View Full Version : Do you know your customs ?

Tagger
02-18-2007, 08:49 PM
1 st one to get them all I'll make them a plug of your choice.. You know my crap .. Clues ... not all are members here... I made one of the plugs ,but we'll go by the name of artist that painted the light house nike.. There may be multible plugs from one builder.. Good Luck ..
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k134/tagger-02/contestcust.jpg

The Dad Fisherman
02-18-2007, 08:53 PM
I can name about 8 of them...thats about it

Slipknot
02-18-2007, 09:02 PM
TOP LEFT -

Canalman
02-18-2007, 09:02 PM
oooooh I just don;t know 2!

Nebe
02-18-2007, 09:03 PM
afterhours' wife ......... tagger ....... gsry2

berzy ................. chumbucket ............. mike fixter
ryan smith
fishing freak ............. ? ................... tagger

fishing freak ................. capesams ................. chumbucket

Gary2 ............. mac......

Canalman
02-18-2007, 09:05 PM
left
Killie paint/tagger body
Bernzy
Rm Smith
Freak
IFG??
Slip

Frog - Etch a Sketch

middle:
Tagger?
mac
Chum
_______
Capesams
Gary2

Right:
Gary 2
Fixter
Numbskull
Chum
mac

Slipknot
02-18-2007, 09:16 PM
killie
bernzy
ryan Smith
FFreak painted it, I turned it actually
gimme a moment -mac
slip

Etch = frog thing

middle row top down
i have one of those too :btu: eastendlu
chumbuckets, bunker and I think that is his little plug there too or Mac
Koouuzzz
capesams
gary2

last row-
gary2
fixter
numbskull
chum
hatchet Mac :btu:

close?

Canalman
02-18-2007, 09:17 PM
OK I have to quit.... good luck looking for that orange bloofish bomb slip :hee:

Slipknot
02-18-2007, 09:27 PM
ya, that is the kicker

ProfessorM
02-18-2007, 09:32 PM
That is a Stan K. The orange one. I should get a plug just for that one

Tagger
02-18-2007, 09:35 PM
Slip your close ... Your off one in thes first row ....your off one in the second row.. Thats a hard one ,,not a member..some guys may know ..
and I'm not sure you guessed the little fish opposite side of the frog ... by itself ..

Slipknot
02-18-2007, 09:40 PM
I just pm'd before I saw PM's reply
and said

is it a Kuzia

Tagger
02-18-2007, 09:43 PM
your still off one in the first row ... and the little fish by itself ..

eastendlu
02-18-2007, 09:46 PM
I just lost 1billion brain cells trying to figure them all out :tooth: .Slip got alot of them right more than i could so i'm not even goung to try since he named some i did not know of untill he posted and thanks Paul did not know that one either.Hey i should get a plug just for not knowing nuttin.:tooth:

Slipknot
02-18-2007, 09:47 PM
little fish, I thought was mac

1st row
jointed, is that adamR

ProfessorM
02-18-2007, 09:47 PM
The Nike is not an afterhours paint job is it ? Some guy and his wife on the left coast I think. am i warm. Lu the only way I knew the orange bomb was he showed me one a few months ago

Tagger
02-18-2007, 09:49 PM
The Nike is not an afterhours paint job is it ? Some guy and his wife on the left coast I think. am i warm

your ice cold

Slipknot
02-18-2007, 09:49 PM
having internet troubles here, she keeps unplugging it because it's running slow :wall:

I'm close I know

ProfessorM
02-18-2007, 09:50 PM
story of my life. I'm stumped. uncle.

eastendlu
02-18-2007, 09:53 PM
your ice cold

Thats brutal!:fishslap:

Slipknot
02-18-2007, 09:55 PM
17 out of 18 :wall:

Ummm, that is a nice plug

ProfessorM
02-18-2007, 09:58 PM
VB painted one of his prized Nikes after a bender one nite.:uhuh: He has a lot of hidden talents after seeing that Norris needle thing he entered.

Tagger
02-18-2007, 09:58 PM
Slip .. that is not Capesams plug in the first row ... you are wrong on the Gamsby Wiglet..

Tagger
02-18-2007, 10:02 PM
you talking about that yellow one?

jointed .... yes

Tagger
02-18-2007, 10:04 PM
little fish, I thought was mac

1st row
jointed, is that adamR

nope

ProfessorM
02-18-2007, 10:04 PM
stab in the dark Crash for the yellow one

Tagger
02-18-2007, 10:06 PM
stab in the dark Crash for the yellow one

nope ...

ProfessorM
02-18-2007, 10:06 PM
Hint. Did you get it yesterday? How old is it? I'm shivering

Slipknot
02-18-2007, 10:09 PM
nope

chum

Slipknot
02-18-2007, 10:11 PM
youy'll have to excuse me for a moment, I have to go downstairs and stare at my chum special(THE plug) :)

ProfessorM
02-18-2007, 10:12 PM
I'd have that thing sitting on my dresser like VB's daughter does.

Tagger
02-18-2007, 10:12 PM
http://www.shorelinebt.com/id9.html

Very surprised .. Well known builder worked his arse off reproduciing this .. has a sliding weight inside and all held together with brass cotter pins and soddered

ProfessorM
02-18-2007, 10:13 PM
Sorry Peter that didn't sound right. I meant well.

Slipknot
02-18-2007, 10:14 PM
stripersniper did sliding weights
I have one of his plugs, he used to wrap rods

ProfessorM
02-18-2007, 10:15 PM
Nice stuff. I hadn't a clue.

ProfessorM
02-18-2007, 10:16 PM
CS. Last guess. I am going to bed.

Slipknot
02-18-2007, 10:16 PM
I'd have that thing sitting on my dresser like VB's daughter does.

it will be prominately displayed in a glass case, wait till you see the case I build for it :soon:

NIB
02-18-2007, 10:17 PM
The wigglet is macs..So is the 2 fish tail lures.
I'm surprised Tagger didn't recognize the Kuzia.

Tagger
02-18-2007, 10:19 PM
The wigglet is macs..So is the 2 fish tail lures.
I'm surprised Tagger didn't recognize the Kuzia.

I know what they are ... Stan gave it to me ... You know all of them Nib ...

ProfessorM
Thanks good nite

Slipknot
Oh that's the wiglet, I remember that link, I want to make one now, Again. not enough time in the day, so many plugs :hihi:

Paul, this week if I finish some tailhooks, you can borrow my vise, or just come get it Wed. either way OK

Slipknot
02-18-2007, 10:20 PM
Mac made the yellow one

ProfessorM
02-18-2007, 10:22 PM
Thanks Bruce I appreciate it.

Tagger
02-18-2007, 10:22 PM
Slip ... You win ..I was pulling for you ... you did all the work .. I don't know if many here know etch or Killies work ..

NIB
02-18-2007, 10:25 PM
I know what they are ... Stan gave it to me ... You know all of them Nib ...

The only one I did not know was the Batmobile darter.I would guess u made it though..
I have seen striper swipers plugs for sale commercially.here in NJ..

Slipknot
02-18-2007, 10:27 PM
No problem Paul

thanks tagger, it was fun, even with the internet being unplugged several times while trying to post and read

I always wanted Killie to do a plug to give to my dad, he loves lighthouses, just never got around to asking him, does he still post over there.
etch makes some real unique stuff

Tagger
02-18-2007, 10:29 PM
1st row top to bottom
Killie
Bernzy
RM Smith
Fishing Freak
Mac
Slipknot

2nd row
Eastendlu
Chumbucket
Stan Kuzia
Capesams
Gary2

3rd row
Gary2
Mike Fixter
Numbskull
Chumbucket
Mac

The 2 little ones alone the Frog is Etch a Sketch from canada and the little fish is retired lure builder Mac ..

Tagger
02-18-2007, 10:35 PM
No problem Paul

thanks tagger, it was fun, even with the internet being unplugged several times while trying to post and read

I always wanted Killie to do a plug to give to my dad, he loves lighthouses, just never got around to asking him, does he still post over there.
etch makes some real unique stuff

Killie is a great guy .. pm him over there .. work whatever deal works for the both of you ,, I sent him a blank Nike because it was big .. He is very slow though ... I mean like a year .. Etch makes killer freshwater stuff .. His frogs are mint ,, does alot of hand painting on his stuff ...
Let me know what you want me to build and I'll get buisy .

NIB
02-18-2007, 10:38 PM
I did not know Numbshull made the little fish tail plug..
I was pretty sure it was not mac's.Altough i remember him makin em with the groves in the tail.The size had me confused.

Tagger
02-18-2007, 10:39 PM
The only one I did not know was the Batmobile darter.I would guess u made it though..

I don't see no darter there Nib .. ????? I like the idea of a batmobile darter... maybe next years plugfest entry ..

Slipknot
02-18-2007, 10:42 PM
I was pretty sure it was not mac's.Altough i remember him makin em with the groves in the tail.The size had me confused.

the fancy one with the eyes and hair was numbskull, not the little one

Tagger
02-18-2007, 10:43 PM

Nib ... . That darter type is Numbskulls .. He calls it a Surf Hootie... Girls face when you see it from the front with long blonde hair ... Mac did make the little fish .
I'm surprised you did know the Stan Kuzia plug ..

spence
02-19-2007, 07:50 AM
Ok, here's my guess.

1st row top to bottom
Killie
Bernzy
RM Smith
Fishing Freak
Mac
Slipknot

2nd row
Eastendlu
Chumbucket
Stan Kuzia
Capesams
Gary2

3rd row
Gary2
Mike Fixter
Numbskull
Chumbucket
Mac

The 2 little ones alone the Frog is Etch a Sketch from canada and the little fish is retired lure builder Mac ..

Did I win? :musc:

-spence

NIB
02-19-2007, 08:36 AM
Nib ... . That darter type is Numbskulls .. He calls it a Surf Hootie... Girls face when you see it from the front with long blonde hair ... Mac did make the little fish .
I'm surprised you did know the Stan Kuzia plug ..

So the only thing i did not know was Numbskulls thing with the hair on it..
I feel weird even saying that.
I was not sure in the painted thing was Killie's or Don's wifes..
I remember the Kouzia by the weight on the outside.U had posted them before..
I look all the time but i mostly don't comment much..
U know why..:D

Tagger
02-19-2007, 08:37 AM
lol ,,nice try ...its over

NIB
02-19-2007, 08:38 AM
Ok, here's my guess.

1st row top to bottom
Killie
Bernzy
RM Smith
Fishing Freak
Mac
Slipknot

2nd row
Eastendlu
Chumbucket
Stan Kuzia
Capesams
Gary2

3rd row
Gary2
Mike Fixter
Numbskull
Chumbucket
Mac

Did I win? :musc:

-spence

Nice U got em all but ur too late..
It's over Johnee.

Tagger
02-19-2007, 08:45 AM
So the only thing i did not know was Numbskulls thing with the hair on it..
I feel weird even saying that.
I was not sure in the painted thing was Killie's or Don's wifes..
I remember the Kouzia by the weight on the outside.U had posted them before..
I look all the time but i mostly don't comment much..
U know why..:D

No .. I was pretty sure you always comment .. That Numbskull thing was a one of a kind "Plugfest"contest entry he made goofing on me . It was looked at as a joke in the contest but if you take a second look its an amazing piece of work in handcarve. I don't know who's hair it is.

NIB
02-19-2007, 09:02 AM
it's certainly not my hair...

numbskull
02-19-2007, 09:08 AM
Hey Eddie.....here's a tough question.....which of those plugs would you be comfortable using (and maybe losing)? Seem's like there is always a dilemma when you give or get plugs from other builders. The nicer you try and make them, the less likely they are to get used.

From the ones you've shown, I'd throw the Bernzy, Smith, Slip's, and Lu's. What criteria do people go on when deciding what to fish?

Tagger
02-19-2007, 09:29 AM
Good one George .. You don't know the history .. means something to me .. Bernzy Howdy I got in a swap I think 5 yrs. ago .. Thats first time , first run he ever made a Howdy .. Lu's I have another to throw. I just like that plug and lu's work enough to showcase it .. Slips I like the design of the pencil and thats a Fishing freak paint job on it .. may copy the pencil to throw . Ryans is on the fence .. they are sold commercialy so I can get another and I don't have many jointed plugs although I do have more RM Smiths .. I might have to get that one wet .

Tagger
02-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Nib ... this is for you .. Note bruise on thumb nail ,, Hit it hard with a hammer 3 months ago , You should have been there .
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k134/tagger-02/hootieface.jpg

Tagger
02-19-2007, 09:41 AM
Slip ,, check it out .. Cotter pin construction and soddered like orig .. not sure about wire tail loop .. Mac probably couldn't find a cotter pin that long .. Nose pin is looped on the end inside . belly pin is pushed up thru the nose loop , thru a washer and soddered on top ..Plus the slidinding weight inside . Mac made them thru wired too .. Not sure how many he made like this .. truly amazing craftmans ship .. What it will fetch on ebay ? maybe my kids will know . I never want to sell it ..ever .
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k134/tagger-02/macpins.jpg
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k134/tagger-02/cotpins.jpg
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k134/tagger-02/pinplug.jpg
Gamsby Wig-lit by Mac ... if you missed it ..

Slipknot
02-19-2007, 10:17 AM
Nice Eddie, Thanks

Numbskull, Tagger is right, you have to know the history when determining if you can get yourself to fish a plug. I usually try not to fish a plug if it's the only one I have of a certain builder, although I have in the past and regretted it losing them. I will fish Rockfish9's plug I got this year, it's one of the largest I have, and maybe I can trade with him again in the near future, I'd love one of his giant jointeds, I just didn't feel I had anything worthy of trading for one on Sat.
I try to make my plug nice enough to fish so guys will use them, but not so nice they become wall hangers, I don't mind it if they save them either. The tiger needles I made really are a lot of work and I'm glad so many that got them have saved them.

MAC
02-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Slip ,, check it out .. Cotter pin construction and soddered like orig .. not sure about wire tail loop .. Mac probably couldn't find a cotter pin that long .. Nose pin is looped on the end inside . belly pin is pushed up thru the nose loop , thru a washer and soddered on top ..Plus the slidinding weight inside . Mac made them thru wired too .. Not sure how many he made like this .. truly amazing craftmans ship .. What it will fetch on ebay ? maybe my kids will know . I never want to sell it ..ever .
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k134/tagger-02/macpins.jpg
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k134/tagger-02/cotpins.jpg
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k134/tagger-02/pinplug.jpg
Gamsby Wig-lit by Mac ... if you missed it ..

I only made 2 like this with the cotter pins if I remember correctly. (That yellow one was the nicest one) That is extremely close to an original. Right down to the tail wire. The brass cotter pins have to be marked and cut, then soldered before putting into the body. The bottom grommet is then added and the loop bent back to semi round.

The joint is stainless steel toilet chain like the original

Tagger
02-19-2007, 11:12 AM
That Pic is screwy ... camera angle,,, something .. Looks like front loop is much smaller in Pic ... not like Mac ... Just checked the plug ... they are both exactly the same . :read:

ProfessorM
02-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Nice job Dave. I never saw that before. Nice craftsmanship.

capesams
02-19-2007, 04:45 PM
Two winter's ago,maybe 3 I think it was when I showed Mac how to do the c-pins..the first run gamsby made were from reg. old hook hanger's in the joint..same one's ccb and other's used to hang their hooks from....Mac took it up a notch and used the T-chain which has more movement then the hook hangers ever would.The c-pins are put through a link in the chain holding the chain in place...this is done on both front and back of the plug.

NIB
02-19-2007, 09:58 PM
Hey Eddie.....here's a tough question.....which of those plugs would you be comfortable using (and maybe losing)? Seem's like there is always a dilemma when you give or get plugs from other builders. The nicer you try and make them, the less likely they are to get used.

From the ones you've shown, I'd throw the Bernzy, Smith, Slip's, and Lu's. What criteria do people go on when deciding what to fish?

Once I determine a use or a fit in my line up.Replaceability Is a big factor.I have some one of a kinds I only break out in certain circumstance's.I would thro Lu's BD.Like i have used the bannana..
Some plugs i just like too much to not too thro.It's weird.I have a few of larry's original BD's but i am petrified to use em.I know if i loose it it would be the end.But there are nights it is in the bag.most times they just go for the ride as I can't get myself to use em.I thro all my pinchney's they.They just work to good...My Musso darter's stay at home...I really can't think of too many that I own that i would not thro..I have a Big Pikie made buy MAC.It was a gift for putting together the auction..I'll never thro that..Pretty much if someone makes me a plug an says use it I'll beat it up..

NIB
02-19-2007, 10:01 PM
Two winter's ago,maybe 3 I think it was when I showed Mac how to do the c-pins..the first run gamsby made were from reg. old hook hanger's in the joint..same one's ccb and other's used to hang their hooks from....Mac took it up a notch and used the T-chain which has more movement then the hook hangers ever would.The c-pins are put through a link in the chain holding the chain in place...this is done on both front and back of the plug.

Now that is cool I never noticed that either.
Steve, didn't u also make some..

eastendlu
02-19-2007, 10:06 PM
You can fish my plugs anytime it is an honor for me just having you guys consider using them.Fish them hard fellas as you know were to find me and i'll make you some more.:bl:

NIB
02-19-2007, 10:07 PM
Nib ... this is for you .. Note bruise on thumb nail ,, Hit it hard with a hammer 3 months ago , You should have been there .
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k134/tagger-02/hootieface.jpg

Thats wild..
For eyes only Eddie..
Ur right. I do wish i was there when u hit ur thumb with a hammer thats always good for a laugh..Ha Ha.

Slipknot
02-19-2007, 11:08 PM
Once I determine a use or a fit in my line up.

.Pretty much if someone makes me a plug an says use it I'll beat it up..

well when are you gonna beat up that blue pikie I sent you 2 or 3 springs ago?:read: I wanna see pics like you said.:chatter

chumbucket
02-19-2007, 11:23 PM
Wow, I had no idea the Wig-lit had such hardware.
Kudo's to Mac for replicating such a complicated plug.
I couldn't name half those plugs Slipknot, nice job.

ThrowingTimber
02-20-2007, 12:09 AM
That dude that painted stuff on his breack the painted the top left. Its taggers body though. killie
Second from top left is bernzy.
Third from top left is ryan.
4th from top is a maple freak plug, with a firetiger pattern.
5th from top is a mac wigglit.
botton is turned by slip painted by freak.
frog is etch cant tell need closer pic may be shannons work though. Like I said closed pic would be better.
Top mid lu bottle darter.
below that off to the side mac
below and more towards center is chum
below that is tagger, 1st rendition of the "big dave"
below that is laminated mac
bottom shown is gary 2
top right is gary 2
pikie is mike fixter.
numbskull, darter blonde girl
Chumbucket - warbird I call it.
Bottom right is mac.

NIB
02-20-2007, 05:42 AM
U have 2 wrong an ur 2 days too late
Did u even look at the thread??
The laminated Noriis squid is CapeSam's.
Why is he capesam if his name is steve.??
The one above it was made by Stan Kuzia.

NIB
02-20-2007, 05:43 AM
well when are you gonna beat up that blue pikie I sent you 2 or 3 springs ago?:read: I wanna see pics like you said.:chatter

Um,
So many plugs so little time??

capesams
02-20-2007, 07:15 AM

live on the cape
cape is all sand
sam is my sons name
instead of saying capesands..it became capesams

it was the best I could come up with at the time.

John E
02-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Do I see the "PLUG"? I thought it was only a figment of the plug builders imagination.

Tagger
02-20-2007, 06:12 PM
Two winter's ago,maybe 3 I think it was when I showed Mac how to do the c-pins..the first run gamsby

I remember you were doing it with the Norris Squid first ..

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k134/tagger-02/norris.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k134/tagger-02/nornose.jpg

Tagger
02-20-2007, 06:13 PM
Do I see the "PLUG"? I thought it was only a figment of the plug builders imagination.

It wasn't a dream ... Its real ... its here with me now .. :humpty:

MAC
02-20-2007, 06:14 PM
I remember you were doing it with the Norris Squid first ..

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k134/tagger-02/norris.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k134/tagger-02/nornose.jpg

Ed must have CRS :laughs: I told him when I gave it to him how it was done. Even showed him the pics Steve sent me. :whackin:

Tagger
02-20-2007, 06:31 PM
:smash: HUH ?????

MAC
02-20-2007, 06:43 PM
:smash: HUH ?????

on the soldered hanger.:hs: :laughs:

Tagger
02-20-2007, 07:36 PM
on the soldered hanger.:hs: :laughs:

that was like a friccin year ago .. How I suppose to remember that . :rude:

capesams
02-20-2007, 08:18 PM
Mac..be nice to Tagger,,he's still wondering where the power cord goes into his spoke shave...I can't any credit for using c-pins , others did it long before me.

Tagger
02-20-2007, 08:21 PM
Mac..be nice to Tagger,,he's still wondering where the power cord goes into his spoke shave...I can't any credit for using c-pins , others did it long before me.

Hey ... you got your pm's shut off ? I was goining to PM you something I can't say here .. $%$%%##&^%#$@##*$$%%$&^%$$%#^%$$&*(*^&^%&(*()*)*_()_)*&(%^%&&*%^^%$%&()**^#$^&%^&(_)_*(&%^*#%$%^&(&*^%$

eastendlu
02-20-2007, 08:27 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!

Karl F
02-20-2007, 08:29 PM
:rotfl: Classic.. :hihi:

capesams
02-20-2007, 09:47 PM
Hey ... you got your pm's shut off ? I was goining to PM you something I can't say here .. $%$%%##&^%#$@##*$$%%$&^%$$%#^%$$&*(*^&^%&(*()*)*_()_)*&(%^%&&*%^^%$%&()**^#$^&%^&(_)_*(&%^*#%$%^&(&*^%$

Dang!.....Tagger has clammatieist.....:eek:

bassmaster
02-20-2007, 11:56 PM
LOL

ThrowingTimber
02-21-2007, 01:49 PM

hahaha not bad 2 wrong for not looking at teh rest of the thread :rotfl: