View Full Version : Best technique for dock fishing?

Big Vern
07-11-2002, 08:44 AM
What's happening everybody?

There is a set of private floating docks at the mouth of the Bass River in West Dennis, MA that I regularly fish on the weekends. It's a great spot: swift current, situated on a narrow part of the river opening to a basin, a few drop offs and holes that I know about, and a couple lights that really draw in the baitfish at night. I've pulled a couple keepers out from there already this year, but I'm always looking for improvement, and I wanted to run my techniques by everyone to see if i could dredge up some constructive criticism.

I mainly fish clams or sand eels on either a fishfinder or a hi lo set up. However, when the bass are breaking I usually throw some plastics at them. (With the lighting at this spot, bass busting the surface is a fantastic sight - there's a pool bathed in light that you can just sit and watch schoolies work the water.) Anyone have any other ideas? Would a bucktail work in this spot or do you need a rocky bottom (This is sandy)?

Thanks.

PS: Monomoy is holding some Large right now.

JohnR
07-11-2002, 08:48 AM
Bucktails work GREAT in the sand, get them onto the buttom and pulse the rod so they puff sand across the bottom....