View Full Version : rod tip fix??? help!

Jenn
07-12-2002, 11:16 PM
had to replace the tip on one of my rods while at the cape......well luckily I had a little repair kit thing with me.....(never done this myself BTW:rolleyes: :rolleyes: )
anyway it held out until our last night out (luckily) but came off after getting clogged with that satanistic brown "you know what".......

anyone have advice for someone who has no idea what she's doin??? it was just a quick glue job kind of deal....anything else I should have done/should do to fix it so it will actually STAY this time???
thanks!

mikecc
07-13-2002, 04:14 AM
Jenn
Pick up a stick of Ferrule cement .
It looks like a Glue Stick. heat it up ,drip it it the tip and on the broken tip section ant place together.
If it does not line up on the first try reheat and move till it lines up with other guides.
takes about 2 min.

Jenn
07-14-2002, 11:28 PM
:( :( :( :(

I think that is what I had.......and pretty much what I did with it.....I guess I will just have to take my time and try it again....

thanks for the info....

Homerun04
07-15-2002, 03:40 PM
Eaiest fix is to take it to your local B&T....they'll cut the top flush and place a new guide on top...all in all you should only lose a few inches, at a very minimal cost....just my $.02 worth. Good luck.

Jenn
07-15-2002, 11:07 PM
Eaiest fix is to take it to your local B&T....they'll cut the top flush and place a new guide on top...

well....will I have it back by thursady?eek: :eek: ???? and I did cut id down and put a new one on....just didnt stay on(then again it was done on the beach and in a haste..oh well...) .....am I being ignorant to think that they are going to do anything THAT different than what I can do if I take my time and try it again????

oh well I will jst try it again and then if it fails me again I will just throw it away and buy a new rod :eek: :eek: :D
(sorry little bit of the days stress , irritation and crankiness showing:eek: :eek: ...who ME cranky??? NEVER!):D

Fishpart
07-16-2002, 06:27 AM
Jenn, they should be able to do it for you while you wait.

Homerun04
07-16-2002, 07:36 AM
Less then a 3 minute job.