View Full Version : Perfect end to a LONG week

BrianS
03-06-2007, 10:23 AM
Went back to work yesterday for the first time in a week.
Parked at the quincy adams t-station 830am
Returned 430pm

Passenger window smashed
Sattellite radio +$5 stolen

*annoyed*

crash
03-06-2007, 11:03 AM
You just can't catch a break. Can they even use the radio?

BigFish
03-06-2007, 11:42 AM
Cost to wire your vehicle to explode when entered by an intuder.......Priceless!:hihi:

That sucks Brian! Not a great way to start the week off!

BrianS
03-06-2007, 11:45 AM
You just can't catch a break. Can they even use the radio?

not anymore
its been shut down....

and unless sirius is fibbing, the serial is still listed on my account so it CANT be activated... it was a crappy $40 jobbie, so i hope they enjoyed it for a few hours

it was a COLD ride home yesterday i tell you.

crash
03-06-2007, 12:31 PM
Now, to cheer yourself up, save the busted glass. Then borrow a friends car, roll the window down, tape on a trash bag, and put some glass back in the car. Return the car to your friend, its funny to watch. I stole that idea from somewhere, but its funny.

BrianS
03-06-2007, 12:51 PM
shazzam.
brilliant idea

i still have a ton of glass i cant reach between the windsheild/dash...

gonna try to use the smallest vacumn attachment... unless the glass people can clean it up when they fix the window like i nicely asked....

goosefish
03-07-2007, 07:58 AM
that sucks. It happened to my girlfriend, twice in a week. The guys who fixed the glass, a little place out in Brooklyn, were pros--they had seen broken glass before, and behind their counter they had on the wall a whole lot of radios for sale. I think they may have a night business going on as well.

Karl F
03-07-2007, 08:33 AM
that sucks..
stealing a sirius unit.. can't be too bright.. becasue as soon as you report it & deactivate it... no one can ever register it again... idiots.. but.. scum like that are usually not too bright.. If I am in an area I don't like, I always slide my sirius sporster out of it's cradle, and lock it in the glove box..
they break in there and stick a hand in quick.. they will come back with a paw full of 3/0 VMC trebles...

Katie
03-07-2007, 11:09 AM
lock it in the glove box..
they break in there and stick a hand in quick.. they will come back with a paw full of 3/0 VMC trebles...

sounds like a good idea..[with the treble hooks] i'll have to remember that.

that really stinks Brian :bsod: hope you have a lot better luck from now on :faga:

people these days will steal anything they can :gorez:

FishermanTim
03-07-2007, 12:53 PM
In this State, in this day and age, the scumbag would probably sue you for damages to thier hand(s) and loss of "work" and you'd probably lose (seeing how the judicial system works nowadays :faga: ).

Make sure you have REALLY sharp hooks.:hihi:
Make sure to cover your seats with either plastic or cheap seatcovers, so when the idiot gets "hooked", it'll be easy to clean up.

:heybaby: :eek5: :rollem:

JohnR
03-08-2007, 04:28 PM
In this State, in this day and age, the scumbag would probably sue you for damages to thier hand(s) and loss of "work" and you'd probably lose (seeing how the judicial system works nowadays :faga: ).

Make sure you have REALLY sharp hooks.:hihi:
Make sure to cover your seats with either plastic or cheap seatcovers, so when the idiot gets "hooked", it'll be easy to clean up.

:heybaby: :eek5: :rollem:

And crimp the barbs :hihi:

BrianS
03-09-2007, 09:09 AM
i dont need hooks, my car is still filled with broken glass.. i vaccumned twice - i cant reach a TON of it where the dash meets the windsheild, and i keep finding slivers in the seats etc..

unhappy

guess i need to get it detailed.

Swimmer
03-09-2007, 09:38 AM
I hope you heater worked good enough to keep you at least comfortable on the way home Brian. And you had heavy jacket on as well. Why don't you small claim the T for the extra glass cleanup or at least ask them to look at the surveillance cameras, which there are many.