View Full Version : Tahiti???

Slick Moedee
02-22-2007, 03:50 PM
Anyone ever been. The wife and I didn't have a lot of money after our wedding, so we downplayed the honeymoon. Now we are plannig a trip to French Polynesia and was wondering if anyone has ever been? Maybe I can get one of the local artists to carve a plug or two.

MakoMike
02-22-2007, 04:16 PM
My son went two years ago. Said it was wicked expensive. If you have any specific questions I'll ask him.

nightprowler
02-22-2007, 04:17 PM
I was there last year right around this time, for work, only for a few days. I stayed in a sheraton right outside of the main city, papette. it was beautiful. if i was going to go back i would head to one of the other isles. not as built up. i knew people that went to moorea and the pictures were incredible. the diving around there was ridiculus. didn't do any fishing but with the wildlife diving i would imagine it would be incredible. surfing was great obviously.
feel free to pm, i can fill you in more and send some pics if you are interested.

nightprowler
02-22-2007, 04:19 PM
My son went two years ago. Said it was wicked expensive. If you have any specific questions I'll ask him.
it was SUPER expensive.
beers were about $9 for a hinano, about the equivalent of beast stateside.

Slick Moedee
02-23-2007, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the feedback, yeah the wallet is going to take quite a hit, but figure it will be a once in a lifetime experiece. We are going to be splitting ouir time between Tahiti, Bora Bora, and the Marquesas. The Marquesas apparently dosen't have any reefs and drops right off, maybe try for some pelagics right close to shore. Well see.