View Full Version : Cops and cell phones.

FishHawk
02-22-2007, 04:46 PM
Drove by a construction site today and there is a cop on his personal cell phone have a conversation and not really watching the traffic pattern. If I was his chief , cell phones would be banned on extra duty. I'll bet he wasn't a private but some high ranking Sargent or lieutenant. FishHawk

BigFish
02-22-2007, 06:16 PM
Posted a thread about this not too long ago Fishhawk....do a search! Yeah....amazing isn't it? Morons! The heck with public safety....I need to get the grocery list from the little lady!!!:mad:

fishsmith
02-23-2007, 03:11 PM
probably talking to his broker to find out the best way to invest the overtime.

Pete_G
02-23-2007, 09:15 PM
My Mom was in a pretty serious car accident which was contributed to by cops on cell phones at a construction site.

There were two detail cops at a construction site. They were there to help direct traffic, since some of the construction equipment and the Jersey barriers were creating blind spots and generally making the area dangerous.

Anyways, she was attempting to pull out onto the main road from a side road and BOTH cops were flapping away on their cells. She waited for a minute or so for help pulling out, which never came. The cops just continued walking around, gesturing with their free hands as they argued with their girlfriends or whatever they were doing. So she slowly pulled forward to peak around the Jersey barrier so she could safely pull out, but it was too late, front of her car got nailed.

"Why didn't you honk your horn?" was all they could say after the accident (thankfully the airbags worked their magic). F you buddy. Try doing your job. Now admittedly she could and should of honked, but not everyone is comfortable honking at police officers. I would have laid on the horn in no uncertain terms, simply because I would have been in the right in doing so and the idea of interrupting a police officer on the phone endangering the public by not doing his job appeals to me.

Long story short, I hate cops on their phones if it's not for police business. When the public's safety is in your hands and your being paid for it, hang the f up.

Raven
03-03-2007, 11:04 AM
and while driving ...a cell phone being used
or answered is more distracting than someone
who is DUI or stoned on grass....

so when i see people on cell phones while driving
i give them a wide berth
they are on auto pilot :hf1: