View Full Version : Inverted Metal Lip

ChiefLinesider
02-18-2007, 03:12 PM
Holographic tape. Inverted metal lip. I thought it would be cool to have a metal lip that you could work all different depths with, & sinks when you stall the retrieve. Its a bit more than 3oz. Have yet to test it out but heres the prototype. I have no idea how the design will swim.

It swims in a lazy S shaped pattern towards the surface in my head, maybe flutters as it sinks. But will stay at one depth @ the right retrieve speed. :hihi:

numbskull
02-18-2007, 04:54 PM
I've experimented some with the same idea. If it doesn't swim, you might try drilling a hole in the tip of the lip for a split ring, and then pull the plug from there.

Diggin Jiggin
02-18-2007, 05:02 PM
Yup, I've got 3 small heavy birch blanks turned for the very same purpose, mine are eel shaped about 3/4 to 1" in diameter. I'm gonna load em with lead and try rubber on the back half like I did with a floating one. At some point it will trun into a jig, at which point I may as well scrap the idea and use an eel tin/squid but its worth a try.

ChiefLinesider
02-18-2007, 05:19 PM
I've experimented some with the same idea. If it doesn't swim, you might try drilling a hole in the tip of the lip for a split ring, and then pull the plug from there.

thats a great idea. :kewl: Sounds like it would be alot more stable.