View Full Version : boston harbor saturday

Mr. Kav
07-12-2002, 07:06 AM
i will be heading out in boston harbor on saturday with extreme novices to fishing. anyone going to be out there? i should be out there all day so give me shout if you are out there. I haven't exactly decided what i am going to do fishing wise, but i am sure i will be trolling a bit for i really don't think these guys would like chunking. i am thinking about trolling the length of nantasket beach. anybody troll that area? any suggestions on what to drag?

good luck this weekend

Kav

Van
07-12-2002, 10:59 AM
Kav:
I am planning to get out there, but probably later in the morning, 9 ish..(call on 69), boat name KARAVI or I'll try kavs katch.
Been doing OK chunkin near the rockpiles.
Have not tube/worm yet, maybe you should try it. It much cleaner than chunkin, and easier for newbies.
I may try both Saturday.

I hope the wind ain't blowin !!!!
Got beat up bad yesterday.:smash:

Don't forget to take a ride into the mouth of the harbor and look for the birds, we had incredible action there last weekend.

BasicPatrick
07-12-2002, 11:00 AM
Mr. Kav,

I live in Hull......the town known for Nantasket Beach

Stay outside a mile or so and troll deep divers on the large side for consistant Bluefish

Van
07-12-2002, 11:19 AM
Will basic be on the water tomorrow????

Mr. Kav
07-12-2002, 11:24 AM
van,
i will be around give me a shout on 69 i should be in the water by 10:00am.

Basicpatrick,
thanks for the advice i will certainly do that, that will be much easier for me since no one else on my boat will know what to do.

Van
07-12-2002, 12:24 PM
I will also try that, I have plenty of big rebels and rapala's, wire line and mono.
If the blues are around maybe drift and bait em' too.

Hope to see ya out there.

Mr. Kav
07-12-2002, 01:16 PM
if you see me out there feel free to stop by and say hi, what type of boat do you have again? so if i see you i will do the same. i would like to put a face with all our posts.

schoolie monster
07-12-2002, 01:27 PM
I'll be at the cape for the weekend fishing with two feet on the ground... which is probably good since I may not be in mental shape to captain a boat for a few days. Got some great/scary news on Wednesday... will elaborate in stripertalk.

Good luck on the water this weekend... hope to hear some good reports as I may get out tuesday afternoon-evening.

Van
07-12-2002, 01:28 PM
Kav:
I agree, I own one of the best boats made "Proline".:D
Its a 20 foot WA. Teal colors with evinrude 175.

I think you said you have a 251 with twin johnsons or evinrudes.
If radio fails we can try the cell phones.

Schoolie:
If your out this coming tuesday let me know, that is the day of the week I ususally go out with my buddy.