View Full Version : Deval Patrick

Raider Ronnie
02-21-2007, 06:19 PM
On the news they are giving a list of some of the spending this clown has been doing for his office (with OUR tax dollars)
More than $4000 for 2 couches
More that $10000 for drapes
and a bunch more things to a total of more than $27000
Where the hell does this guy shop !!! surely he could have gone to Bobs or Jordans, bought 2 of their most expensive couches and not spent even 1/2 for what those 2 couches cost us !
Not to mention the Caddy costing over $47000, for him to sit in the back seat !!!, the guys on WEEI were calling him "Coupe Deval" on the air this morning!
Both Jane Swift and Mitt Romney never took a pay check during their terms !!!

Skip N
02-21-2007, 06:33 PM
What a clown this guy is

sok
02-21-2007, 07:59 PM
$72,000 for his wife's personal assistant.

I'm glad my taxes are going to something worthwhile.
WTF?

spence
02-21-2007, 08:13 PM
Perhaps he's just got good taste?

Oh, and Mitt was a multi-millionaire you do know :hee:

-spence

Swimmer
02-21-2007, 08:18 PM
Deval is a multi millionaire also. Made a killing from the Coke stock options from when he worked there. Oh and he worked there just after he was investigating them when he was employed by the United States Attorney Generals Office. Coke couldn't figure a legal way out of the pending indictments so they just hired the guy coming after the company, Coupe Deval.

spence
02-21-2007, 08:24 PM
Deval is a multi millionaire also. Made a killing from the Coke stock options from when he worked there. Oh and he worked there just after he was investigating them when he was employed by the United States Attorney Generals Office. Coke couldn't figure a legal way out of the pending indictments so they just hired the guy coming after the company, Coupe Deval.
Ok, but...

It looks like Deval has offered to pay for the decorating and vehicle upgrade. I would agree that the governer's office should look nice, if he's willing to foot the bill, so much the better.

He's also calling for a 5% budget cut throughout many Government functions. So much for a tax and spend liberal.

What was your problem again?

-spence

basswipe
02-21-2007, 08:29 PM
All can say is I'm glad I'm not a Mass resident.Patrick is the definition of a PorkBarrel spender.Party lines mean nothing here he just loves spending other's money plain and simple.

Just remember in '08 the next pres could be O(S)bama or Hillary.In either case we'll make history:electing the enemy or the 1st male Firstlady!

America now officially stands alone in Afghanistan and Iraq.

This country IS DOOMED.The prophecies are real,the End of Days are upon us according to all religions.....oh that's right I've been labeled
an " atheisist".

Nevermind,drink up boys.

Raider Ronnie
02-21-2007, 08:36 PM
Ok, but...

It looks like Deval has offered to pay for the decorating and vehicle upgrade. I would agree that the governer's office should look nice, if he's willing to foot the bill, so much the better.

He's also calling for a 5% budget cut throughout many Government functions. So much for a tax and spend liberal.

What was your problem again?

-spence

He's offering only because of all the flack he's been getting in the press and on all the talk shows !

spence
02-21-2007, 08:37 PM
He's offering only because of all the flack he's been getting in the press and on all the talk shows !

I'm sure that's the case...

Cut him some slack...he's new :hee:

-spence

sok
02-21-2007, 08:55 PM
Good taste?
PUBLIC SERVANT.
As a taxpayer in the Commonwealth of Mass. MY MONEY is paying for the chopper rides (how much is jet fuel? and a pilot? and a shiny new helicopter?) and the new caddy and the personal assistant and the new furniture,etc,etc.
All this crap.
He gets called on it and says he will reimburse the state.
Ooops.
?
It shouldn't even be subject to debate to begin with.
Should not happen.
And this ***** has been in office for how long?
30 days? Not even.

Skip N
02-21-2007, 09:54 PM

Bingo! Otherwise he'd gladly have you and me pay for his $10,000 curtains!!

spence
02-21-2007, 09:56 PM
Bingo! Otherwise he'd gladly have you and me pay for his $10,000 curtains!!
John Ashcroft paid nearly that much to have curtains made to cover the naked women statue at the US Department of Justice.

At least Deval is doing it for the right reasons :)

-spence

Raider Ronnie
02-21-2007, 10:06 PM
It's on the news now
Quote "I screwed up "

Ya, he screwed up, he got caught !

Raider Ronnie
02-21-2007, 10:08 PM
John Ashcroft paid nearly that much to have curtains made to cover the naked women statue at the US Department of Justice.

-spence

What the hell are these "right reasons"
and is this guy a relative or personal friend of yours ???:smash:

sok
02-21-2007, 10:27 PM
Deval is doing it for the right reasons?
Is that like why does a dog lick himself?
Because he can?
Cut him some slack?
NO.
Not a f'n chance.
MY money. MY taxes.
State Police helicopters are for the State Police.
NOT King Deval.
His Highness can park his royal ass in the same vehicle as the last governor.
Lack of planning does not constitute an emergency
Public servant. Allegedly he works for me, since I pay his salary.
And I can already see he is going to abuse that to the hilt.
30-45 days in office?

Skip N
02-21-2007, 10:38 PM

-spence

And that was dumb what he did, just like what Deval is doing is just as stupid!

fishpoopoo
02-22-2007, 07:27 AM
He IS the elected governor for the serf-sheep of Ma$$holechusetts, so in some sense his office is entitled to the bells and whistles afforded a head of state.

On the other hand ...he's not leading by example, if his aim is to cut government waste.

stripersnipr
02-22-2007, 08:38 AM
He either lacks the foresight to understand the outrage the hypocrisy of these types of expenditures will spark or he was simply trying to get away with it. Neither of the two is acceptable. Even though he has agreed to pay BACK the difference between the Caddie and the Crown Vic and the office upgrade he only did so after severe public outcry. He still needs to explain this BS: "In my administration, state government will model what it asks of its citizens. As the state replaces its vehicle fleet, for example, new purchases will be hybrid or other fuel-efficient vehicles."

And maybe I'm wrong here but isn't law enforcement the purpose of Police Helicopters?

We are still waiting for a viable reason that his wife is the first in state history to require a full time (72K) assistant, never mind the fact that the appointment was to his former Campaign Co-Chair. Welcome to the "new direction". Even my Moonbat friends know better than to try and defend this crap.

BigBo
02-22-2007, 08:52 AM
Actually, Kitty Dukakis had a personal secretary as well. But that was probably because she was too hammered to get dressed on her own every morning. Doesn't speak well of Democrats in public office. Does it?:rollem:

spence
02-22-2007, 08:53 AM
To be honest, I'm not sure if there's anything he could do in office that would get your props...aside from resign.

From all of your comments it's looking like this is just a big pile of sour grapes.

-spence

BigBo
02-22-2007, 09:03 AM
Yes! He would get mad props from me if he did the right thing and resigned.:think: That's one of the best suggestions you've had.:laugha:

stripersnipr
02-22-2007, 09:06 AM
To be honest, I'm not sure if there's anything he could do in office that would get your props...aside from resign.

From all of your comments it's looking like this is just a big pile of sour grapes.

-spence

I will go on record right now as stating that Deval Patrick is doing a good job and is getting off on the right foot if he does the following:

Return the National Guard Troops to the border that he has removed.

Return the six State Troopers that he removed from an Illegal Immigration Task Force

Rescind the plan of Drivers License privileges, In-state tuition and affirmative policy actions to Illegal Immigrants.

Fire or privately fund his wifes assistant.

Rescind his plan to limit employers' access to the criminal records of potential employees.

BigFish
02-22-2007, 09:13 AM
My opinion is....I think the guy needs a car......maybe not the used car from the former Governor but also not a $47,000.00 Caddy at a cost of $850.00 a month! I think a Crown Vic would have been good enough! Curtains for the office....sure if he needs them get them but damn....$12,000.00???? He could have done better there for sure! Furniture? I heard the old furniture left with the former Governor so Deval needs furniture.......the guy is gonna spend alot of time in his office so quality furniture is in order.:hidin: <Not like this!

Isn't there a budget for the Governors spending for things like this? There should be a system in place for an incoming Governor where he has a budget alloting for certain needs of the job....maybe that might help!

If he is screaming to cut back everywhere and save money where we can he definitely is not sending the right message through his actions.

And an assistant for his wife? Hmmmmm......no!:rollem:

mekcotuit
02-22-2007, 10:57 AM
[QUOTE=Both Jane Swift and Mitt Romney never took a pay check during their terms !!![/QUOTE]

Ah, I remember Jane Not So Swift was damn glad to get a paycheck as she is married to a lazy lump who doesn't work but takes care of the kids...and she had a state trooper lug her butt back and forth from Western GodForesaken Mass to Boston every day - in a FORD EXPEDITION....how much did we pay for her gas - and the driver??? They all do this sort of crap.....no surprise:af:

HighTide
02-22-2007, 10:58 AM
Don't mean a thing if you ain't got the bling.