. Lou.Backbeachjake, Prof M, numbskull, Raven.....Thanks again for the good time

justplugit
02-19-2007, 09:58 AM
PS .. I know I was kinda low keyed yesterday >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

YEAH right,--------- :rotf2: :laughs: :rotf2:

Tagger
02-19-2007, 10:02 AM
Where was Charleston ?

Raven
02-19-2007, 10:07 AM
musta been creeper weed

eastendlu
02-19-2007, 11:10 AM
Where was Charleston ?

Thats what happens when you take the stagecoach.Giddy up Bill.:rotf2:

ProfessorM
02-19-2007, 11:34 AM
Thanks Lu for the looper and the view of the molds. I really appreciate the tool. I know how limited your time is being pulled in many directions at once. The bain of being in a trade that makes stuff you could use in plugmaking. Keep up the good work and thanks. Hey how about a trade for one of those bottles. They look sweet and I have something you might use. Got too sidetracked to talk plugs with you on Sat.

ProfessorM
02-19-2007, 11:37 AM
Hey Chris, PNG, a friend of mine talked to Stan K. yesterday at a bait shop and he is still in awe of your off center turning demo. He was still very excited about all he saw and the quality of all the workmanship. 85 and still giddy about fishing, we should all be so lucky.

sks
02-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Well I've officially joined this site. So I go by Sarge here but aka SKS. I met afew of you last year and a few more this year. Ya, you guys turn out some really nice stuff, it a little humbling. Just means I have room to improve. Everytime I learn something knew. Space is limited for me and where I can work so no lathe, yet and still doing the rattle can thing. Thanks for letting me into your group, will be talking and hopefully meeting moreo fyou guys and of course trying to Ho some plugs. I'm new to that so I really don't know how that works, any tips. Later guys, had a Good time, thanks everyone, Shut Up and FISH !

mikecc
02-19-2007, 12:18 PM
welcome Sarge

love the plugs. your hand carves are great.

ProfessorM
02-19-2007, 12:31 PM
Also a big thanks to Mike for the very generous gift I was able to win in the raffle. And to the fabricator of the SS rod holder I also won. Thanks. I also love the plugs too Sarge. Thanks for the trade. P.

Charleston
02-19-2007, 12:44 PM
Where was Charleston ?

Charleston was sitting here in Jersey wishing he had set up a car pool.
Tolerating the states od NY and CT in the summer is bad enough but in the winter it really sucks.
Sorry I missed you guys. I'll be at Plug Bash '07 in the fall. I have no plans on feeding seals in Mass this year so I'll hang in RI if that's where we have it.
By the looks of the pics you guys really blew the fishing world away with your stuff!! Also it looked anyone that's anyone in the plug building world was in attendance. Well done.

Tagger
02-19-2007, 12:46 PM
Wish you told me you weren't coming Bill .. I walked around all day with my sleeves rolled up for nothing .

Charleston
02-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Wish you told me you weren't coming Bill .. I walked around all day with my sleeves rolled up for nothing .

Probably just as well Ed, you would not have wanted to be out of work this week :eek5:

Tagger
02-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Probably just as well Ed, you would not have wanted to be out of work this week :eek5:

there's always next year ... That gives you plenty of time to practice falling down . :rotf2:

PNG
02-19-2007, 01:02 PM
Hey Chris, PNG, a friend of mine talked to Stan K. yesterday at a bait shop and he is still in awe of your off center turning demo. He was still very excited about all he saw and the quality of all the workmanship. 85 and still giddy about fishing, we should all be so lucky.

Thanks Paul. I'm in awe that he is. That guy is Mecca. Thanks Tagger for introducing us and also Angler1. I'd like to see Stans shop. That would be something.

Tagger we never finalized something...:angel:

Clammer
02-19-2007, 01:13 PM
SARGE >> WELCOME ...>>alais

SLOW >>>>KOCKS >>>>>>>SINK :huh:

eastendlu
02-19-2007, 02:39 PM
Thanks Lu for the looper and the view of the molds. I really appreciate the tool. I know how limited your time is being pulled in many directions at once. The bain of being in a trade that makes stuff you could use in plugmaking. Keep up the good work and thanks. Hey how about a trade for one of those bottles. They look sweet and I have something you might use. Got too sidetracked to talk plugs with you on Sat.

Sure Paul i'm going to start turning another batch i'll pm you when i got them primed so you can tell me what color or colors you like.I had a good critique on the bender from afterhours and thought of a good way of improveing it on the way home i'll make one and post a pic for you when its done.
Bill missed you at the gathering bud.I'll see you at the next one hopefully i'll have a plug for you thats if it don't get ho'ed.:fishslap:

ProfessorM
02-19-2007, 02:45 PM
Great Lu. Look forward to it.. I will put one away till your ready. P.

Tagger
02-19-2007, 02:49 PM
Welcome SKS Sarge .. I know you ... Stick around ... PNG .. didn't we do this last year while in Nike world .. Glad I saw your demo before handcarving more Point Judes.. Was familar with off center making oblong tadpole shape never nice oval stuff ... need steb centers .

PNG
02-19-2007, 03:23 PM
Welcome SKS Sarge .. I know you ... Stick around ... PNG .. didn't we do this last year while in Nike world .. Glad I saw your demo before handcarving more Point Judes.. Was familar with off center making oblong tadpole shape never nice oval stuff ... need steb centers .

Does that mean were are insane..

tattoobob
02-19-2007, 04:10 PM
Pic of Striper Knights School of fish plug

Jigman
02-19-2007, 07:13 PM
Looks like it was a success! Too bad its so far away. A little too far to do for a weekend trip for me.

Jigman

ThrowingTimber
02-19-2007, 08:02 PM
Had a great time thanks for organizing the event!!

Lu that was awesome I appreciate you having taken the time to give that explanation Back to making more sawdust :wave:

chumbucket
02-19-2007, 10:58 PM
Plugfest '07 was great!!!
Biggest thanks to Slipknot for this GTG going back to the"Garage Years"
Thanks to our leader John R. for his work and site without which I wouldn't know half the striper fishermen I consider great friends...
Big thanks to Arne P. and Vineyardblues.
The amazing level of talent : Rockfish9 and his great plug designs and paint. Flaptail's awesome new designs. Numbskull's innovations and Tagger's great display was top-notch as usual.
PNG for the awesome turning tutorial.
Bassmaster showing how it's done on the lathe...
Thanks to: Mr Moriarty Metal master and raffle king....
EastEndLu's great pluggage and machine talent...
new friends Cranium and Aquaman , thank you...
Angler #1 and DrFish = always learn something about our sport and history.
The Legend Stan Kuzia.
Mike M&D for bringing the supplies...and so many more ....
....great friends and great food thank you and plugs, plugs, plugs...
Chum
p.s. Thanks to the Crazy Swappers for waiting so long for the "slowest builder in plug-making history"

Rockfish9
02-20-2007, 07:30 AM
I havent had much time to read this thread, I'll catch up on it latter today..

Fantastic event, my first of it's kind, great to be around so many talented people, wish I had had a chance to talk to everyone, I still havent got my voice back!

I didnt realize until I had got there I had forgotten my camera, my only regret of the day...

thanks to John and all the others that made this great event possible...