View Full Version : Weather and sinuses

basswipe
02-25-2007, 10:35 AM
Anybody else's sinuses going haywire with this up and down weather.

I got a massive headache and cannot breath through my nose at all.And it really pisses me off that I have to ask a pharmacist and sign a form just to get some freakin Sudafed.

UserRemoved1
02-25-2007, 11:42 AM
been like that for about a week now. bloody noses 3x a day too.

Raven
02-25-2007, 12:06 PM
count me in.... same symptoms... and it sucks....bigtime.

luds
02-25-2007, 12:08 PM
yup.

ProfessorM
02-25-2007, 12:09 PM
These arctic cold fronts bring down extremely low humidity readings, negative dew points, thus your sinus's get completely dried out and you feel like crap, at least I have all winter. Add a wood stove and forced hot air heating, sawdust, and you are living in a desert environment . Dried out nasal passages also leave you open to colds and infections too. Sometimes I use a saline solution just to keep nasal passages moist but you are not alone.

justplugit
02-25-2007, 12:11 PM
I've had chronic sinusitis all my life and finally found the cure this winter.
A product called Sinu Cleanse you can buy at the drugstore, around $15. You put a saline solution in the container and do both sides of your nose with luke warm water. Clears out the sinus's within minutes and you can breathe all day and no post nasal drip. Haven't had a headache since i used it. Takes a little getting used to using it, but you'll neva look back.:doh:

basswipe
02-25-2007, 12:21 PM
Sudafed,Saline spray and the humidifier are staples in my household this Winter.

Backbeach Jake
02-25-2007, 01:04 PM
I've had chronic sinusitis all my life and finally found the cure this winter.
A product called Sinu Cleanse you can buy at the drugstore, around $15. You put a saline solution in the container and do both sides of your nose with luke warm water. Clears out the sinus's within minutes and you can breathe all day and no post nasal drip. Haven't had a headache since i used it. Takes a little getting used to using it, but you'll neva look back.:doh:

Is that the thing that looks like a gravy boat that you pour water in one nostril until it comes out the other? Does it work better than a finger?:laugha:

justplugit
02-25-2007, 02:34 PM
Is that the thing that looks like a gravy boat that you pour water in one nostril until it comes out the other? Does it work better than a finger?:laugha:

Ya that's it Fred, and alot more comfortable than a Finga.:grins:. I was skeptical, but after using it the first time i was convinced. First time i could breathe thru both nostrils in years. Didn't know what it was like to actually breathe. First thing my wife noticed, i wasn't coughing and clearing my throat 1000 times a day. :doh: Be prepared for some serious goo with the flush though. :D :yak:

fishsmith
02-25-2007, 04:06 PM
I've been coughing up a lung for a week now. I'm sure painting two rooms didn't help, but it did change the colors of my loogies :laughs:

Slingah
02-25-2007, 05:11 PM
I'm in the same boat....all dried out....gonna try Dave's stuff....

Swimmer
02-25-2007, 05:49 PM
I feel for you chronic sufferers. My wife has been laid up for four days now. Sick as a dog.

MAC
02-25-2007, 06:17 PM
Wow, I thought it was just me. I don't feel so bad now.

sok
02-25-2007, 06:56 PM
Sudafed,Saline spray and the humidifier are staples in my household this Winter.

Sudafed will just dry you out. For a while.
Then it will just stop working. Five days, maybe seven. Bad for you.
Dessicant + stimulant. Raise your blood pressure too.
Them little packages you get anytime you buy any kind of electronics that say"do not eat.".
Same idea.
Only you have to eat sudafed. (They make meth out of that too. I can't even get it without an ID anymore.)
MAC not just you. Nosebleeds, different voice in the winter, always stuffed up.
I got a humidifier a week and a half ago and already killed it.

I have good advice that sudafed is bad for you.
My best friend and my father. Both pharmacists.
One of those things; take it only as long as you need it.
Saline spray and a humidifier vs. sudafed.
The first two only cancel the last one out.

MarshCappa
02-26-2007, 11:52 AM
This my worst season for getting sinus headaches. I even got an ear infection for the 1st time in my life! I may try that sinus clean stuff though.

Backbeach Jake
02-26-2007, 08:04 PM
Ya that's it Fred, and alot more comfortable than a Finga.:grins:. I was skeptical, but after using it the first time i was convinced. First time i could breathe thru both nostrils in years. Didn't know what it was like to actually breathe. First thing my wife noticed, i wasn't coughing and clearing my throat 1000 times a day. :doh: Be prepared for some serious goo with the flush though. :D :yak:

I was just busting on you, Dave. My brother, MountainCaster, is an RN highly recommends those things.