View Full Version : Bruins vs Thrashers

MarshCappa
02-27-2007, 10:00 AM
I had 2nd row freebies to last nights game. It was the 1st game I've been to since 03'. Wow, these guys are tough to watch and I was hard pressed to get inspired at all with their lack of toughness and hitting. The Thrashers were lining Bruins up left and right and the boys in black did little to match the intensity. Tim Thomas was the only player worth watching as he bailed out our light hitting D time and time again. Chara and Mara are BIG(literally) dissapointments. Chara hits no one and is flat footed often in front of the net just taking up space. Mara was lathargic and often seemed to be mentally not in the play. Chara passed off on the point time and time again. We kept waiting for his supposed cannon of a slap shot from the point but all he managed was a stiff wrist shot that had some pace and was on net but that was it. Final score was a 3-2 lose but it seemed a lot worse than that. I know the rules have changed a lot but man what happened to old time hockey? Man up and body up. Too much dump and chase or make an extra tricky and difficult pass instead of getting pucks on net and crashing the rebound. No big hits in the corner and absolutely NO ONE plays the tough guy role. Chara may be a good skater and puck handler but he dosn't deserve to be a Captain with his lack of toughness and leadership. It was a ho hum effort and left me thinking about the days of old. Anyone else have a take on this team?

teaser
02-27-2007, 02:54 PM
I agree ,,, they SUCK!

I'm old time hockey at heart and NO Chara doesn't deserve the "C" on his jersey, he was a new addition to the team and they made him the captain? Whatever happened to earning the "C"? There are guys on the team that deserve it more than he does that's for sure.

They need to get a decent head coach too because Dave Lewis was just mediocre in his good days when he had something to teach. I think Paul Mara should be the next one to go, his head is always in the clouds, lack of heart for most of this team. :sleeps:

Maybe with the new goaltender they'll give Thomas a break and let him rest up, their burning him out. When they give the kid some defense he's a great goaltender but when they go into one of their "funk" modes they leave the guy all alone for the other team to beat up on. You can see the guys beat by the way he's been handling the puck, he's been very iify as of late. :confused:

There is 20 games left and they have to win at least 14 to make it to the playoffs (by my guess) and I just don't see it happening ... AGAIN! I could sit and pick them apart all day long watching one of their games, I used to until I realized my blood pressure was worth more to me than letting it rise because of them, they still make their millions regardless of how they play so I just shrug it off and say I'd rather be healthy. :gf:

I miss the Bruins website when you could chat with other fans and relieve some stress but ... they even took that away because of all the negative comments and views of the team and it's higher ups. What's the point of having a website if you can't post on it whether it be criticism or praise, maybe get a little feedback from the fans that support them in the long haul. After all isn't that where they get their pay from, fans that buy tickets and such. :huh:

Hockey in general has become more of a sissy sport with all the do's and dont's, it's almost like watching figure skating with hockey sticks.

Old time hockey was great ... guys with razor blades on their feet, armed with sticks, trying to embed you into the walls with a check, shooting a 2 pound piece of rubber at you and trying to pick a fight with you at the drop of a hat. Now THAT was hockey!

I'm getting old I guess, so's this rant ... but you started it! :D

Hey maybe we could put together a team from this site and play them, I'm pretty sure we'd beat them.

Oh, and I pick 10th place in the end.

teaser
02-27-2007, 06:41 PM
Well what do you know ... they traded Mara today ...YES!

Bad news is they traded Brad Boyes too.

afterhours
02-27-2007, 06:55 PM
i'm with you guys- i miss REAL hockey..... i remember when boston was a hockey town....time for a new league.